Tummy Tuck in Two Weeks - Aventura, FL

My name is Alex. I am 21 years old at the moment...

My name is Alex. I am 21 years old at the moment and i am 6'2". At age 17 I was about 330 lbs. I use to lead a very unhealthy lifestyle, mainly because I guess I didn't enjoy life as much as I should have in my younger days. At age 18 I started training in mixed martial arts after I lost around 70lbs in a year. Since then, I have dropped to 220 and I don't have much fat in my abdomen left. After 3 years of training and falling in love with mixed martial arts i have decided to pursue a professional career in it but even with my amateur kickboxing fights, my belly skin was always an issue and even though I am 5-0 in the sport, it affected both my training and my performance. Hopefully this surgery will give me that push I need to take my training to the next level.

My surgery is scheduled for January 11th, so It is coming up very soon. I will post pictures this weekend when I get a chance.

I have a question about the the use of antibiotics...

I have a question about the the use of antibiotics before surgery. Today i woke up with a horrible sore throat and my wife gave me some advil or tylenol. My papers say that I cant take anything for 2 weeks before surgery, so i'll be asking my surgeon this thursday when i go see him.
Anyways, I still have not thought much about the surgery but I know i'm going to freak the closer i get to the day.

My surgery was moved to the 10th. 4 more days. Im...

My surgery was moved to the 10th. 4 more days. Im starting to get anxious. Are there any other things im going to need besides the meds i had to buy? Any recommendations in things that can help accommodate

I'm 6 hours post op. This sucks bad. I keep...

I'm 6 hours post op. This sucks bad. I keep bleeding, is this normal? like my pants are almost drenched in blood in the butt area. I can't move around without pain but i have to go to see the surgeon tomorrow at 3, ill ask him then.

I am 4 days Post-op and it was the first day I was...

I am 4 days Post-op and it was the first day I was able to use the bathroom. The swelling is crazy but i think the incision is healing well. I am starting to increase the time between the pain meds and I am taking Ibuprofen every 6-8 hours. I am going to walk around the block when the sun goes down to see if I can walk straighter.

Tomorrow I am having my first ultrasound, I think...

Tomorrow I am having my first ultrasound, I think thats what its called. My drains are still in, the left one is very slow and yellowing. The right one is still draining much faster and it's as red as it can be. I hope they can come off this week as I am 11 days post op.
The swelling is subsiding and I am in almost no pain at all. I can see results already but I gained like 10lbs. Is that normal?

My drains were taken out yesterday. My incision is...

My drains were taken out yesterday. My incision is 99 % closed.
But I developed a Seroma. I went today and they tried to drain it, but they couldn't. Tomorrow I'm supposed to see my surgeon. They told me not to worry but I'm freaking out.
When they tried to drain today, it hurt so much, like they were burning me and wouldn't stop. I'm freaking out so much.

Almost 6 months

My recovery had problems because of the sutures that were supposed to dissolve were fought out of my body instead. I still have a small opening with small amounts of swelling, which i've had for 2 months and my surgeon just last week gave me anti biotics for it. I've been training pretty hard for an upcoming fight and I even though I had some complications, I'd do it all over again because this surgery will change your life.

Photos up

It's been 18 Months

I went 4-0 in the amateur circuit. I am also on my way to fight at 185. This surgery changed my mindset, that along with great coaching have changed my life style.
Jeffrey LaGrasso

Stubakka, how did the surgery go? I'm 8 days Post Op and I'm doing better everyday. The scar is healing quickly, no infections. The only thing is the drains are still in which are a huge inconvenience. the swelling is crazy but that was expected.
I'm ok. Two drains. Im 4 hours post op. the compression fitting is super tight. Not sure how snug it needs to be. I'm taking pain meds every 3 hours delauded. I started stool softened the 3 days before. So hopefully ill be good soon. I'm very hairy so all this tape pulling on my hair is annoying. Going to pee is an event. You can't be alone at all for this kind of thing and you have to really trust someone because they will see you very vaulnerable. I will update my profile with my day In a moment.
How you doing! I'm 2 days away. Eeeeek
dont worry it all gets better from here
Blisters are normal from the compression garment, I'm i supposed to drain them or leave them? Should my compression garment be tight?
i am much better. Im still constipated and haen't used the bathroom but i am hoping the stool softener i took yesterday takes effect soon
How are you doing? Hope your better.
Stubakka, the bleeding was normal from the lipo on the flanks. Im trying to stretch out the pain meds because the most pain I'm on now is the constipation.
When you stretch out the time of the pain meds it will come down by itself try to stay eating light
Found that this product called scar away is like silicone healing sheets have alot of good feed back for when you get to that point you may want to check it out I'm ordering it now also for next week. http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B001KY3IOU
My surgery is next Friday. The 18th. I'm sorry to hear your in so much pain. I hope some chime in on if the bleeding is normal or not. I'm assuming you did not use any meds that are blood thinners?
I am so constipated that I will need a C Section to remove this devil brooding inside of my stomach. I drank some milk of megnesia about 7 hours ago but no effect. I haven't gone to the bathroom to take a number two in 3 days going on 4. I am also scared of taking laxatives, what should I take? I need tips, PLEASE HELP ME :O
Is the pain meds making you constipated? How is the pain and what day are you post op?
These meds are not working. i can hardly get up and it burns . so much
This whole ordeal is easier than you can imagine. One hour after getting to my hospital room for an over nite stay the fun began. I am 3 months PO and don't remember any discomfort, just the good stuff. I know there was soreness and inconvenience but in hind site it was all so interesting and life changing. I read all of the horror stories on here and my doctor said stop! (i didn't). It all turned out so well, I'm so happy I did this. The preop nervousness was actually excitement and I just didn't realize it. The mirror is now my friend, YES!!!!!
I'm excited at the thought of the surgery, but i get anxious from going through the procedure and recovery. What is your weight at now?
I have a story like yours I was 346 LBS at my heaviest, I have an Extended Tummy Tuck with Lipo and Ab Tightening set for the 18th, im not sure how to list my own page, i just joined tonight, My op is the 18th, Im super nervous and also getting excited after seeing the before and after pics on the site.
My surgery was moved to the 10th. 7 Days from now. I'm starting to get nervous :(
congrats on the weight loss! tomorrow im meeting my surgeon for the first time. atleast im not worried about delaying my surgery
good luck with the surgery im also 6'2 and 24 years old I dropped from 290lbs to 206lbs
I had my surgery done on the 20 of december they told to only take tylenol for those two weeks

Hi Alex welcome to the community:)

Thank you for posting your review.   Congratulations on dropping the weight and getting healthy.  I am sure you feel amazing now.  A few more days and you can say goodbye to the extra skin.  You will love it!

Definitely post the before and after pictures.