4 1/2 Months Post-Op, New Pics #teamghurani

Hello all! I've been stalking this site for a...

Hello all! I've been stalking this site for a couple months now - I figured it was time to open a profile and start sharing my experience. Hopefully I can be a help to someone, just as so many of you have helped me.

I am 30 years old and for every milestone birthday, I decide to do big things during the year. I've always been unhappy with my derriere and since I'm finally financially able to do something about it, I decided that this would be my year to get my donk underway!

After several consultations with different doctors, I've paid my down payment and am definitely going with Dr. Ghurani for my BBL. He was very easy to talk to and like many others have said, he took his time to explain things to me and answer all of my questions. He said that the shape I want is definitely possible and that I should have outstanding results. He doesn't have many patients on this site with post-op pictures, but from the ones I have seen and after talking to him, I am confident that I will get my desired results. I just feel good about him...I'm praying that I'm right!

Asscertain, when is your date in July? I'm scheduled for the 3rd

Hi there, welcome and thanks so much for sharing your journey with us.

Have you had a consultation and set a date yet for your surgery? Please do keep us updated with your progress!

Yes and yes...it will be in July!

Pre-op pics posted. So glad to see some other...

Pre-op pics posted. So glad to see some other women who've have their BBL done by him. I was getting a little apprehensive, but overall, I'm still happy about my choice to choose him. Any other Ghurani girls during the week of July 7th?

I'm also with Ghurani. Ready for my BBL already. How's your planning going?
Sorry about the late response! Planning is going well...I'm just a worry wart and I get a little anxious when all of the little things don't line up the way they should. What about you? When is your surgery?
Team Ghurani also boo! Good luck! Do you know of anybody else going around June?

Question for Post-op BBL Ladies Regarding Clothing Sizes

So as most warm-bodied women know, the Victoria's Secret Semi-Annual sale is happening now and I like to stock up on bras and panties during this time. I almost went on a spree yesterday, but then I got to thinking that my body (and possibly sizes) will change dramatically after surgery and I don't want to spend a lot of money and be stuck with undergarments that I can't use, especially with my surgery about two weeks away. Post-op ladies, how drastic did your clothing/undergarment sizes change after surgery?

I know everyone's body is different, but just speaking for yourself, what was the change? A size or two? Share examples, please!

Your day is coming!!!! You have to keep me posted, I will be out there until the 16th! Where are you staying after surgery? Also what website did you order the dresses if you dont mind? Im always looking for new sites online. thanks
i had surgery two weeks ago, before surgery i went on a shopping spree, i bought so many skirts and dresses. now all of them are too big. i am so angry! because i bought them online from a British site and i only had two weeks to return anything, that time has long pass. my advice WAIT
Thanks for the advice. How many sizes would you say you've gone down in clothes? Two or three? And what about undergarments? I know the cup size in bras probably won't change, but what about the number?

2 Days Post Op -Feeling Pretty Good #teamghurani

Surgery is over and I have to say that the pain is not what I thought it would be. I'm sore and swollen, yes. But I don't feel like I've been hit by a truck like so many other people described. I will consider myself blessed! It's not easy, but definitely doable.
I'm having trouble uploading pics...will do so when I can

Glad to hear the pain is bearable. Praying that you continue to be at ease. Have a fast, but safe recovery. Can't wait to see the new you!!!
So great to hear how well you pulled through! I love Dr. G's work! I had my BBL on Tuesday...recovery going very well. Happy Healing!

Day 1

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Day 2

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Day 3

can u update w/pics plz? u look great by the way
Sure
Hi there, u look marvelous..how many ccs u got? did he transferred fat to ur hips?..happy healing!

Two Weeks Post-Op

Hey, sorry I haven't updated much...I'm really not much of a talker and I've been sleep so much since the surgery. But here is a little info:

My results so far have been amazing! My stomach has never been this flat and my butt has never looked more delicious. It's almost too delicious, to tell you the truth. My body is banging!

The hardest parts of this whole process were 1) getting used to that freaking stage 2 garment (it was tight as hell and soooo uncomfortable - the first two days in that garment were the only times I had trouble sleeping and the only time I cried. It was hell.) and 2) getting that frigging front drain removed. Ouch! Ouch! OUCH!!! THAT son of a ***** is no joke! It burns like hell and I felt like someone was pulling a knife out of me. No bueno!

The plane ride home was kinda worrisome for me. You have to sit on the boppy during take-off and landing and my plan was to stand in between, but that didn't work out too well. We kept having turbulence and whenever that seat belt sign came on, the stewardess made me sit. I am hoping and praying that all of that prolonged sitting won't ruin my results.

Dr. Ghurani himself is awesome. He's very informative and whenever I talked to him, I felt like he always took his time with me to make sure we were on the same page. Great man. On the other hand, I feel like some of the office staff could use a tune up. Not all of them - a couple of the ladies were very nice, but I feel like throughout this entire process there were several times where I was told one thing and then another would happen or I didn't get responses to emails or phone calls. No consistency or reliability. And I also remember being in the waiting area and hearing ladies at the front desk talk about some of the patients. NOT okay and totally unprofessional.

*Random thought* One more thing - one thing I wish I'd brought with me is a boppy pillow cover. The one they give you doesn't come with one and it got filthy from the airport ride alone. As soon as I landed, I went to Target and bought one.

You look great! If you don't mind me asking - what is your height and how much did you weigh pre-op? Did you do before and after measurements? Your pre-op body shape is similar to mine (except you are much leaner than I am pre-op) and seeing your after pics gives me hope!!!
Same doc btw....
Wow u really look amazing!!! My date is 10/2....can't wait :) any CG tips?

A little over 9 weeks in...

Hi Everyone! I'm a jerk for not updating sooner. I'll try to do better. I find myself catching up on things that I couldn't do for those weeks that I couldn't do much after surgery. Anyway, overall I am still very pleased with my results. Like others have said, some days my behind look ridiculously big, and other days it just looks like a regular butt. But the cool thing is that because of the shape Dr. G gave me, I can dress to either play it up or play it down. If I want to show my butt off, I wear something tight. If I don't (like around family and/or other people I didn't tell about the surgery) I can wear something slightly loose and it's not very obvious. People have just been saying that I look like I've been working out and have been commenting on my smaller waist.

I am fully sitting now and have been for a couple of weeks. I haven't really kept up with measurements, pre-op or post, but I did measure myself once (around 5 weeks post op) and my measurements were 34-29-44.

My only complaint at this point is the swelling where I had lipo. I wish it would just go away! I still wear a garment for most of the day, but sometimes it gets too uncomfortable and I take it off for a little while and the swelling is still there. My stomach is still hard. I will be so glad when that goes away.

As far as garments go, I started in an extra large right out of surgery, moved into a large before I left Aventura, and then went into a medium squeem, and then a small squeem. I stopped at the small. I know that they say to go down a size when the garment becomes comfortable, but....to each his/her own, but I think that some women's waists start to look unnatural when they go into too small of a size. My whole objective in having this surgery was to have a bigger butt and nicer shape, but more importantly, I wanted it all to look natural. I think I achieved that and going any smaller would've raised some eyebrows.

I started working out at the 8 week mark and I feel like that helps with the swelling somewhat. I'm addicted to squats...I aint messing up this investment for nothing!

I love your results. Your body type is a bit similar to mine as well. This is why I chose Ghurani. His results look totally natural. Any reabsorption issues?
No reabsorption issues whatsoever! If anything, my butt looks bigger as time goes on. At first I didn't think the change was very noticeable. Now, people are starting to do double takes and make comments.
Great! Thank you for responding. I've since had my surgery and look at your blog a lot. I'm hoping for similar long term results.

4 1/2 Months Post-Op

Not much has changed since my last update, but I decided to add new pics anyway. I'm still wearing my garments to keep down the swelling. I'm not swelling up as much as before - not even close - but I do notice a little swelling when I've had my garment off for a good amount of time and I don't like the feeling of it. My waist has gotten slimmer but my butt size remains the same, and I think that this is what is making my butt more noticeable than before. It seems like the more time that passes, the more people notice it. People that I've been around since I first had the procedure didn't really notice anything until maybe the last two months or so. So it's true, there's no hiding this procedure! But I wouldn't change a thing and I'd do it all over again if I woke up one day and my butt had magically disappeared. I'm so happy with the results, and even with the little imperfections I've started to notice, they make it look that much more natural.

Hey hun. Were you able to get in touch?
No. I sent a message just to confirm that it was, in fact, him but it's been a few days and no response. :-\
You look amazing dr. He is in a zone, I feel you on the garment I wore mine the whole 6 months as Dr Salama told me
Miami Plastic Surgeon