He had me at "C cup"- Australia, AU

I am 42 yo and I have booked in for a breast lift...

I am 42 yo and I have booked in for a breast lift and a small reduction at the end of May 2013. I have hated my breasts since the day they started forming. Now since having 2 children and having gained and lost 25kg's 4 times they are now dreadful (in my eyes). I have read many review on this site and watched a few youtube videos on the procedure which has helped me with my decision to have the surgery. My plan is to update you with my experience over the next few months and hopefully you will be able to make a decision on your choice whether to have the surgery done after seeing my results. If anyone has any advice for me I would greatly appreciate it.

I forgot to include my details...I am 165cm (5ft...

I forgot to include my details...I am 165cm (5ft 5in) 61kg's (I think that is about around 135 lb) and i am currently wearing an Australian size 12E bra (I can't convert that to US but it would make me a US size 8 in clothes). Any luck in 3 weeks I will be a 12C or 12D. I am 42 yo and have 2 small boys and a gorgeous husband who has encouraged me all the way.

I only have 10 sleeps to go until my surgery and I...

I only have 10 sleeps to go until my surgery and I wish it would just hurry up as it is all I am thinking about. I love this site as I find myself wasting many hours just reading other peoples journeys. It makes me laugh how different some of us are....Me, well I just want to be a C cup and have my nipples put back to where they should be. Others are having the complete opposite surgery to me and are aiming for a cup size that is E or greater. Neither is right or wrong, it is just funny how different we all are - the grass is always greener like they say!!

Nesting...... why do we do this?

Well I have 5 days to go before my BR and for some reason I have decided to paint 2 rooms of my house?? Thru reading other posts it is apparent to me that i wont be able to do a great deal of arm work for quite awhile following my surgery - I started painting the inside of my house when my 5 yo started school in January (I felt guilty only having paid work 2 days a week so i thought i should make myself useful). Anyway I have managed to do most of the house but i left a couple of rooms as it was too hard to move some of the furniture by myself plus i lost my enthusiasm. For some reason on Saturday i decided to finish the job this week... as if I dont have enough stress lol. At least i will be able to rest a little easier knowing that it is done!!

3 more sleeps.....

I only have 3 more sleeps until my surgery and I am sooo excited. This is the first thing I have done for myself since the birth of my children and surprisingly I dont feel too selfish. My bag is packed, the house is super clean and the fridge will be full come Friday. I had my pre-op interview with a nurse over the phone yesterday... my family all have colds a the moment so I asked if I could take any natural medication to try and stop myself from catching one - she informed me that even though the treatments are natural some of the products they contain thin the blood so best to avoid anything but paracetamol unitl my surgery :( I really dont want a cold as if it goes to my lungs before the GA they wont do the surgery!!! No special cuddles for anyone at the moment :)

Operation today

Well I am heading the hospital in an hour. Funnily enough I feel kinda "numb". I have decided to stop thinking so much about it as it is not going to make a difference to the final outcome. It just so happens that this weekend coincided with a Dad's and Kid's camping weekend which i am happy about and encouraged them to go. My husband and the 2 boys headed off last night and wont be home until Sunday night. We haven't told my sons as i don't want the eldest to worry and the youngest, well, he simply wont care!!! All they know is that next week Mummy will have really sore arms and that I wont be able to take them to school or pick them up or do much really - my eldest said that he will do it all...gorgeous! Wish me luck!

Sooo happy

Well it is 5am in the morning the day after my op. I didnt get a good night sleep as i reacted to the pain meds...nothing bad just itchy and hyper-alert. Note to self "ask nurse for a different pain killer" Surprisingly i have no pain, none, I am confused. I have not had any meds for 8 hours.... not complaining though. I have one picture for you to look at. They are small but i dont think they are too small for my frame. i am trying to imagine them on someone else and I dont think they are too bad - i am sooo happy :)

Just got home

Hi All, My DH has just brought me home from the hospital woo hoo. I have told him to go back to work now as I am perfectly ok to potter around myself. I know the rules and I am not going to do much plus I really am fine all I need to do is rest. I really want to look at my new boobs but they are covered in hypafix tape for the next 2 weeks so I will have to wait. In fact I am not allowed to even get them wet for 2 weeks - this is not going to be easy but I will try my best! It's funny some PS encourage you to wash your wounds and others avoid anything that may introduce an infection. My PS has taken a lot away and lifted them right up which is very exciting. I am guessing but I think I am a C cup. I have been trolling this site over and over again looking at peoples results. I have seen some amazing results and I use to say to myself "that is the size and shape I want to be" and I think my PS achieved exactly what I was hoping for. Time will tell :)

Day 3 PO

It's day 3 for me and compared to 2 days ago i am doing really well. I am up and about and not really needing pain medication apart from when I woke up this morning (that was because my back was sore from sleeping on my back all night) and I will take some before I go to bed along with a sleeping pill to help me go to sleep. I am tired but i am not feeling wiped out like I was. My incisions are touchy but only if i do the wrong thing like reaching. I am pretending I am like a T Rex and next to useless arms. I took a couple more photo's but it is still hard to see the results as they are mostly covered.

4 days PO

Not much to report, still doing nothing so that I can heal faster. Next to no pain unless i do something with out thinking about it first. My 5 yo son is sick of me not helping so decided to cut his own hair (it will take more than 1 week to fix the mess he made Lol). Feel a bit like a T Rex unable to use my arms properly. VERY HAPPY

I cant believe how good I feel today

I feel the best today so far. No pain and full of energy go figure. I am that in the days to come I don't do a turn for the worse - so far I have been really lucky and I am not sure why? I am bored doing nothing so I have decided to add stupid images of me which depict how I fell having to NOT use my arms as much as possible. Sorry to waste your time with my ramble!

Dressings off today woo hoo....I think??!

I am off to have my dressing removed today (12 days PO). My breasts are basically covered in hypafix tape so I am really not looking forward to having it removed. When I pull on the edges it doesn't even want to start to lift. Oh well i will just have to suck it up and take it. I cant wait to see them! By the way I haven't had a shower for 12 days either and I miss that feeling - you wont get me out of one tonight if they let me get the girls wet after today!!! I am basically back to normal now - just not lifting anything that is too heavy! Sleeping on my side comfortably ahhhh! I will post a photo tonight!

10 more days of tape...I want to see them!

I just had my stitches and tape removed...YOUWCH! I still have disolveable stitches which will do their magic disappearing act over the next few months. I was sooo looking forward to seeing my new breasts with out the tape but the PS re-taped me. At least this taping I can wet - 10 more days of tape then Bio-oil. I told my PS that this surgery is life changing and he looked at me with a puzzled look - obviously he hasn't had his own large breasts to deal with LOL. When I explained the difference it will make to running, bra/clothes shopping, confidence etc he understood....men! He's a brilliant surgeon though and I couldn't be happier but I don't think he is cut out to be a Psychologist!

11 days PO

Just a couple of comparison photo's! I took a photo of me leaning forward and thank goodness i dont have a before photo as I dont think my lens would have been long enough to fit my girls in. I think I am a 34C or 36B. Woo hoo!

18 Days PO

Well I am back at work and surprisingly I dont feel that uncomfortable considering I use my arms quite alot (not for lifting - just for treatments). I was quite uncomfortable last night at the end of the day but that is mainly due to the fact that my nipples have decided to become very sensitive - just like someone has rubbed them with sandpaper. I think it is my nerves regenerating themselves? I am sticking to my surgical bras as they seem to be the ones that give me less irritation. My breast are definitely softening and move a little when I move - I still think I am a 34C which is perfect for me. I am allowed to take my tape off in 3 days so I will post a few more photo's then - I cant wait to see them!

Tape off today - new pics

My tape was rolling up so I decided to take it off today and see how i go. If I need to I will put some more on later today but hopefully all will be ok? My PS said to use bio-oil 2x day now. My right breast is still a little swollen and bruised but I am still really happy with the results. I am looking forward to the scars softening a little so that the breasts round off a little more.

Ahhhh 5 year olds!

Last night my 5 yo elbowed me with his pointy elbows in my left breast accidently when he was trying to snuggle up for a long awaited cuddle - It was hard to say to someone so small that it was not their fault and its all ok when all I really felt like doing was running away and bursting into tears. I now have a new bruise to match my others! Looking forward to to day when i wake up and don't even think about the surgery anymore...

Attempted bra shopping today.....

I went bra shopping for the first time today - I was very excited when i first entered the store but found myself leaving with nothing because everything is still so sensitive and I really don't know what I am doing :( The assistant asked me if I needed help but I wasn't ready to expose all to anyone yet so I battled on. I was just trying to get an idea of what size I really was and hopefully pick up a more supportive sports bra so that I can get back to higher impact exercise ie slow jogging. The underwire bra's were scary - not sure if was a good idea to try any of them on! I looked around at all the cute bra's that are available and for some reason I felt quite emotional and lost - not sure why? Maybe I am grieving for my lost girls (not that I want to go back to that size ever again but at least I knew what fit me then), I felt quite out of place, strange really. I am going to put my whole experience down to the full moon!

5 weeks tomorrow

I thought I would post some almost 5 week photo's. I am basically back to normal activities (for 2 weeks now) but i am still very aware that I am not suppose to lift heavy objects. My left breast is still a little fuller than my right and I am not sure if this is swelling still or just the way it is going to be. I am currently using a combination of Bio-oil and Mrs Palmers Vitamin E cream 2x day on my scars which are completely healed. I no longer wear a bra at night and that feels nice - no more back constriction. We are going camping this weekend and it is freezing here so I am not looking forward to the feeling I now get when my nipples constrict! Absolutely no regrets!

5 months since surgery

Well it's been over 5 months since my surgery and I couldn't be happier. My breasts have softened, my nipple sensation is backs and my scars are flat and no longer sensitive. I have had many bra shopping outings but find fitting an underwire bra still quite difficult (not sure why). I really dont have a cleavage anymore and I really dont care. I am a 12C and totally happy. I am back at the gym doing high impact work and i only need to wear a gym top with a shelf bra instead of a sports bra under the gym top. I cant believe how fast I have healed and how happy I am with everything. i have absolutely no regrets...yes the pain post surgery is not fun but looking back now it went really fast and I came out the other side with a huge smile on my face. I wore a dress on Saturday that was a halter top and I went bra-less - I never imagined that i could do that!!! For all of you who are think about having the surgery, do your homework on the surgeon and then just enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!! Photo's coming.
Dr K

I visited my surgeon for the second time yesterday to book my surgery date and he described my breast as "large and pendular" which what I expected to hear but it still makes to feel a little awkward and embarrassed. He did however say beautiful women need beautiful breasts and that is what he will do for me! He somehow folded my breast in such a manner to show me how it will potentially look after the surgery and it was perfect - he will aim for a cup size that is a large C to a small D which is is exactly what I am hoping for. I am having the surgery done on 25th of May - I am so excited and a scared at the same time.