Third Time Un-Lucky Nose Job - Philippines, PH

Im going to The philippines for my third nose...

Im going to The philippines for my third nose procedure and I will also have some fat reshaping of the face and lipo in the waist. I look forward to it. Im going to straight out my nose perhaps add some lift and length. Take some fat out of my cheeks and under my chin and put it in my cheekbone area.

before pictures

I hadn't had the chance to upload my before photos earlier

1 day post op

Around 15 days post op

The days before my nose looked horrible and beak like and I was very scared, anxious and upset. But the swelling is beginning to settle down and it is starting to look better. I suppose the tip extension would have suffered more swelling giving the illusion of a beak nose! Dr Collantes did allot of reconstructive work on my nose because my original deformed nose was not repaired properly by other surgeons, Dr Collantes has 30 years experience as a plastic surgeon and even more as an ENT doctor. She rounded 4 other surgeons to have my surgery happen quicker and more effectively, basically I cannot deny all the love and care she put into this surgery.

very unhappy, nothing like what I asked

Just over a month. Nose appears droopier than before. Tip appears even lower. Tip has been over refined. Every change that was promised to me was not fulfilled. I feel extremely depressed about the result and hopeless. I was given the very nose I outlined that I did not want. Three surgeons worked on me and one of them told me he refused my desires and decided to give me a nose he thought was good. He was very proud of himself. WTF!? Who does that? I am talking to the main surgeon for revision, but I'm worried, what if she goes ahead and again does something completely different to what I ask. Huge issue is finance and time. I don't want to live anymore. Im sick of this. Talking to a surgeon in mexico, he has created some beautiful noses (seems to know what is needed to reach my goal) but also has disfigured patients. It's a slippery slope to be on.

Running out of hope. Feeling unnatractive. How will I reach my goals and be who I know I am?

There's a good surgeon in Perth. He does what the patient wants, but his price is very high and I can't afford. Plastic surgeons should not be allowed to operate noses unless they are specialised in it.

Not so bad

Dr Corazon has offered a free revision. I think all the restructuring of my nose made the shape difficult to predict, as they had to open my nose and take everything out and put it back in. Still considering what they did, the swelling is minimal. I noticed all her patients coming in a day or two later with hardly any swelling and a little bandage. It was like visiting barbies plastic surgeon. Gosh this would be so much easier if I was just made out of plastic... *Melt* *Mould* *Melt* *Mould* GOD.. please give me a beautiful nose! After that... no more surgery for me I promise! (except maybe a face lift when I'm in my sixties!)

Initial dissapointment, however...

However properly straightening out my septum, the bone in my face and the columella, doing what the last two surgeons neglected to do, was a big procedure which took 3 hours on it's own and 3 surgeons. Instead of complaining that the operation didn't make me look how i want, I should just be grateful that I found a surgeon who would fix and add support to a collapsed nose. i expected too much from one operation. I highly regret my decision to have my first and especially my second operation with Dr Timothy Edwards. However I just did not think at that point, that I could handle surgery abroad, and I did not realize going abroad was my best option.

Dr Corazons reputation for excellence proceeds her, she has offered a revision free of charge. Instead of complaining and being whiny that I did not achieve my goal. I am going to be grateful that she did the best she could and worked hard to produce such a dramatic change, including fixing all the interior irregularities and for once.... giving me a very straight nose. I've been acting like a spoilt child and not realizing that she put so much of her own effort and expense into it to ensure I have a positive result.

My expectations were too high, my nose was collapsed! And the fact that I will be able to afford to have it revised means I'll be okay in the end. I'll just have to live with a nose that is just a little longer, droopier and refined than I would like and I know Dr will fix those thing's for me when I come back. For her post op care and the fact that she cares about the wellbeing of her clients and keeps in touch with me, I am thankful. I knew in my heart she is a good person, I felt an internal yes before I came to see her.

Shocking realisation.

Doctor Corazon was attempting to rebuild my natural nose to her best ability. Two operations (one led by body dysmorphia) led to a nose which was unproportional to my face. Does anybody else warp their nose in pictures and think it looks good? Doctor Corazon recognised that my nose was not in proportion and she was attempting to rebuild it. My ego didn't like that one bit. But after the initial shock phase, I realise, how much better it is. It just needs some tweaking. Wow. I am shocked! This must be why my intuition led me to her.

Overall happy

My nose appears shorter now so more balanced to my facial features. Im overall happy with the result. The doctor ignored my original request for a pig nose and gave me something more masculine, and im actually glad she did, the nose I wanted was a little too feminin. It's not perfect, but you have to understand that Dr Corozan rebuilt my nose from the ground up, she layed the foundation so to speak. Straightenned the bones, etc. Had rebuild allot of my nose with grafts etc. I'm overall happy with the result but I will go in for some revision, there is still allot of room for improvement and I kinda do want a more feminin nose, I mean, im a little bit of a feminin guy so why not? I don't think you need a perfect nose to be attractive anyway, I've never found someone attractive just because of their nose. If someone likes you, it's for you, not how you look. For all the people who are happy with their nose jobs im so happy for you. For those who are unhappy, please have hope and know that you do not need a perfect nose to be attractive, it really makes a minor difference unless your nose is really bad to begin with. This is an emotional journey and even spiritual, you face so many fears along the way, but it is character building. Maybe plastic surgery is bad to some? It really depends on the surgeon you see and their proper aesthetic judgement and procedure. My last surgeon bugged my nose up but that didn't make me an unattractive person, it just made me an attractive person with a slightly bugged up nose haha. I will post photos soon, x.

Okay...

I am hoping that I can accept my new nose. I am just suffering allot right now because I realise my nose after the first op was a perfect fit for my face. The collapsed button nose was my doing. I should have worked on my belief system before having surgery, but I was really dysmorphic back then. I know now about symmetry and proportion, for example more projection suits me because I have a deeper face, whereas before I sought a button nose because it looked good in photos. I was seeking perfection. I wanted to be barbies little brother. But plastic surgery can't acheive that. All it can do is offer slight improvements. Everyone is born different and unique and you should not seek to look like anyone else, only a better you. I hope my obsession with getting the perfect nose ends and I just learn to love myself. I already made a huge irreversible mistake as I looked so good after my first operation. But I did not even realise it until recently. Thank god I didn't have the money to feed my addiction sooner. Now I am seeking healing and therapy to overcome my immense feelings of being un-attractive and un-desireable. Perfectionism, Dis-content, body dysmorphia and plastic surgery addiction. These are all thing's which I was not ready to deal with before but I am ready to deal with them now as I am healing and they have really began to surface. I really had a nice nose and I ruined it because of body dysmorphia and perfectionism. My advice to people is that you are meant to be you. Don't try to be someone or something else. Guys with height and deeper faces aren't meant to have button noses. I realise that now. You can't ever see yourself as accurately as other people do and with plastic surgery psychological problems can make you make bad judgements. I also have to learn to stop picking at my imperfections and understand everybody has them. There will be allot of psychological work done in the next year as I heal. There is nothing more disturbing than realising you caused irreversible damage to a perfectly nice facial feature which was in proportion to the rest of your features, because you took 3/4 pictures thinking that they accurately depicted your flaw.

It looks okay

The swelling is going down and it is looking better. The problem is that it looks nothing like what I wanted. Im not upset because I know allot of work was done to correct a collapsed nose. What Im upset about is that my nose was perfectly fine after the first op and I went ahead and ruined it by choosing the wrong nose and the wrong surgeon. I don't know if I can ever get it back to the way it was or better but I hope so. I have been sleeping all day feeling extremely depressed and i don't want to go out in public. I feel very unattractive. However I have to learn to not look back, only forward and believe that it is possible to get it even better than the original, along the way I will have to deal with my insecurities and learn to love myself and accept where I am right now, this will be a tough but rewarding journey. I know many people have gone through the same thing or worse and still have managed to have their nose improved to look even better than the original.

I can't keep pretending that this is okay...

Because it is not okay. I did not ask for a droopy tip, dorsal hump and hanging columella. I did not ask for a refined tip and a refined nose. What was agreed upon was that the gash would be filled in and my tip would be made higher and longer, so that I have a slight slope upwards. I feel so dishonoured because I know the profile of my last nose was much much better. It was more button like, but it was crooked and looked different on both sides. It's more normal now but ugly. I'm beyond depressed. I literally pray god has enough mercy to end my miserable life. How can someone give you something completely different to what you ask for and expect you to be happy? This is the one nose that if I saw on anybody else, I would think is unnatractive. I can't even contain my anguish my pain, my sorrow my defeat and my hurt over this. I should have just had some permanent filler put into my nose and left it as it was because now it looks more droopy and masculine that it has ever looked before. I think I was given the asian specialty. Not what I wanted at all, not what I know is the most attractive nose for me. Sure it's functional, but what's the point now if I am cringing over the sight of it? Okay well maybe they just weren't good enough to be able to give me what I want while fixing the structural issues of my nose. I know that I saw other surgeons who said the most they could do is straighten it and lengthen it, so I'm thinking that it just was not possible to go from where I was to what I wanted, the nose was just too botched. But it's just the most horrible feeling I've felt in my life to be so far away from your goal, to have a nose that is the complete opposite of what you wanted. I feel hopeless about it. By the time I get revised I'll probably have a fake nose operated look. I would prefer that than this anyway.

Love hate relationship

It's just been an all round love hate relationship with the results. On one hand I can see a remarked improvement on the front, on the other, the profile is more droopier than my nose has ever been. I think all I need is another revision to get it right, but surviving a less ideal outcome has been very difficult. I'm extremely fatigued and I'm in shock. Im in shock because I had a nice nose after the first surgery and I ruined it with subsequent operations, each achieving one ideal aspect but losing another. This has been an all round nightmare for me. I wish I just accepted myself after the first surgery.

Ive been selfish

I've been selfish, my nose was almost beyond repair and needed reconstruction. Ive been spoilt and wanting perfect results straight away. I need to be patient. I love Dr Corazon, she brought two other surgeons together to help me have a positive result and all I did was whinge and whine because it wasn't what I wanted. I seriously need to get help and heal my mind, she did an excellent job considering what she had to work with and I should be grateful, especially because we can get it right next time. She is an excellent surgeon and I highly recommend her. But if your nose is botched you cant expect her to deliver perfect results because it is hard and complex. Im going to do therapy and subliminal therapy to recover the shock of what I did with the previous botch job and I'm grateful for dr for working hard to give me my self esteem back. I cant help but to say, I love plastic surgery.

photo

oops

this is more what im aimng for. just a more feminin shape that is all

Ok

I've matured allot in especially the last week. I'm ok with the results but I will need a revision. I think it is looking better everyday, but it is too masculine and middle eastern looking for my liking. That being said I know not allot could be done with what I had to work with, im overall happy and grateful. It's time to enjoy the journey of getting what I want. I will be so beautiful, I will have a perfectly sculpted face, light tan skin, green eyes, brown hair, a button/pig like nose and beautiful cheekbones. In the meantime im going to continue my studies in beauty and be the best person I can be on the inside too.

alright

I've come to accept the results. Although it is nothing like what I wanted. Maybe it's a step towards what I want. I guess the best work that could be done was done to repair damage and straighten septum. I'm appreciative for that I guess because if it wasn't a proper job it would just collapse again. I just have to make peace with the fact that I cannot get what I want right now. I don't like the droopy tip, the thin septum, the hanging columella and the slight dorsal hump. Basically, I didn't get anything close to what I asked for but I'm just going to be patient and wait for review. I will show proper side by side pics of what I want next time round. I'm sure it must be achievable. Dr Corazon was kind enough to offer me a free revision. She put allot of work in to repair the damage to my nose, she rounded two nose surgeons together with her to do the work. But there were certain limitations to what could be achieved. I just hope that I can get the nose I want. Im sick of waiting for it! I just don't feel dateable until I achieve my goal. I'm highly depressed about not getting what I want but there is nothing I can do to feel attractive until I get it sorted.

Fail

My final verdict, the surgery was a complete fail because it did not meet my needs as a patient. My nose was meticulously carved and made pointy and a hump was put in. All without my consent. I've gone from googling nose surgeons to googling methods of suicide. My goal could have been achieved had the surgeon simply harvested more material from my rib and extended the columellar strut upwards. My needs as a patient were not addressed and I regret seeing this surgeon. I was given the asian chop. All these bad outcomes give asia a bad name for nose surgeries, and certainly does not do much good for the surgeon as when you goggle her name, my review comes up in the first page, and that is a blessing so that somebody else won't make the same mistake.

Realising...

Upon more research and soul searching. I found that not allot could be done to my nose. So... I guess most of my discontent is that I had expectations of what could be achieved. My philosophy has always been the same, be beautiful or die trying, and if I can't be beautiful, I would rather not live. Simple! ... So I will try again with revision, after my nose is fully healed. And if that's a fail. I will need to take a hell of allot of sleeping tablets, ... a hell of allot.

Let's be frank

I just want you all to know that my mixed feelings were because I was trying to 'convince' myself. The REALITY is, they did impose their aesthetic goals on me without my consent which has caused me much suffering. I am sure they couldn't have given me what I wanted, but they could have given me something a little closer to it. As much as I love and respect Dr Corazon, as she is a very good person and has very good qualities, she did a good job with the buccal and lipo except that they did not do my love handles so now all the fat is going there, and she hasn't been completely honest with me. It was her associate that told me that they deliberately ignored my personal preferences, as soon as I met him, I felt his energy was constricted, and he was very rigid about his ideals. But how can you apply aesthetic ideals on everybody? Because everybody is different. Okay but heres the positive, she was totally safe and non-invasive, I mean seriously no scars or anything. She has always been there when I needed her, she's put up with my bi-polar behavior. But she did impose her aesthetics on me when she should have at least made a compromise. That's the mistake she made, and that's mostly because the majority of her clients have different personal preferences, plus, I think she likes the droopy Persian nose and so she wanted to make me look in the way she thought was best. I don't know.. there are a whole bunch of other variables I haven't really given much thought to, like time restrictions combined with lack of materials, etc. But I do think that they could have done something closer to what I wanted, if they wanted to.

Again.

Again.. the only reason why I wrote positive about her is because I was trying to maintain good ethics, after all, this review comes first in line. But seriously, her nose job destroyed me. She managed to do the complete opposite of what I asked and then told me I'm a perfectionist for not appreciating it. She made me look Indian and I feel ugly because of it. Nobody should impose what they want on an unsuspecting client. It's just wrong.

Overwhelmed

I'm feeling overwhelmed at the loss of everything I liked about my nose. But Dr Collantes has kept in touch with me through all my complaining and whining and whinging. So obviously she does care and she did what she thought was in my best interests. I do love the buccal fat removal, oh my god I had a chubby face before and she completely corrected. My stomach is great, it never grows. All I need are some cheekbones, another nose job and love handle lipo, then allot of exercise, skin lightenning, purple eye contacts, brown hair dye.... okay.... so it never ends! .. lol

Lies, all lies.

All I hear from her is, "we put so much work to fix your nose" "give it time, the tip will elevate" "I did liposuck your lovehandles". It's just the same bullshit over and over! No attempt whatsoever was made to fulfill my expectation, and her associate made it clear that what I wanted was "ugly and bulbus" and that apparently this is much better. Apparently a hook beaklike pointy and thin nose is much better than what I wanted. Right. Her resolution "I will remove dorsal implant and get rid of tip" wow great, so I can have a thin nose with the edwards scissor hands look. Crazy.
Dr Jose Corazon Collantes

Dr Jose Corazon Collantes. The woman who will always be known for giving the guy with a deviated button nose, a hooked beak-like thin and pointy nose.

You are very attractive and you have a nice nose. There's nothing wrong with looking middle eastern, middle eastern men are very attractive in my opinion, and there is nothing wrong with the way you look. However, I used to have BDD, so I can understand how you feel. I have to say that I really don't think you need more surgery, therapy would be a much better investment. You deserve to be happy!
how long is your recovery before you can go outside to face other people without noticing that you have nose job. Thanks
I hope you can find a surgeon who will give the nose you've always wanted. my revision is next Tuesday and I pray that I get good outcome this time.
Thanks so much! I hope your outcome is much more positive this time. I met someone on here who referred me to Dr Kunachak, so I have arranged to have my fourth with him. What a stressful journey, isn't it? I would refer anyone to see dr eslami in tehran, he is the best of the best his number is 0011 982188884431. But it is impossible for me to get an iranian passport.
Thanks. I appreciate your well wishes. Wow! a fourth one!! That's stressful. I am having my second one and I pray it's the last one. Will be praying for you. You can't get a visa to go to Iran? All the best to you!! please keep us posted.
Thank you! Choosing the right surgeon is imperative. I did not know there were surgeons out there who would promise you a certain result then go ahead and impose their own views on you. I was contcted by Teraza by PM and she has really helped me get through this. Honestly, I feel like im in hell, as everything I liked about my nose was taken away and the whole point of surgery is to keep the things you like and change the things you don't like about your nose. So I realised I have to travel to bangkok to see the best nose surgeon in Thailand. I will definately right another review on him, on realself.
May you get the nose you wanted. I hope this is the last rhino for you!
thank you so much. how is your healing going? x
Recovery is harder than I expected. Very stuffy nose and itchiness around the incisions. Can't wait til after tomorrow! Will keep every one updated. Thanks.
The upturned nose you said you want in the picture of your profile, looks significantly worse than your actual nose. I am not just saying that either. I would stop worrying about feminizing your nose and just focus on what looks good on your face. And your result, indeed, looks good on your face.
Oh, and your also clearly obsessing incredibly over your nose. I understand BDD very well, and the more you obsess over it the more it will seem like its a real problem. Its not, its just in your head.
Thanks for your opinion. Clearly you do not know me. I have lived with my face for 29 years and I know exactly what looks good on me. If everything you liked about a facial feature was taken away from you without your consent, You would feel highly distressed too. My result, is average at best. My last nose, looked better, my profile was better. Dr Corazon Collantes and her team imposed their aesthetics on me without my consent. That is a morally wrong and evil thing to do, they have caused me incredibly anxiety, pain, suffering, heartache and have made me lose my will to live. A plastic surgeon is supposed to help the client meet their goals and we had discussed that she would straighten my nose and elevate my tip a little. She went in a very different direction, adding a dorsal hump, making it more droopy, lowering the nose lip angle and refining the tip into a little point. I have been having nightmares and feeling like shit over this. I do not have BDD, and I am not looking for perfect and nobody has told me my nose looks good. All I wanted was a nice nose, I wasn't asking for the world.
I'm really confused with your story but the main thing here is you are aiming for the impossible, you even said you are under going neurotic perfectionism no matter how many times you undergo surgery and it looks beautiful for the eyes of other people you'll never be satisfied since you want something no one can achieve. On the other hand you should be thankful to your surgeon because she was able to fix your deformed nose from your previous surgeries, what if the surgeon you found made your nose worst and more deformed ? Have you ever think about the idea that the surgeon prioritized to rescue your dislocated nose first that's why all the things that you wanted were not addressed 100% because there's a limit with cosmetic surgery and there's a limit with what you can do with a broken nose ? I agree with can'tbreathe we have the same pov with your story. Anyway goodluck with your next surgery pray and hope it won't destroy and dislocate your nose again.
I appreciate that. But there was no need for the droopy tip, hanging columella or the dorsal hump. Everything that was done, was done to harmonize with general aesthetic standard for men, which doesn't work for me having a young long face and a thin nose. Again, I know she put allot of work in to reconstruct it, but she definitely could have reconstructed it closer to my ideal rather than tossing it out altogether. I would rather die than have to face people asking me if I'm indian. I seriously do not want to live anymore. There was no reason why she couldn't extend the columella strut forwards and there certainly was no need for the hump. I'm sure shes a great surgeon for asian people seeking a nose lift. But I don't think I'm going to let her touch my nose again. If anyone wants a thin droopy nose with a hump, I will recommend her. But here in the real world, we recognize that is not attractive.
PS it IS NOT BEAUTIFUL! You are incredibly insane. Nobody has ever told me it's beautiful. People have said "well... it's an improvement" at best, what do you think that means? It means they don't want to hurt my feelings. My aunty told me I should have gone to Iran. My step mum asked me why I had the surgery and that I shouldn't have. One friend has told me it looks better and was sincere about it. nobody has told me that it looks nice or is attractive. It hangs down, my nose has NEVER hung down before like this. I asked for a western nose, and she re-ethnitised my nose. Do you know why? Because her walls are covered in awards, so she think's she knows best. No I'm sorry Dr, but please, tone your ego down and understand that a surgery is a complete fail unless it meets the needs of the client. Period.
from the way you are reacting you are the one who sounds insane with your up and down tantrums. most of us here thinks your nose suits your face very well you are a man and it looks nice. if you want to look like a female go look for a miracle. i bet you will just destroy your nose because what you are hoping for is not that possible
Please do the world a favour, and kindly kill yourself... PRONTO.
PS I will look however I want and I do not give two cents about your opinion about it. I have the right to look the way I want to look and I do not give a damn what you think.
And I will show you and every other ego-centric 'know it all' on here that what I want certainly IS possible and SHALL look excellent.
If you cannot see that my nose clearly looks worse after the operation. I suggest a trip to your local optometrist to get your eyes checked. So quit bitching on my page, I say what the hell I want, this is MY review not yours, so keep your god damn reservations to yourself 'tinetine'.
I am really sorry for the roller coaster you have been on, and I totally empathize. May I ask what you have been doing to treat the BDD? I notice you say in some updates that you were "really dysmorphic back then" and how you used to have BDD.... my point being, it does not just go away on it's own, simply because you realized the condition. The issue with it is, you may keep getting surgery after surgery and never ever be happy, and potentially more miserable. Your nose could turn out perfect for your face, yet if you were to take some photos where it looks "bad" (everyone takes "bad" photos, mind you) that can trigger you into obsessive thought and trying to perfect every perceived flaw. You talk about editing photos to look good in a post, and so looking good in photos is obviously important to you (me, too!) But taking selfies in unnatural lighting is bound to make you hyper-critical no matter what your result. After rhinoplasty, lots of us look for what is not right about it. I am not saying you should accept a nose you do not like or cannot live with, I know just how that feels... but you might gain a much better perspective of how your brain is being wired to perceive yourself, and what steps to take to put things into more of a reality for you. I am in counseling, no history of BDD, but a messed up rhino will cause BDD symptoms after the fact. So I understand some of your thought process. I just really hope you do more than just consult with surgeons to get a handle on things, because you do not want to spiral out of control with your emotions.... you do not want to make surgical decisions based strictly on emotion because emotions are fleeting, and I just notice you are very back and fourth on your feelings of your nose. You need to wait until you have a solid feeling for a long period of time before surgery. From day one, what I have thought needed to be fixed with my nose and what I do and don't like have remained the same, and even I don't feel ready. I wish you luck! All of my advice comes from a sincere place of care.
I appreciate your post. Yes body dysmorphia is a really horrible thing to experience, you blame your appearance on everything. But I think for me the case is neurotic perfectionism, in the sense that I have this idea of looking perfect that I cannot achieve which causes me allot of suffering. A little voice in my head that is telling me to do other things to myself. It's brave and bold to come to terms with it, but healing it is a huge struggle. You're exactly right with everything you say. 'Normal' people have a healthy view of themselves, they know what they can improve on and what is fine. Neurotic perfectionists are are never happy and keep seeking an ideal of perfection that does not exist. They base their self esteem on how they perceive themselves and they can't help but to constantly pick out flaws. Positive perfectionists know when enough is enough and when to stop, they have boundaries. Neurotic perfectionists will go on forever striving for perfection and never being content. I looked it up on wikipedia and realised that I am a neurotic perfectionist, so not being able to look 'perfect' even though there is no such thing, makes me miserable. And yes, I am seeking help, but it's a horrible thing to go through. I think the rhinoplasty results are average, I will go in for one more with a well reputed surgeon, but I'm struggling to stop myself from getting cheekbone implants and possibly lipo on my very small love handles. The whole issue confuses and destructs me on every orifice. It is a hard thing to come to terms with. I have a clear idea of what I want which is acheivable, but I have to know when to stop- that is the struggle, because there's that little voice in your head that keeps asking for MORE and you have to realise that is your ego and not your higher self. I was lucky with the buccal and lipo but if I keep going I'll eventually luck out and disfigure myself, so knowing when to stop and setting boundaries is the hard part. Us in our western countries nothing is ever enough we constantly want more and its hard to sit and appreciate what we got.
Sorajah, as a gay man that means nothing to me... What was done was entirely against my will and I have never felt so unattractive in my entire life.
I'm sorry, but I'm sure that other gay man think that you are handsome too... If you feel that bad about your nose, than you have to do revision. Seek for expert,wait (don't hurry), show them photos, be careful...Wish you all the best!