Hello RealSelf community! I've been lurking this site for so long it feels weird to actually show my presence haha I'm booked in to have my rhinoplasty on the 8th of April, so the countdown timer on my phone says that's 55 days :) I have quite a large dorsal hump, so I stringently avoid letting anyone see my profile, but I'm happy with my front (which I know is probably going to swell and look horrible after the procedure, I'm trying to be emotionally prepared for that!)
I just thought I'd share a little bit of my nose anxieties, because I remember thinking I was the only one who felt that way until I started reading the reviews on here (you know how it is, all your friends have pretty noses so they don't understand your concerns).
So here is a quick list of the situations where I specifically avoid showing anyone my profile:
- driving in the car (BIG one! I nearly start to cry when I realise people are looking in at my profile)
- talking to cute boys! (Another BIG issue! I try to never show them my profile, which results in me being awkward and walking backwards sometimes so they don't see it)
- three way mirrors. Gosh. Worst bathroom surprises ever.
- Ponytails I have to wear for work, but again I feel like crying when I catch my profile in the mirror accidentally)
- Photos in general (of me) are judged by me on how much of the bump I can see on my nose. If there's a slight bump, the photo gets deleted.
I hope some of you might empathise with those worries ^, and I hope you feel like you're not alone in them :) I'll update again just before my prodecure :) (EEEEE Excited!)
P.S Sorry that my photos aren't of my whole face, I have a weird thing about anonymity going on.
Hello RealSelf community! I've been lurking this...
Was this review helpful? 1 other found this helpful