Worst Decision I Have Ever Made for my Skin -Australia, AU

I had Emerge Fractional laser done about 6 months...

I had Emerge Fractional laser done about 6 months ago now to assist with Melasma (hormonal and sun damage). I had 2 sessions spaced 2 weeks part as recommended by the beautician doing the treatment.
I was very hesitant initially about any long term side effects that could permanently damage/scar my skin but was reassured that there is no way that this machine could do any damage and that it was extremely safe.
After the first treatment I was really happy with the outcome and thought the melasma had cleared slightly and my skin felt and looked smoother (I assume the swelling contributed to this). 2 weeks later I had my second treatment, again my skin felt much the same as after the first treatment until the swelling came down and I started to notice the tiny holes all over my face (everywhere the laser had tracked).
I started to panic slightly at this stage and spoke to the ladies and skin deep Mullaloo (perth) and asked what they thought about the orange peel texture that came up and they said to just wait and in 3 months as my skin is still healing and this should clear. After 2 months passed and things did not get any better I contacted skin deep again and the owner agreed to meet with me in regards to my worries. The only thing that came out of this meeting is that I am focusing on something that is not there and the laser has improved my skin. She said that my face is also still healing and to wait another 2 months and things should look better.
Once 4 months had passed and I was looking worse than ever and decided to email her pictures of damage the laser had caused due to her not looking at my skin during our meeting (even after 2 requests for her to do so, she would only look at my skin through the camera they use to do the before an after photos which did not show the orange peel texture I needed wanting clarification on).
As you can see from these pictures there is a clear orange peel texture there that I can assure you was not there before. Her response o this email was that I had enlarge pores and what did I need her to do about it. This made me furious that they blatantly refused to acknowledge any damage that the laser caused and that they are still using this treatment on other customers without advising of any long term effects such as mine and many other peoples outcomes from realself.
I beg anyone considering this treatment to find an alternative as there are many.
I have really great skin prior to this treatment (melasma being my only worry), now I am stuck with this pin hole, rough textured skin.
I am very self conscious and do not like being it any sunlight as it shows my skin at its worst ( I stay inside most of the time)
I used to be very athletic an love being out and abut, now I am too shy to and unmotivated to do many of the thing I used to love in life. I don't even let my partner look at me up close and fear being affectionate as I feel ugly.
I hope this post stops someone going through this Pure money making treatment for the salons as it has put a halt on many peoples lives from the stories I have read. I hope that anyone that has been damaged by this laser finds a solution to the damaged caused.
Skin Deep Mullaloo

Very unhelpful and dismissive of my issues

Just an update 8 month post treatment that my skin is tsill on the same condition with the micro holes all over. I have tried Honey and the emu oil only for the last 2 months with no success, I will try a few TCA peels at 15% in June and see how that goes. I hope everyone else is doing ok !
Thanks for the update. I really hope you find something that works--I have done TCA peels for my melasma, for which I didn't do strong enough (I think I did 8%) or consistent enough to clear my melasma, but it can really help smooth out skin texture. By the way, a story I wanted to post/share. A couple of days ago I called a clinic that does laser scar removal (I have some small scars I was interested in having removed). Anyway, the woman who answered the phone was really nice and I asked her a bunch of questions and if a doctor would be doing the procedures. She said no, that it would either be her or another woman who worked there. I said wow you sound really young. She said "Yeah, I sound really young, and I look really young, but I'm actually 26". 26 years old. She told me of no medical training she had. Working with lasers on people's faces and bodies. Clearly she would have no idea of what to do if something went wrong. Very troubling. I obviously am not going to that place, and remain skeptical about lasers based on all of the terrible experiences people have posted here. Take good care, wishing you success with the TCA peels.
Thanks for your message. I agree, i work in the insurance business and some guy called in one day and said i am about to buy a laser and need insurance. I asked what his qualifications were and he said he didnt have any and that the distributer/rep of the product provides training upon purchase. I basically told him no chance and cant beleive that someone can get away with no qualifications and use a laser like that. Crazy
Wow that's crazy. I can't believe he had no training. That's just ridiculous.
Wow, just nuts. Hopefully the people who go to him will ask a lot of questions and realize that it would be unwise to use his services. Sometimes you just want it so bad you take the risk. I even considered going to the place with the young woman, and then snapped out of that foolish thinking! Take care. :-)
yeah i have the same thing from fraxel :(
I am so sorry this happened to you. I also have melasma and have considered getting laser treatments in hopes that it would go away. I have never done it because my instinct tells me it will make my skin worse. Like you my skin texture is good--melasma spotting being the only problem. Thank you for your post.
I wish I went with my instinct too :-) im glad that you decided against it. There are alot of creams available and chemical peels that will help and no way near as risky as laser. Melasma is definitely preferable to me than having texture issues, now I have both.
I am so so glad she could help you out with a plan. Good luck with it and denifately keep me updated on how it goes. Microneedling does sound promising. did ahe the needle depth
Www.ynotnatural.com is the website for the emu oil if you still want to try that but im sure marianne has producys she recomments. Are you ising obagi
She has said to go on Obadia later in the year it sounds very good at the moment I'm using their DNA renewal cream for the damage and a serum plus a hydrating cleanser. She did Microdermabrasion on my chin area today free of charge it was great seemed so much smoother after, she did a full cleansing facial, put vitamin c serum on and a moisturiser and applied a foundation after which was lovely my skin looked great I was amazed and just felt like me again. It's going to need a few needling treatments I think and then I will have microdermabrasion every so often. I'll let you know how I get on. How you finding the honey. I've found a supplier in Woodvale for that also,she rang me tonight. I'm still going to try that as well. X
Thats such great news. Stay possitive because things are only going to get better, slowly but they will. My face feels hydrated and smooth. Just using honey and the oil but obviously i have a while wait until i see any progress. Im really interested to see how. the needling goes.
I had needling done a couple of years ago under my eyes but only did 2 which wasn't enough, Marrianne said you need to space them out for about 6 months to see results. My mom arrives on Monday from UK so I'm glad I'm feeling better in myself now for her. I didn't want her to see me being so down. Hope you start to see improvement soon. I got a snotty email from Cosmedical skin solutions, she didn't like the fact I was going for a second opinion. I e.mailed her to let her know the outcome, she didn't reply. I'm sure we will be feeling happier with our skin in a few months x
At the time of receiving an e.mail from Cosmedical Skin Solutions, which I referred to as(snotty) I was upset at the time of reading it. Sometimes emails can be misinterpreted,they insist it wasn't snotty so I withdraw my comment and apologise to them.
Sounds exactly like my meeting with the clinic I went to. They are very unprofessional and it's clear they are acting very unethically. Keep me in the loop how you are going with this, you have three years to sue them. I am so angry every day and so devastated for over year and a half now, this feeling will never go away unless my skin gets normal again. It's incredible how even sundamage is nothing compared to laser damage. Lasers destroy healthy collagen and pretty much age the skin over two decades. My mother is over 60 and her skin is nothing like mine now after laser. I want to scar that woman who did this to me for life I'm so furious! There's a name actually what they do , when they deny everything and blame the victim. Gas lighting I think it's called or something similar, it's a known method for manipulative people making victims look bad to shift the focus off their crimes.
Mandy I feel the exact same way you do. Couldn't have said it any better. I try to avoid looking in the mirror because it triggers intense anger in me. And I don't know if there's a solution. They tell you your crazy then drop you and leave you hanging.
Good luck tomorrow x x let me know how you go! I bought some emu oil and raw honey both from freo markets. Will give it a good try as there is not much else i can do at the moment. Wish i had got you some too now just didnt know whether you thought i was weird offering :-P im sure they have some in the tourist shop down at hillarys. Otherwise i have there website if your interested in picking some up. Im glad you have great friends to support you and make you feel better about how your skin looks. X
Ah thanks no I don't think your weird at all! Really appreciate you offering I will go to Hillary's straight from my apt today, but if you could send the website that would be great thank you.x
Its at home so will send it to u later tonight. Hopefully there is some down there, if not you can order online from places in perth :-)
Be aware that she will prob blame it on natural ageing, that's what they were trying tell me and dismiss my concerns. Do you have any recent before pictures that you can take with you? Also my clinic claimed they can't find my before pics and have altered medical records so be aware that they might play very dirty. Good luck and stay strong, I wish I would have brought My partner with me as they were trying to make me feel like I'm crazy and seeing things.
Hi there yes I'm expecting them to be like that and although she said she has all the settings down I'm sure they have been altered. She has already said to me once "Is there anything going on in your life that makes you feel like it and keep out the mirror"!!!!! What you using on your skin now?
Hi I use Psoria gold and emu oil, I will start cleaning with honey and stay away from makeup etc for few weeks, I don't want to put chemicals on my skin. I had to use makeup at work but I had to quit my job to deal with this debression so I'll also give the skin a break from chemicals. I had raw honey earlier but it was very grainy , like sugar had been added and it just rips my face . Is all raw honey like that?
Hi mandy, the raw honey i bought from freo markets is really smooth. You should try this maybe and put water on your face before so it goes on smooth and not sticky, this should make the grainy honey work for you maybe.
Thanks I'll prob by another one. It's just so grainy great exfoliating body but not on face. Might get manuka honey
Hi there how are you Im very up and down Im going to try needling I think starting in March Still hate the texture of my skin and scarring. The place I went the other day for a second opinion seem professional but I will never 100% trust anyone anymore. They also suggested retinoid a cream but ive read terrible stories about that so not going to to. Also microdermabrasion but heard bad things about that so you just don't know what to do for the best.Going back to see them on 22 Jan so going to tell them what ive heard see what they say