41yr Old, 6ft and Finally Getting a Booty

Hi All - I am booked for a buttock augmentation...

Hi All - I am booked for a buttock augmentation with Dr Briggs using 360cc Silimed implants in one week (6 August 2014). My initial research was based around going to Thailand for the procedure and combining it with other things. One of my concerns, apart from trying to vet Dr's from afar, was the fact that they recommend 3 weeks before you can fly and then it's 7 hours flight to get back. So, as I said, Dr Briggs and local it is. So far, Dr Briggs has been great. We discussed the fact that Silimed really is the only supplier left in Australia for implants and they only go as high as 360cc. Shoving the implants down my jeans is no doubt far from ideal but it did give me a feel for what the end result would be (lets face it - some projection is better than the pancake I currently drag round behind me). Dr Briggs has kept up to date with all of the latest procedures and seemed both relaxed and knowledgeable with all of my questions (and yes, I bombarded the poor man). The procedure will take about 2-3 hours and the incision is placed where you wear your g-string strap at the back. You wear a normal pair when you go in so he can ensure that he hides the incision. I discussed the need for Hydrocholloid Dressing's and whether I should purchase these but was advised that Dr Briggs uses a form of glue to close the incision to accomplish the same result. I may still get a couple anyway. Anyways, if anyone has any questions please don't hesitate to ask. I will update this post as we go through the process. The countdown has begun ;P

Post Op (6 hours)

So it's been 6 hours now since the operation. I'll try to be logical and methodical in this review:

1) Hospital. Nursing staff (all bar one) are atrocious. Shout out here to nurse Jenny who has been an absolute sweetheart though. I have had to prompt every one of the others with such logical things as 'should we take my skins to theatre - I think we will need them' or I'm 6 ft and my feet are so far up against the bed end my knees are bent - 'do you think we should extend the bed...', I had to ask them to close the toilet door even. I really dislike having to think for someone else in this kind of a situation.
2) Anaesthetist was Dr Craig Smith. Great bedside manner and open to my requests. I clearly stated 'no endone' and whilst he denoted I may need it for the pain, he has complied. Thumbs up to Dr Smith =)
3) Plastic Surgeon. Dr Briggs was great. Marked me up, checked if I had any questions and updated me that things went well when I woke. Will update further on him when I see him next (and when I see his work!)
4) Pain. Ok so realistically I'm probably full of an absolute concoction of chemicals at the moment so I have no pain. I also have a high pain tolerance so I will update this later too.

And in a nutshell - there's post #1 =)

Post # 2

Ok so this is the second post op update and realistically I'm feeling great. As per my first post I'll try to cover things in an easy to follow manner.

1) Pain. Honestly? None. There has been consistent discomfort obviously due to the stretching of the muscle (the implants are intramuscular). I am sleeping on my stomach mostly and when I get uncomfortable I put pillows under my thighs and lower back and lay on my back.
2) Mobility. I've tried to be as mobile as possible (within reason) and have washed the dishes, done some clothes washing (help needed with loading of course!) and just generally pottered round the house.
3) Bathroom breaks. Well these have been interesting to say the least. I'm currently continuing what nurse Jenny implemented i.e. peeing into a jar while standing. It's great in that I don't have to bend, I don't have to part my legs far and I don't get it anywhere but where it should be. On the flip side, I hadn't had a bowel movement since the night before the operation. This had me a little concerned so today I started eating some dried apricots and put some Metamucil in my coffee. It worked a treat and I went three times (quite normally) today. This has proven a little hard logistics wise as I have sort of limbo positioned over the toilet and hung on to the wall. Sounds awful and I'm hoping that I can work out a better way but this is a real story, and that's what I'm really doing. Rather than risk an infection by wiping I've been using a handheld shower to wash after each bathroom visit.
3) Results and Surgeon. This bit I saved for last because I have yet to have my follow up with the Dr. That being said, to date he has been great. He's answered all questions, had a great bedside manner and been honest to the point of doing himself out of extra money for procedures I also wanted done but which would not have given the desired results. Now on results. I am swollen and feeling not the most attractive I ever have but will load some after shots tomorrow.

Hope that this is helpful for someone else. Talk again tomorrow =)

Post # 3

Apologies that I have yet to load pictures but will rectify this asap. Just a quick catch-up on progress:

1) Post Op Review. I went to Dr Briggs for my post op review and he was really happy with how I was healing and the results. It was a quick meeting as is expected but as always, he cheerfully answered the questions I remembered to ask. Unfortunately I still have tape across my buttocks to hold them together and stop the incision from stretching at all. I've been putting paw-paw cream down my buttocks (I know it sounds greasy!) and it has kept the stitches clean and moisturised, as well as its antibacterial properties. The stitches are dissolvable so eventually they will just not be there (yay).
2) Pain or discomfort. I am getting around almost like normal apart from being able to bend over properly (I'm scared of stretching the stitches). There is no swelling so I'm considering stopping wearing the compression pants. Has anyone else stopped wearing them after a week and a half? I'm dying to put on a pair of jeans and feel normal again!

Post # 4

I am an awful blogger. Its official. I'm now wearing normal clothes, back to normal and only just remembered I hadn't updated the post op with pictures. I will endeavour to take a couple more in clothes and maybe bending over so you can see that you can't see the implants. It really has capped off the Barbie body look. Its almost like they should suggest doing breast aug & butt aug as going together (although on thinking on this it would mean more Dr's need to learn the butt aug). Ignore that first comment then ;P
Australia Plastic Surgeon