47 Years Old Mother of 3 - Miami, FL

My tt and full back lipo is on July 24th. 2014...

My tt and full back lipo is on July 24th. 2014 with Dr Jeffrey Lagrasso. I'm anxious, nervous, and scared. I've did a breast reduction 19 years ago. I didn't feel nervous or scared I didn't even take any pain medications. But I have a feeling that I'm going to need them for this procedure. Has anyone one done these 2 procedures and what can I expect? I'm a petit per on 4 ft 11.5 inches tall 130 lbs I spin 4 times a week .

New pre op photo

So I really don't have loose skin but a little bulge. I wonder if it's the hernia, but Dr knows best.

Tomorrow is the big day!

Feeling tons of butterflies in my stomach and nervous but I know i will make it though. Hopefully my recovery will not be so tuff. Oh yeah and the nausea after surgery. Although my Dr prescribed Zofran before going in. crossing g my fingers.

The big has come it's 5:30am on my way

Didn't sleep much feeling a little nervous. I will update later wish me luck.

As you all say : "l finally made it to the Flat side!"

It was nerve racking this morning but I made it. All I remember is lying in the operating table and that was it. Woke up sore a little pain and Thank God no nausea. I was fearing that. Getting up is a mission but it's getting g a little easier. My back is sore due to the lipo but bearable. My Husband and Daughter had been amazing. Over all not too bad. Thank you all for your encouraging words and reassuring me. I have my Dr appointment tomorrow at 10am will see the results so far. Will update tomorrow. Thanks again.

little more pain today but manageable.

So today I have a little bit more pain but I guess the anesthesia wore off. Had my Dr's appt today everything looks good. Sorry I haven't taken any pics because it hurts standing for a long time. But I will soon I promise.

Day 2 PO and walking better.

So today not really taking pain medication just Tylenol during the day. Last night took pain meds to sleep we'll see tonight. No BM yet but working on it. Feeling really tight Doc gave me the ok to take shower but not sure I'm ready as when I took the surgical wrap I felt extreme preasure oh boy. Sorry I haven't posted recent photo it's just too uncomfortable at the moment but will try later on today.

Time for a shower!!!

So afraid I just might have to take a pain medication?? I'm afraid to take my surgical wrap off. I felt so much pressure when I took it off at the doctor's office. Well here goes nothing will update.

Today I'm alone at home.

All alone but getting g around pretty good with one of my Mom's walker. I slept pretty much the whole night. I only take the pain meds to sleep. Got up very slowly out of the recliner Made coffee and started taking laxative. I've been taking stool softener since day one. So will see what happens. Feeling pretty I'm hoping I can walk a little straighter by the end of this week. I'm still have some swelling in my back due to lipo but doesn't bother me as much as the drain literally on my but cracked lol. Can't wait for Thursday to take them out!

Doing much better

Yesterday had BM felt great afterwards thought it was going to take longer but good thing it happened sooner than later. Slept though the night pretty good. Got up made some coffee and toast and resting once again. I really don't want to over due it. I'm just thinking about walking a little normal. Can't wait to take these drains out already.

Showered all on my own.

Well today moving around, did some laundry, made a quick breakfast. Tomorrow is my 7 day post op appointment hoping my drains will be gone. Still feeling super tight my back is killing me! I'm hoping it will get better by the weekend. I'm not sure I will be able to got back to work on Monday but I have some more PTO days so may have to use them. I bought a heating pad just didn't want to use it with my drains. So maybe after they are removed I can use it and will feel better. Fingers crossed.

1 week post op Dr appt. and Drains are still in :(

Well the good news I may be able to take them out by the weekend (crossing my fingers). Got to eat out with my wonderful Hubby afterwards. Feeling really good. Still hoping I will be able to walk a little more straighter. Will finally post pics tomorrow. Sorry for the delay.

Finally Pictures

Feeling good. Took a shower and today it felt even better. Still have my drains hopefully I can take them off by Monday.
I'm not taking pain medication just Tylenol for my back pain along with a heat pad. Well here are my pics. Happy so far.

11 days post op and feeling good

I've been sleeping in my bed for 3 days now and my back feels so much better. I was suppose to go back to work today but I still have my drains and I'm hoping to at least have one taken out. The one the least is draining is the side one but that one is not the most uncomfortable one its the one in my lower back. So I may have to go back to work with one drain in and I really don't know how am I going to deal with how to hide it. Although I still have 2 more days of PTO.

Back to work.

Feeling good came to work as I work at a College in the Admissions office so not so stressful. My co workers are wonderful being so helpful. Almost standing straight walking slowly when needed only. However I still have I drain in and I pinned it under my flared dress so it's not noticeable.

Well today makes 2 weeks post op.

I'm finally sleeping without pillows under my legs. I felt so good to sleep a little normal but still on my back tbough. I gave my Doc appt today to see if I finally take my drain out. Although I'm draining 25cc in 24 hours time. Still wearing my Surgical Binder as you can see. I'm not taking any pain medications only if my back hurts .

Still with that one drain :(

Well l kind of knew it wasn't going to be removed. I'm still draining a little over 25cc in 24hrs. I guess because of the full back and flanks lipo is a big area and the funny thing is I'm petit lol. Oh well I rather keep it until the right time ad I don't want to jeopardize my recovery. The good new is I got my new Garment. What a mission to put that on! I'm feeling tight all over. Well until my next appt next Thursday I will be drain free!

weekend getaway

Feeling good considering that I still have 1 drain we drove down to the Key Largo only a 45 min drive. My 2nd oldest son came home last night from his internship at GE in Kentucky where he spent 3 months. He was so looking g forward to get back into the ocean. I however stayed in as I an not able to go and I really what my recovery to go as smooth as possible. My family's been so supportive that they deserve this mini getaway. I am able to walk 95 % straight and last night I slept on my side for the first time and it felt great. I can't believe it's been 17 days post op how fast time flew by and I'm not complain at all. Happy healing to all my real selfers!

3 weeks tomorrow and some updated pics

Well 3 weeks tomorrow since surgery. Although after sitting for a while when I get up I'm still feeling alot of pressure and like unfolding only leather. Does anyone feel the same way? Still have that one drain (up my butt cracked like a tail) super uncomfortable when sitting and getting into clothes is a mission. So I'm REALLY PRAYING that it will be removed so I can feel free again. As far as my scars here are some pics. I just started applying Bio Oil this week. Happy healing everyone!

Finally Drain Free!

finally after 3 weeks I got my drain remove today! I'm so Happy and relived! Feeling normal again

Lost 10 lbs in 3 weeks feeling Great!

Feeling real good wearing my jeans today. They fit even better and more comfortable. I'm feeling more normal but still taking it easy. Have my PS appt next week for my 4 week check up and hopefully I will get the ok to start light workout. Happy healing Real Selfiers!

Compression Garment too big?

How do I know when the very $$ CO is too big. I mean does it suppose to feel tight that you can't breathe? I bought 2 others that are sorter 1 I can wear outfits that reqiure to strapless and 1 full waist under wear so I can where with outfits that I can't wear the full body CG. I usually wear the full body CO because I had full back lipo and helps the swelling but my turbo feels comfortable but not too tight. Should I buy smaller full body CG?

27 days post op

27 days post op.
The pros:
** I can sleep on my sides with no problem.
** I can walk perfectly straight.
**I have lost a total of 10 lbs since surgery without even doing any actives except for regular walking around work when needed and at home.
** My clothes fits me like it -PERFECTLY and some a little big.
** I can walk with heels just fine.
Not much swelling.
** I wear my CG 24/7 feel fine with it.

The Cons:
** I still feel tight when getting up from sitting.
** not too crazy of how my scar not being straight but I will be patient as this is not my first surgery, I had a breast reduction and you can't even see the scars at all. Hoping this will heal the same.
** Still feel sensitive on my BB when driving on bumpy road.
** Desparately wanting to get back to my Spinning.

My PSAppt is tomorrow will update.

4 weeks today

4 weeks today and feeling better. So today I've posted pics. Still wearing my CG and will see my PS tomorrow for check up. Not much swelling just tight and happy so far.

pics at 4 weeks

4 week PS appointment

My 4 week PS appointment was on Friday. Everything is good. I asked if I should put anything on my scar and said no its healing good and I have minimal swelling. Just to keep my CG on for another month and no excercise for 4 weeks as well. Will see him again on Sept 19th. But still contemplating scar treatment.

Well its been 5 weeks

I'm feeling better as each day goes by. I'm still feeling a little tight when I sit for a long time, but much better than last week. I'm sleeping on my sides so this week I may try to sleep on my stomach. Gosh I miss that. My scar is healing very well. It's looking very thin happy with it so far. Still a little swollen and nomb on my back due to full back lipo but it's slowing coming back to normal. I purchased 2 Monkini for this long weekend as my BB and scar is still healing I don't want to mess up the good healing process I'm having so far. I have posted updated pics. Will update at 6 weeks.

This is what a Monkini looks like

It's this style of swimsuit.

I received my Monkini today here's the pic.

Still swollen but it's a small and fits!

My 6 Week update

I'm feeling some normality again.
I'm feeling my back again.
My CG is to big now and I have ordered a smaller one as I'm still a little swollen in my back.
I can sneeze, cough, and laugh without too much pain just a tiny bit.
I went to the beach last weekend and it felt great.
My scar is healing well. I've been using Bio Oil 2 twice a day.
The tightness when I get up from sitting so long is not that bad.
I have posted pics of my scar. Happy healing Real Selfers!

One more pic

Thought I should post a pic with clothes for a change lol

Pic didn't upload sorry there it is

Pic

Finally got my booty back!

After 7 weeks I finally have my booty back! It's been a while with the swelling due to full back lipo (no regrets). I feel amazing and would do it all over if I had to. I'm still a little swollen in my lower back but its getting better every day. I can do almost anything except work out until I get the clear from my PS hopefully on Sept 26 when I go see him. I sometimes have a little swelling on my upper abdomen at the end of the day but as soon as I get home from work I take a shower and off to bed I go and it all goes away. I guess it comes with the territory still no complaints as I know this is a process and I'm very positive that this is only temporary. Happy healing all you Real Selfies! Here are my 7 weeks pics.

8 weeks and 2 days Post Op

Feeling great as usual but at night I feel a little pressure on my side abdomen but once I am down for a bit it goes away. I guess it's my body telling me to rest. I haven't gain any weight as I've been eating lean and clean. I'm hoping I get the clear to get back to the gym. Here are my pre op and post op pic comparison. No Regrets! Happy healing all Real Selfies. :)

Back to gym!

Well went to my PS on Thursday and he finally gave me the ok to work out but NO AB WORKOUTS! That was fine by me i don't tonk my body is ready anyways and I would compromise my recovery . So Friday off to Spinning I went and it felt good. Started off slow plus my daughter made sure of it as she was Spinning next to me. My PS also said that i dont have to wear my CG to sleep just during the day. I slept without it for tbe first time on Thursday night felt pretty good. I also bought a cincher, talk about an hour glass figure! I wore on Saturday for about 6 hours I wasn't too tight I can breath just fine however yesterday I went out on our boat to test it as we just bought another one and I had it on all day. Not good when I took it off I was in a little pain and I think it's best to just start wearing it for a short period of time and work your why up to make just 4 to 6hrs a day. I didn't sleep that we'll last night so today I wore spandex I feel much better. I have posted my 9 weeks and 4 days post op pics. Still happy with results my scar is healing nicely and so is my bb. Doc says Bio oil is fine no need for other scar treaments. Happy healing all RS!

sorry was having trouble uploading pics.

Here they are.

10 l weeks and 5 days post op

well it's been already 10 weeks and 5 days I started to work out 2 weeks ago it feels great however I have gained some weight I am hoping that its muscle weight and not fat. however my clothes still fit in a much smaller size between two and four. I no longer wear my CG for bed I only wear it during the day. I feel a lot like myself.I have posted my 10 weeks and 5 days pictures. Happy healing everyone.

missed some pics.

Some more photos that didn't upload.

11 weeks and 5 days post op update.

Well what can I say I'm feeling great. Went out yachting with fru ends and family and had an amazing time. Here are my updates: I sleep with no CG feels amazing but I wear it for work or when I go out since I had lipo and have some swelling on my back. I don't get the sensation to stretch my torso as much. I dont have that hardness feel like pressure on my upper torso. I started my T25 workout (modified for now) and boy did my body ache but the good kind no pain. My scar is healing good just wish the middle portion thins out soon. As for my bb it's doing just fine no complains and have to be patient. I can wait til the ring around it disappear. Well that all for now here are my pics.

Almost 14 weeks this Thursday.

What can I say I have been spinning now for almost a month now and it's feels pretty normal, with No swelling after. I've started weight train and it felt amazing to get back into it. Yesterday I worked out for 2 hours and no pain what so ever. I just listened to my body. Although I'm not suppose to do any about workout but I just did tried it gently and slow and it wasn't bad at all. I just need to work myself up. Here are my photo update for this week.

14 weeks pics

Photo comparison.

Everyday I feel better with no regrets especially after seeing before and after pics. Im now doing weights, Spinning and TRX, T25 put taking it very slow on abs. I cant do planks, push up, or burpees yet. Coughing and sneezing is not so bad. Im really focusing on my arms i really want ro get them fit and toned. I pretty much sleep in every postion comfortably. Happy healing to all Selfies!

Almost 4 months

Almost 4 moths and feeling great! Went to the gym and really worked out hard with the exception of heavy ab workout. Monday: upper body weight trained.
Tuesday: itheory (Jogged 3 miles mixed with leggs exercise) then went back later that night for Spin class.
Wednesday: Rested , every much needed i was exstremly SORE!
Thursday: Back to itheroy but indoors. Oh boy! consisted of Steps, TRX, and Kettle training.
Friday: Spin class
OMG my calfs are on FIRE! It's been like 15 years I havent done Steps but I welcome the soreness and I love it! Its so great to be back on track i rwally needed this but I'm wondering did any of you lost weight after surgery and then as weeks goes buy you start gaining I mean i dont notice the weight gain at all. Could it be that we lost some muscle and then gained it back as we becomr more active? I'm really hoping thats the case. Well here are my updated phoyos at almost 4 months. Happy healing all you Realselfies!

5 month update

Well its been 5 months now since surgery and I'm feeling ptetty much normal. I've been going to my spinning classes 4 to times a week, weight train twice a week. I've been getting back into my ab workouts little by little as im feeling they are getting stronger. I try to listen to my body and wont bush myself if it feels uncomfortable or pain. But so far its been great. Here are some updated pics. Happy healing!
Miami Beach Plastic Surgeon

I had my Tummy Tuck and full back lipo with Lagrasso and very satisfied with my results so far. He's very professional and very easy to talk to. I would definitely recommend him.