38 Yr Old Removed 330cl Gummies Under Muscle After Ten Months - Australia, AU

I have been stalking these reviews for a few...

I have been stalking these reviews for a few months now and had my 330cl cohesive gel implants removed at around 9am this morning under general anaesthetic.

I will write more about my background and motivation soon but I just wanted reassure anyone with surgery coming up that I am astounded at how good I feel. The procedure was easy, I got to go home quickly and, several hours out, I'm still not feeling like I need any pain medication.

I was so scared this morning but really it was straight-forward. I haven't seen under the bandage yet but in my top I can tell I'm back to a frame shape that suits me and I'm used to. I'm bracing myself for disappointment but already I am so happy I did this. The boobs are in a sealed container. I haven't looked at them yet but my husband and I both lifted it and commented how heavy they seem.

I've had a look now :)

I kept the bandage on for as long as I could bear but it was starting to fall off this morning. Throughout yesterday I was having little peeks from the top, saw a slightly sad looking nipple gradually look like it was unshrivelling over the course of the day. I had a pretty good night's sleep with panedol so figured I may as well just go for it, take the bandage off and swap to a compression bra.

Anyway, I'm happy. My breasts look flatter and a little bit more saggy than they did pre-implant but I'm only on my second day out. I was fortunate to come through 4.5 years of breast feeding as I did and now, even if they are a bit worse than before, they just look like normal, everyday, slightly duffed up by two wonderful kids, boobs. If this is how they stay, they feel wonderful and that's really making a huge difference to me. They are soft, not hard, heavy balls on my chest and they are all me. I hated the muscle interaction with the implants - even just opening a jar or putting a pen lid on. I'm looking forward to playing soccer and not worrying about rupturing...and there's always padded bras, without needing to stitch the padding into my body!

I may put photos up over time to help people like this forum has helped me but right now I'm taking it at my pace. Besides, if I have learnt one thing from this experience it's that it's less about the reality of how you actually look and more about your own perception of it.

Downton Abbey - good recovery viewing

All the women are incredibly flat chested and really quite stunning!

All good here. No need for pain killers. Had a bit of a cry this morning about nothing in particular so think that's an anaesthetic thing. I slept so well last night it was wonderful. I've said elsewhere in a comment that I love how my breastbone feels again now.

I'm a little funked about how they might look in the long run. I'll be bummed if they end up a lot smaller than they were before but they do seem to have plumped a little. I'm not going to overthink it. All in I feel like a huge weight has lifted and I am so relieved to be implant free. This was a good decision.

Hope everyone else is healing up well.

Where has my review and updates gone?

Oh well....
Things are going brilliantly. I love the way my boobs look. At the moment they are smaller than pre-implants but they are a nicer shape so I may fill out or I may stay as is but it's win-win.

The best thing though is that I know this one next year I will barely be giving them a second thought. I know that wouldn't be the case if I'd kept the implants.

Plumping up nicely

I think I'm pretty much back to pre-aug size. I'm happy!

Two months out

RS just ate my post but sometimes they've popped up a few days later so I won't repeat myself.

Just saying that I've plumped back out nicely. The day of explant I was totally deflated and saggy. Honestly - flat as a pancake, almost indented. This is me today in a sports bra with slim modesty protectors.

Grrr! Third time lucky

For those feeling anxious

I'm conscious that a lot of us come in here and post a whole load of stuff when we are feeling very emotional, going through the decision process but then write a line under it and never return to share the emotional recovery. I know that when I was in the rough of it, reading people's pain only served to increase my anxiety and I have left a trail on here that doesn't necessarily represent the reality. I wanted to post this - an excerpt from my recent PM to someone - to try to balance the picture:
"Firstly I want to be clear that I don't think the implants hurt me. At least not in the way that a lot of people think they do. I think they became a focus for anxiety, partly by winding myself up reading sites about implant harm but mainly because I was never particularly comfortable with my decision to implant in the first place and was just trying to suppress that unease and get on with it.

I do think that we are all different and, just like how some people's bodies reject piercings, others will tolerate implants less well than others. Rather than the silicone poisoning me, I just believe that I was burning too much energy trying to accommodate something my body didn't want and that was laying me low.

I think people underestimate how hard it is for some to process such a significant change to the look and feel of their body, plus the fairly odd concept of a foreign item in there. I believe this causes a lot more emotional and psychological issues than the surgeons credit (and anyway, once down that line it's easy to be written off as crazy).

Also, I have back issues; an old whiplash injury and sciatica from hip separation with my first child. These are manageable but flair up from time to time. I believe that carrying the extra weight on my front was noticeably affecting my posture (I was slouching more) and putting my back out. Further as I was embarrassed by my breasts (which came up to my chin in a sports top!) I was less inclined to exercise and strengthen my core, which I've found crucial to supporting my lower back. The swollen lymph node turned out to be a perfectly normal size but was protruding because my neck muscle was swollen and pushing it out. The back issues have been confirmed by a doctor and physio, along with a trapped nerve which is giving me referred pain into my hands, left buttock and sometimes my feet. I have put two and two together in relating it back to my implants but it does stand to reason. Things have certainly improved since I had them out.

The key source of my anxiety though was a bad reaction to some medication (long story). Again, this has been confirmed by a doctor and neuropsych. As the effects of the medication wore off I travelled between periods of feeling totally back to my old self and then back into a fug of anxiousness and a low ebb. One thing became clear, that the feet and hand stuff is a lot worse during the periods of anxiety - I notice every little niggle and twinge a whole lot more then and I tend to think the worst of it to the point of driving myself up the wall with worry. I am 99.9% sure that, whilst I do have legitimate physical symptoms, they are only partly causing the issues I experience during the anxious times. I am pretty sure that the rest is psychosomatic and related to the anxiety itself."

PS

I feel really good now and have done for some time!

Recent photo

Perth Plastic Surgeon

I really like David. He listens to what you want, gives you plenty of time to consider options and does beautiful work. His facial work is excellent and he has done my eyes beautifully. I had no complaints about the breasts - they just weren't for me. He also does a lot of reconstructive surgery at our local children's hospital. I really like his values and trust him completely.