It's Taken Me This Long to Get Past my Uneven Facelift - Manhattan, NY

I went to Dr. M. Verga thru a recommendation of a...

I went to Dr. M. Verga thru a recommendation of a Plastic Surgery "Consultant". He seemed professional and seemed to listen to my concerns.... I liked the idea that he prided himself on the fact that he did NOT need to use drains on my face after surgery due to his training and experience... Good right??? Big mistake! He may be skilled to operate "quickly" and perhaps efficiently, but his results we poor and uneven. The scars around my ears are horrible! The scars at the back of my neck and hairline although neatly stitched.. are poorly placed, and my neck and chin are less smooth after surgery than before. My face has lost it's symmetry, my cheeks were uneven, and I looked more attractive before surgery! My private nightmare!!!!! The most upsetting reality about all of this is that Dr. Verga continued to "explain" why I look this way as though my facial tissues and bone structure "made" this happen.... He is full of excuses and reasons why... In the meantime, I was devastated and covered one side of my face at all times! He said he saw that I was upset, and would try to adjust what (I felt) was bothering me... Imagine going back into surgery for more of his technique... No way! He continued to inform me of his expertise in facelifts and all other surgeries, and I knew then that I had to find a surgeon to "fix" my disaster. It has taken me all this time to be able to write this experience... I have since had my face re-done. I had to go to a few top notch NYC Plastic Surgeons to find one willing to "fix" this disaster. All of the Dr.'s said the same thing... Who did this, I need to see the operating report. Your face appears toooo large. Was you're face this asymmetrical prior to surgery? Scary huh??? My reality!
And from what I understand... I was not the first or last disaster. Stay away! Nothing is worth going thru what I have just shared you....
New York Plastic Surgeon

Dr. M. Verga is more interested in talking about himself than listening to the needs of his patients and his results reflect this.

Who did the revision facelift that you are now pleased with?
I went to him for a consult and he showed me Debra Harry's picture before, he did her he told me....I almost went to him, instead I chose someone else and I chose someone even worse!! So now, I am in a really bad situation.....
Ooooo gosh!! He showed me her photo as well saying he re-did her.. Hes sooo full of himself! she lloks great now, I believe she has had a re-do since Dr. V. How long since surgery? Have u gone for PS consults? As difficult as it is to go... It helps with handling the mental stress.
Update
So sorry to know your bad experience with your surgery. I'm going through a similar situation. Horrible scars around my ears, jowls are not defined, the neck is sagged, a dent on each side of my face, on the right side is more noticeable and I need to cover my face with my hair at all times. My PS said that my face was like this. Of course not. On top of everything I have these lumps inside my skin in many parts of my face. My PS told me that they could be stiches and they would resolved with time. It's been almost a year and they're still there as well as the other issues. Hoping to find a PS who can help me with all this issues. Good luck to you.
Thanks for reply. I know it's very difficult... although I don't cover my face completely anymore, I am still self conscious about my left side. It's not easy to get past the mental trauma. At least you're at year the mark and will be able to have revision surgery if you choose to.... I know it takes time to get there... Good luck!
Hello! I am so very glad that you consulted with other surgeons who obviously agreed with your assessment of Dr.Verga. Good for you, you must feel so relieved. In my case, Toronto is still a bit suburban, and I found doctors slow to comment on my particular issue, despite left eyelid drooping and mouth at 45 degrees! They were very guarded yo say the lease. Almost like 'the boys' club'. I will have work done in future, but probably in the US, having noted the great results on Real Self. Thanks to you for sharing, and all the best. Catherine in Toronto
Hiiii .. Thanks for your reply... yes, I understand what you mean by "The boys club" sooo true... however, I think the few that inquired were willing to "re-do" and try to fix my face. It's been a nightmare! Please continue to see PS for consults.. Although time consuming... It helps, and gave me hope... Good Luck!!!!

Thank you for sharing your experience on RealSelf! I hope you find some good support from others here in the Facelift community.

Anglemcc, Thank-you! Yes, I have. Just reading and familiarizing myself with some others in facelift community has helped me to have the courage to post my review....