Awesome -hairless in Pensacola

Great experience. electrolysis is a process but...

Great experience. electrolysis is a process but easier than weight loss and so rewarding. I don't have a razor in my shower. Have the Blend method done. It is the newest of the techniques and gentle on the skin. Absolutely permanent. a little uncomfortable but not as bad as waxing.

Cindy Cassady School of Electrology

Is it recommended to get electrolysis before or after pregnancy? I'm afraid after the hormonal changes associated with pregnancy, that it may be better to get electrolysis after pregnancy? What have you seen in your own patients, Arlena Parker?
;) My pleasure. I look forward to hearing from you.
Arlena, Thank you very much for the advice. I will do as you said and see if I notice a difference. I'll give it a while and will let you know how things turn out. Robyn
OK,.. :) Could be 3 things. #1 your Electrologist may be using improper insertion techniques. I have good faith in Electrologist's but unfortunately some are more educated and experienced than others. Do you ever feel the insertions? #2 your Electrologist may not be working on a high enough setting for your skin and hair type. If you barley feel anything let her know. If you can tolerate a bit more mention it to her. ####3333 THIS IS A BIG ONE. YOUR HAIRS MAY BE DORMANT(SLEEPING). What this means is that if your Electrologist zaps a hair that's dormant, it will grow back because its not attached to the blood vessels that nourish it to grow. Its just sitting there. In easy terms our whole point as Electrologist is to zap the root or what nourishes the hair to grow in order to kill it so the hair does not grow back. It must be in the proper stage to kill it permanently. Telogen, (dormant or sleeping hairs just sitting there or getting ready to shed) is one of 3 cycles your hairs go through. Completely normal. In order for our work as Electrologist to be more productive, we need to get hairs that are in the Anagen or (active, growing) stage. That's when we make damage to the root and the hairs lessen and don't come back. After a while your anagen hairs go to a dormant phase (Telogen)and just sit there. If all of our hairs were anagen they would be down to our knees. That's why some grow then stop then shed etc. Some Electrologist work on any hairs any length. I don't operate this way. Its a waste of my time and clients time and $. This is one of the reasons why I have happy clients because they see results soon and if you follow what i recommend you will as well. Shave, cut or clip area one week before treatment. Then, see your Electrologist. Any hairs that she sees will be Anagen active growing hairs. Any hairs that were once there that were dormant will still be under the skin surface and she wont be wasting your time getting them. Those come back anyway. This is what may be happening to you. She might have been treating dormant hairs over and over again and your just not seeing results. Your hairs do not need to be long to be treated. Actually when they are short they are most likely active so that's better. Remember that cutting, clipping or shaving the hair does not stimulate it to grow. It is scientifically proven. Hair grows from the root not from the tips of hair. When your cut, trim or shave a hair, your cutting off the skinny end and exposing the thicker part of the hair that was there to begin with. That's why it may not feel so pretty at first. You did not just stimulate it by cutting it. Don't be afraid to uses those methods in between electrolysis. If you choose not to, your treatments will remain to take much longer than desired. Hope that helps ;) Arlena Parker, Electrologist Studio City, CA
No, I don't hold anything in my hand. I don't cut or do anything to the treated hair. I did wax before I started the treatments. I have waxed for about 6 years. (I'm guessing.)
ok, few more q's, almost there,....Do you hold something in your hand while the electrolysis is being prefomed? Do you cut,shave or clip the hairs that you get treated? what methods of hair removal were you using prior to electolysis?(waxing,tweezing,etc,)
Hi there! I am an experienced Electrologist and would love to help. Now there may be many factors involved. Are you using any other methods of hair removal besides electrolysis? Are you going in 2x a month for both eyebrows and upperlip? if so how long are your treatments and what method of electrolysis is being used? i can better answer your questions if I know those few good details ;)
Thank you so much for replying. I am not using any other methods for hair removal. I am going every 2 weeks and my appointments are for 30 minutes. Both upper lip and eye brows are done in this time span. As to the method being used I'm not sure. I had my hormones tested and results were, no problems. My hair is blonde and not real thick. I just don't understand why this is taking so long.
I have been going to an electrolsis for 1 year,a total of 30 treatments so far. I went 6 months to 1 office, 1 time a week. Now I am going to a different office once every 2 weeks. I am having eye brows and upper lip done. Assuming all is well with my hormones can any one tell me how much longer should I go for this. I'm starting to wonder if I am wasteing money. What kind of results should I be seeing now, after 30 treatments?
One show start to see a change in 14/16 weeks. Ask the operator what gives. She may be using to little heat...doyou feel a tug on the hair. She may just be plucking you. After all those treatments the hair should be gliding out. Have you seen any change? The trick to electrolysis is to go regularly and have the same area treated withing 2/3 weeks. If you need a 45 min appointment to get it all off and are only booking 15 min that could be the problem. Make sure all is removed each time. If she has not explained any of this to you...find someone else.