Invisalign More Trouble Than It's Worth - Australia

I was told my Invisalign would take 12-15 months...

I was told my Invisalign would take 12-15 months however it's been 17months and I'm only half way.

I was initially only concerned about one of my teeth which did not fit in due to overcrowding but was convinced to buy Invisalign for both top and bottom teeth. At the moment I currently have a row of brackets on four teeth, Invisalign for top and bottom, buttons on numerous teeth and am required to wear 2 rubber bands on my teeth. One rubber band goes from the top tooth to the bottom, making it very difficult when speaking as I can't open my mouth very wide.

Orthodonists aren't concerned about personal comfort they only care that teeth are exactly straight and perfect. Some of my Invisalign also don't fit properly due to my braces and yet I am still required to wear them, but because they don't fit properly it makes me talk differently and people often can't understand what I'm saying.

My Invisalign treatment was very poorly managed. If possible you should get your Invisalgn made in batches (not all at once), because if something goes wrong then all your other Invisalign won't fit. It is supposed to be quicker than braces but my treatment will last at least 2 years and possibly much longer. I am currently thinking if I should even bother. I originally went for Invisalign because I didn't want it to be obvious but it is sometimes very obvious. In my current Invisalign the top sticks out and looks ridiculous because it doesn't fit properly.

Ironically the brackets that they fit on my teeth has shifted the tooth that I was most worried about in the first place. I probably could have gotten away with something like that and skipped the Invisalign alltogether but they never told me about that.

Oh dear, this sounds horrible. I think I have a rotated tooth like yours (see profile pic). After 20 trays they stopped fitting and the ortho ignored my concerns and kept me wearing 7 trays that didn't fid. My k-9 (or fang as I call it) completely twisted back to where it was originally after 27 trays and 14 months of treatment. I've now just been given another 41 trays!!! That will be 2.69 years from start to finish! I seriously wouldn't have done Invisalign if I'd known that.
Your situation sounds just so disheartening, @Astrodog21.  I saw that you've submitted a review, so I can't wait till it gets posted and I can read your story more in-depth.
Wow! What a worry, I'm going through duncan orthodontics at Norwood because I've spoken to a few ppl going through there and they are really happy. Just got my first trays today I've been told 15months and refinements. Might invest in acceledent though to hurry the process along!
Duncan Orthodontics

The Orthodonist Didn't explain all the things that could go wrong . He only spends about 2 minutes with me each visit and doesn't listen to any of my concerns (he has no time) The practice only has 1 orthodonist for 3 sites. Also they are very poor organisers and frequently forget why I have even come in for an appt, they are simply too busy to handle the number of clients they have.