Really Want Them... But So Many Fears!!! - Australia, AU

Hi everyone, I am soon to be 24, I have been...

Hi everyone,

I am soon to be 24, I have been considering a boob job for about 3 years now it was never something that bothered me until I started to loose a lot of weight from my top section (from diet change and fitness) now my body is really un proportioned.

Everyday I feel my boobs are getting smaller I don't want to stop going to the gym because I am loving my new lifestyle so I started looking into breast augmentation.

I no a few people who have had it done and don't regret the decision and I no if I have them done I won't regret it either.

I am so self conscious and feel like a 12 year old girl I'm sick of hearing "oh your cute" I want to feel womanly and sexy and having small boobs gets me down and depressed, I am a 10 A to B cup and am looking at going a large C
But I have soooooooo many questions,
I am yet to find a surgon in Adeliade (where I live) and have a consultation,

One of my girlfriends had hers done in Malaysia and she was over the moon, I considered it but my mum wasn't very supportive she said if I really want them I had to do it here.

I no in a consultation the surgon will explain all of my questions but I wanted to see what people who have had the procedure done say,

Firstly and most importantly
I have a history of breast cancer in my family will It be easy to detect lumps and can I have check ups to make sure everything is ok?

- I am yet to have children so once I do can I breast feed?

- do you really have to have them done every 10 years?

- once I am older and if I decide to take them out will my boobs be saggy and is it possible to take them out?

- what is and how do you no what is better silicon or saline?

- how do I no what's best under the muscle or over?

- if they rupture inside of you is this dangerous?

- how often do I need to get them checked?

- how much time do you have off of work?

- is it really painful once you wake up from surgery?

I no it's a lot of questions and I have researched and talked to ladies who have had it done, but it's a lot of money and it's also your body, what if something goes wrong, can something go wrong?

I love the look of them and I no if I had them done I would feel like I have always wanted to feel and I would love them it's just all these fears and questions, especially never being under the knife or having anesthetic it's very scary.

Please share your story's and reviews good and bad!!!!

X

Wow 3 comments already!! This site is fantastic!! Thanks guys!! Can anyone recommend a surgeon in Adeliade?? Looking at everyone's profiles and their journey makes me want to get them done now!! I have become obsessed looking at people profiles researching, Looking at pictures to see what I like and don't like!! OMG all I talk about is getting them done... Maybe a sign..? Lol And I'm starting to notice every second person has them!!!!! They have become so popular!!
From a man's point of view, I have never seen implants that looked good naked. Always look contrived, especially the larger implants. Seen several before and after photos and two in person, all look better natural. Do what makes you feel good but please do not let pressure of fashion, friends, or well monied websites influence you. Fashions will change, they are not your friends if they say your body is not good enough, and the monied people do not care about you, they just want your money.
Hello Love!!! You will meet many wonderful ladies here and they are a wealth of information. I like you had never had ANY kind of anesthesia and was terrified!! NO BIG DEAL!! The surgery is quick and then they send you right home. Post op is not so bad and you get BOOBS!! Make sure you choose a good doc. Board certified plastic surgeon is a must!! I had nipple insertion and I swear by it! I had 700cc bilaterally smooth round saline unders. I went from a 36A to a 36DDD and I could not be happier!! Would I do it again......HELL YES!! Do some research. You can even make rice sizers at home with panty hose and a measuring cup of rice. Most of all, have fun with it. I promise it's not as bad is it sounds like it should be so don't stress! Welcome!! Congrats on your decision. Good luck!!

Consultation

Hi all,
So today I took the first step for my breast augmentation!
I had a consultation at parkside cosmetic surgery with doctor Higgs,
In one word.
Fantastic!!
From the moment I walked in I suddenly felt confident and confutable with Doctor Higgs, he answered all my questions before I had even asked them.
He went throw everything from pre opp to post opp.
He made me not feel as depressed with my self now
But definitely more confident and excited to have the procedure done!
Lynn the RN came into the consultation also and they did mesurements height weight
Then Lynn took me into the operation room and explained all that would happen.
Doc Higgs made me feel so confutable not once did he just stare at my boobs he looked me in the eye the whole time while talking to me.
He even suggested I go away think about it even get other quotes and consultations. They weren't pushy with trying to book me in,
They have a surgery date in April but I need to really think if I want to spend all my savings on a breast augmentation!
As their are so many other things I want to do.
Dc Higgs sent me away with lots of reading and made me feel so reassured that no matter what time I can call with questions!
Really was a fantastic consultation. This could be step one in a very BIG journey :)

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Helppppp me find a surgeon please

Hi guys
Please please help
I am still looking around for a good surgeon in Adelaide their are so many around it's hard to find one
Any suggestions??

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Going ahead!

Hi all! Been a while since I have posted because I was considering not going ahead but now my bestFriend has decided to go ahead with it also she has her consultation Monday!!
So we are both going to book our appointment for march 2015!
I have decided to go with doctor HIGGS although I may have a second consultation with doctor Julie Lawrence from Brighton cosmetic surgery.
I have added a wish picture of what I would like,
I don't no in CCs the size possibly someone could help? I would like a full C small D cup
And I'm still not sure if I want silicon or saline, doctor HIGGS recommended I go saline because I am after a tear drop shape. He also suggests over the muscle because I have enough breast tissue to cover the implant
What are peoples thoughts on this x

I'm an Adelaide girl too! I'm going with dr Higgs too. Booked in for surgery in 5 weeks have my sizing appointment next week. I had lots of consults but can honestly say I got the best 'feeling' about dr Higgs! Fingers crossed it all goes well. I'm super nervous but equally excited!
I went saline (if ruptured you will know) I went moderate profile so they look natural. If you take the post op medications that your doctor prescribes to you the recovery will be comfortable. Take heed to not lifting your arms over your head or push/pull anything until he/she says it's ok. Under the muscle looks and feels more natural. You can breastfeed with implants. You will most likely need a breast lift if you have kids and especially breast feed. Gravity has no friends!!!
Thank you for your feedback I have booked the opp for June next year, I have a second consultation in feb before I make the 6 week pre opp date, I will ask more questions and have a reconsider about the implant and if I'll hey under or over the muscle! Thanks again! Yours look amazing!!
Doctor Micheal Higgs