11 Days Post Op- BBL & Extra Lipo by Dr. Salama in Aventure, FL on 12-15-14

I am a 41 year old mother with one son. Finally,...

I am a 41 year old mother with one son. Finally, doing something for me. I wanted to get this procedure done a few years ago, but financially it never worked out for me. I am looking forward to getting an awesome body and regaining my confidence. I finally got married last year, but I just hated how I looked in my wedding dress. The best day of my life and no matter how hard I worked out I just couldn't get my body back. I had a beautiful dress but I wasn't pleased with myself in my wedding pictures. I'm even to embarrassed to wear any type of bathing suit... and I love the ocean and going swimming but I won't but on a swim suit without a cover up or long t-shirt.
Anyway, after a few years of research and stocking this website I finally booked my BBL with Dr. Salama in January 2014. I'm scheduled for my BBL procedure on Dec. 12, 2014. I will also be getting extra lipo done to my inner & outer thighs and to my disgusting bat wings (arms). LOL

My Before Pictures (Age: 41, 5'9 and 156 pounds)

My BBL and Lipo is schedule for Dec. 12, 2014 (a month before my 42 birthday) ! I'm getting so excited and very nervous to be 41 and going under the knife. UGH
I can't wait to post my after pic's in December.

My day is fast approaching...Dec. 12

I'm having all the same emotions as my BBL sisters on here. Getting very scared, worried, Excited and nervous.... ugh
Still trying to confirm where I will be staying during my time in Aventura. My husband will only be with me for first few days. Not sure if I should be alone the last four days of recovery. Ugh...
Any ladies have tips on where to stay? Where do I get the clips to hold the drains up on garment?
Any advice, tips on the procedure or what to bring???
I have read so many blogs on this site with great information and insight...i should be prepared but I guess my nerves are just starting to get the best of me. Lol

Dr. Salama's Awesome Team

I received my surgery packet last week from Karen, she's been great and sweet to address all my questions and concerns. I'm allergic to Gluten, which is known as Celiac Disease, so I had to grab gluten free iron pills and vitamin c pills. You would be surprised to learn how much stuff has gluten it... its crazy.
I have also been bugging Nancy with questions.... and as all the ladies on here know, she is very sweet and so informative as well. Nancy was my first point of contact back in October of 2013 when I started to inquire on Dr. Salama's skill and availability. The customer service and professionalism of Dr. S staff has been awesome and that became my ultimate deciding factor to choose Dr. Salama over Dr. Jimmerson here in Atlanta.
It would have been easier to stay close to home and go to Atlanta with Dr. J who has great skill in BBL (his work is awesome) but the reviews I read on his staff, their customer service, and their after care was just horrible. I didn't want to worry about that after paying all this money to get this procedure done and then to be ignored or treated poorly after they have your money. Your going thru enough when recovering, I don't need to deal with anything else. :)

15 Days until I'm Salamafied Ladies!!! ????

Ok.. I've been taking my Vit C pills and Iron daily... has anyone had trouble with constipation while on the iron??? I was taking the Hema-Plex with 85mg of elemental iron, a natural pill and those had my energy levels on high but the constipation and bloating was unbearable so I switched to the liquid iron, Floravital, it is non-constipating and gluten free but my energy level isn't as high as the other.
What has been everyone's experiences?

Dec. 11, 2014 - Pre-Op Appt.

Hubby and I landed in Ft. Lauderdale airport. We rented a nice Santa Fa SUV from Ace for a great price.
Arrived at Dr. S office in Aventura and signed a bunch of papers. Please read your paperwork ladies before signing. There's been questions about Dr. S carrying malpractice insurance. He does not and that is one of the papers you sign. He is sooooo GREAT at what he does, why would he? ???? I'm sure he carries a type of insurance to protect himself and his business. If you visit this website: www.floridahealthfindings.gov then go to locate facility... type in Elite, you will see all of his history, credentials, and info. You can also call 877-425-8852 to get info. On FL doctors.
We meet with Nomi at 2pm and reviewed everything for surgery. I was scheduled for first surgery of day at 7am on Dec. 12.

Dec. 12, 14- My day has arrived

Arrived at Dr. S surgery center in Hallandale, FL at 6:50am. Hubby & I met with Dr. Salama & the anesthesiologist for about 45mins. We reviewed my medical history, we got to asked questions and discussed potential concerns & side effects of surgery... then I got marked up ladies. :)
Told Dr. S I didn't have wish pic's because I trusted his judgment with regards to size and shape of booty. I also expressed all of my concerns with the additional lipo areas I wanted done and I was sooooo looking forward to him sucking out the fat. LOL.
The anesthesiologist lets you pick between demerol and morphine. I chose demerol.
My hubby told me that I woke up from surgery laughing. I was sore, stiff, uncomfortable, and swollen but I woke up in good spirits and excited. (Not going to lie ladies... I was very nervous going under....) The last thing I remember before falling asleep was seeing everyone in surgery room but Dr. Salaam. I freaked out a little and said we can't start until Dr. S comes in. Then I was saying who is that and I only want Dr. S to do my surgery. LOL... then I was out like a light. Hubby said I was in there for about 2 - 2 1/2 hrs.

One Days Post Op Pic's

Trying to catch up on my post ladies. These pictures are the day after surgery. Hubby washed me up and my bloody garment before meeting with Dr. S at his Aventura office for a quick day after surgery follow-up and to check my incisions. I also received my arm garment today.
Shower was ruff the first 4 days. I would get light headed from just taking garments off. I basically would stand in shower with no water running so he could very gently wash me. Your body is tight, hard and the skin is very sensitive to touch and water.
When I took off my garment ladies.... I wanted to cry tears of joy. OH MY... I haven't had curves like this in many years. Dr. S..... he is just soooooo skilled and talented at his craft. I couldn't stop thanking him.
Sleeping is crazy, very hard to get comfy. I've tried several positions with pillows and poppy. I drank lots of bolted Gatorade and water like advised so I was up every hour walking around with the help of my hubby. You don't get much sleep but I felt pretty good.
Have to tell you ladies, I'm blessed to have had my husband with me the whole time here. You can't do it alone. He was wore out by 7pm every night but as soon as he heard me moving around or moaning, he was in my room waiting on me hand and foot.

6 Days Post Op - Healing well. Every Day DOES Get Better

These pic's were taken after my 2nd massage with the gentle and sweet Elaine (name maybe spelled wrong. I apologize). My FIRST massage was on Monday, Dec. 15, YES it hurt... OMG, I was prepared but I could not stop shaking, eyes kept watering, and I just let the moans out. (I was doing good with all the pain & discomfort up to that first massage. OUCH. My hubby came back and knocked on door. He said he heard me from the waiting room. (I was a little embarrassed). I kept apologizing and felt horrible. Elaine was so sweet and took her time and would prepare me to take my deep breaths. Now the 2nd massage (was 6 days post op) on Wednesday, Dec. 17, but I did handle this time around MUCH better. Plus some of my swelling and bruising was down. LOL
Loving my arms. What a huge difference.... NO more bat wings ladies. Yea man, I'm so overjoyed.
Just can't believe this is me, my body, and my fresh start. I'm looking forward to toning up & eating right so I can wear a bikini in 2015...
1,200cc's put into each cheek & 4,000cc's of FAT taken out of my body. UGH that fat sounds soooo disgusting.
Hubby making sure I'm eating right and drinking plenty of water and Gatorade.
Swelling in both hands, knees and around the Kitty Kat, cuz he goes in through the side of your bikini line to do inner thighs. Bruising has gone done some and I've been more mobile walking around the courtyard and beach with my hubby.
I have been taking Arnica Montana pills for muscle soreness and bruising. I started taking these about 2 weeks before surgery. I have also been rubbing my body down with Arnica gel. It is soothing and helps with swelling, bruising and stiffness.
I've been using an antibacterial soap from the Herb shop, it has kept my skin hydrated enough to where I haven't been itchy yet. (crossing fingers) I will have to look up the name.

7 Days Post Op with no Garments or foam on

Took a view pictures in clothes with no garment or foam on before catching my flight. I flew home with front drain still in. Flight was about 2 hours. long and I was able to stand in back of plane during most of it.

9 Days Post Op- Took front Drain out today

Since I finally went a full 48 hours with drainage less than 24cc's I was able to remove my front drain on own. I actually had my husband do it while I laid down on my poppy pillow. I took a couple of pain pills 30 minutes prior to removing it. It did burn a little but so glad its out. My husband actually did a great job removing it... he was gentle. I luv my honey. ????
The drain is pretty long, see attached pic's.

Pictures of front drain

Pictures of where we stayed

We stayed about 5 mins. from Dr.Salama's surgery center and 10 mins. from his main office.
It was clean and a very nice & relaxing place. It had a courtyard, pool, gym, store and it was on the beach. Great for my daily walks to start my healing process & perfect spot to heal. There was also a washer & dryer on each floor which was across from our room. That came in handy.

10 Days Post Op- 4th Massage @ Home

Had my 4th massage today. Found a nice lady, Deb, who worls for a plastic surgeon and does his patients massages.... Did I luck out or what. ????
Massage went better because my bruising and swelling keeps going down. I finished the antibiotics yesterday. Still taking Vit. C pills, Iron, and Arnica pills. I am also still using the Arnica soothing gel on all my hard, swollen, & bruised spots.
Forgot to take pic's today but really no big changes. I'll post more pic's when I'm two weeks out.
MERRY CHRISTMAS & HAPPY NEW YEAR BBL SISTERS. ????
Miami Plastic Surgeon

Working with Nancy and the other ladies so far has been WONDERFUL. I reside in Georgia so working with such a great team of ladies in his office has made me feel even better about my decision. So far his staff has provided great customer service and they have been very patient in answering any questions I have. I was contemplating going to Dr. Jimmerson in Atlanta since he is closer to me, but all the negative reviews I have read & heard about regarding his staff and their HORRIBLE customer service and his very high pricing... it just made more sense to go too Dr. Salama, someone who cares, does GREAT work on all his patients and seems to be up front & honest with his patients.