Getting Excited - Australia, AU

I am glad that I have found these reviews on...

I am glad that I have found these reviews on RealSelf - it has helped me understand some of what I will be able to expect after my surgery. A bit about myself - I am 44, mother of one Son who is 24. I have had large breasts for the majority of my life - starting at a 34D when I was 18 and then heading up to a DD after breastfeeding at 20. Never went back to a D after breastfeeding and then after gaining 20kilos my breasts went up to a 38E. I lost some weight but never in the boobs - down 15kilos but breasts are now 37FF - very frustrating!
Over the last 3-4 years I have started to suffer chronic back and neck pain - so hence my decision to have a breast reduction. Ultimately I would like to go down to a C but my PS says that a D would be best - so I figure he knows his job, and we will go with the D.
Pre-Op appointment this Friday and my very supportive Husband is coming with me - hope he gets all his questions answered. Will let you know how we go - count down is on and getting very excited now :)

Welcome to the community.

You will feel like a new woman once this is done.   Yes your doctor will take you to an appropriate size.  My advice though is to really express to him what you want as a final outcome.  If you  want a C cup in the end, ask him if this is medically possible.  I about drove my surgeon nuts expressing my wants and needs..LOL   I even took pictures into the office to show him what I wanted to look like.

New Woman - here I come :-) Thanks heaps for the advice, will definitely ask the question again at pre-op.

Let me know how everything goes.

Pre-Op Done - Happier

Went to see PS on Friday with Husband and we are both happy with what he is planning to do with my breasts. Might be taking up to 600grams from each which will bring me down to a C-D cup and lift the girls up about 6cm - so I am Little Mrs Happy and Husband will have a new playground to explore :) :) LOL. Have to start a list of things to take to hospital and things to have ready at home - only 15 sleeps to go Yeeha :)

I am so excited and nervous about my upcoming surgeries. As far as my breast go, I am currently a 38G and I want to go down to a 38D which is still big, but I would like to lose about 30 pounds so my doctor thinks that I will not lose that much in the breast department, maybe 1/2 -1 size which still leaves a nice size. I guess for me, I am afraid that he will take too much. My breast are big, but they are all that I know. My doctor assured me that if he took some away, I would have plenty left. Good luck to all. I will update after first surgery which we be my tummy tuck. :)
Goodluck! How exciting! Remember to take it easy for the 2 weeks following your surgery. God bless!

15 Hours to D-Day

Well here I am in my last hours as a FF busty babe and sooooo looking forward to my new D cup hopefully C tomorrow.
Not sure if I am totally organised but will have a couple of hours in the morning to get my last minute organizing done. Up at 6am for a light breakfast and then fasting from 7am - check in to hospital at 11am and surgery booked for 1.30pm.
Not nervous (think Husband is though) just extremely excited :)
Will update with photos and progress as I go.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Booked In

All ready to go - only hour half to wait :-) . Husband took some photos last might for me so here they are. Back later :-)

Well 2 days post op and extremely happy so far with my new little boobies :-) Bit tired and sore but not in too much pain just taking panadol every 4 hours and an anti inflammatory, and anti biotics for 5 days. Follow up on Monday, which will be a good chance to see my scars.

6 Days of New Little Boobies

Well I am the happiest woman (only other times I have been happier was the birth of my son and the day I married my wonderful Husband). I am still sore and the bruising is starting to turn yellow. Had my fixomil bandages changed yesterday with the nurse and she was happy with my progress, my wounds are healing and touch wood so far so good with no infections.
Go back next week and will see my PS and change bandages again, hope he will be as happy as I am with the results. Will be able to find out exactly how much he has taken from each breast - my right breast was slightly bigger than my left (and much more bruised) but they look the same now - small and perky :)
The pain in my neck area has settled down and it will be interesting to see if this is due to the reduction or the amount of drugs that I have been taking!!!! I hate sneezing as this hurts some what, but managing with the pain and just sitting back relaxing and doing nothing, this is the plan for the next to weeks :) Best way to recovery fully I think.
Did try to post some photos but it didn't work - so will try again soon.

Well back to work tomorrow, feel ready just have to remember to take it easy. I am healing well (my opinion :-) ) and just need my four T-junctions to heal, most of my other scars are pretty much scar free. My nurse thinks my skin slightly got irritated from the plaster so haven't used that for the last couple of days just gauze on the T's. Was such a perfect morning and finally got my first swim in the ocean for the summer (well nearly summer)! Have to go bather shopping too, so I can spend more time in the water:-) So so HAPPY with my new boobies, glad that I have had the support from my wonderful Husband and family and friends - couldn't have taken this journey without them :-) My PS and his staff have been amazing - can ring them or visit when I need reassurance or advice. Trying to put my photos together so that I can post my journey in pictures. Glad I have had this site for insight into what to expect and thank all you bloggers for your sharing :-) X
Gee time flies - two weeks today since my op and feeling great, still sore and bruised but happy with my recovery so far. Visited my work today for morning tea and everyone was so supportive and made wonderful comments on my new look, it was fun sharing with my friends, makes it heaps more rewarding (if that makes sense)! :-) I had my second post op on Monday and my PS is extremely happy with his work, as am I and Husband. When they have settled down (6-8 months) PS is confident that I will be a D cup - YEEHA very excited ;-) . Nurse removed some of the knots that were protruding and changed the tape, which needs to be changed every 3-4 days. Will have to get Husband to do this as it makes me feel faint :-) Allowed to drive now and starting to do some stuff but trying not to over do it - don't want to damage all the hard work my PS has done. Taking photos and will down load them when I can work out how to do it LOL :-) Glad that we have invested the money and time in making my body healthier and happier - looking forward to so many things ie. New smaller, prettier bras, better movement when exercising, maybe even a new bikini (just need to work on my tummy) and no neck, back or shoulder pain! :-) Have decided to have an old bra burning ceremony when I get new ones - never want to go back there!!!!!! So Happy :-) :-) :-)