36 Yr Old Mummy of 2 Bubs. Im Booked in and Ready to Go Tummy Tuck. I'm Absolutely Petrified! - Australia, AU

I'm booked in for my tummy tuck on the 11 of...

I'm booked in for my tummy tuck on the 11 of November 2013. As scared as I am I just want to feel and look normal! My stomach looks like a chewed up lollie ha ha ha and about 6 months pregnant lol. I have a horrible muscle separation that gives me a big bulge that I'm completely over. My babies were big and absolutely destroyed what was a flat skinny tummy, all worth it for my little men but I'm tired of feeling yuk.
As you can see in my pic it hangs low from being so torn and my loose skin is like a hood lol. I laugh about it cause its not worth crying about it, the positive out of this negative stomach is that it held the most precious little people in my life!

So 6 days to go (yikes)

So I'm on the single digits only 6 days too go. My anxiety has been high and I really need to calm down. I keep telling myself the flat tummy the flat tummy! Ha ha ha ha

Less than 24hrs per op

So I have less than 24hrs and the nerves are so high it's a horrible feeling. I keep telling myself over and over flat tummy, flat tummy! I'm petrified of the unknown and keep thinking I'm gonna have panic attacks from feeling tight (I know it sounds crazy I'm such a panicker). Then I get all emotional cause my babies won't be with me whilst I'm in hospital (inserts sad face)
Wow these emotions are crazy! I need to start thinking positive any positive words from you beautiful people all over the world.

1day pre op photos

I'm on the flat side yay

So its been less than 24hrs since I underwent my tummy tuck. I'm feeling not too bad very tired but that's from all the medication and sore which is normal.
I am so excited that iv done it and can't wait to keep healing and then wear my new clothes iv stocked up on lol!! Thank you for you support you've all been amazing mwah X

Also I will update pics when I remember too iv just laid back down and can't be bothered getting back up again lol

3 days post op woo hoo

So I'm 3 days post op and hopefully tomorrow my drains will be coming out. I'm wrapped iv had this procedure and its finally over and done with... I am still sore and haven't opened my bowels yet but hopefully that'll happen soon, surely it has too lol... I'm really not taking many pain killers bar Panadol as the stronger stuff knocks me about and I hate that feeling. I have a couple of pics but they aren't the best as I couldn't get any closer to the mirror...
In the photo you'll see all the blood from my belly button the dressing will be changed tomorrow and you'll also see I'm still bloated. Can't wait for the swelling to go down.

7 days today post op

So today is 7 days post op woo hoo! Im sitting here recollecting the steps one week ago today.
I still can remember that feeling when I woke up at around 7.30pm and I woke up before the morphine had kicked in, my goodness you can imagine the pain I was in. It was excruciating for a good 10 min till it got going, its as though I fight anaesthetic as I remember so much when I woke up instead of being drowsy. I remember the lift going back to my room I remember opening my eyes and seeing 3 nurses who were getting this morphine going lol and them saying Bec you'll be ok. I also remember thinking what the F have I don't to myself this pain is bad (till the morphine kicked in lol ).
I only used my morphine pump till about 10 - 11pm that night before I flaked it.
Every day I have made progress and iv been walking more and more each day. My biggest struggle for me now is looking after my bubs and not being able to hold them. Master 1 (Sebastian) just follows me around walking hoping ill hold him (poor darling) and master 3 he wants to sit on me a lot. Thank god for my mum who's house we are staying at as hubby works so can't be alone with my little men.

I had my drains out 5 days post op and haven't taken any meds bar my antibiotics since 4 days post op.
I am so wrapped iv done this and apart from the pain being excruciating pre meds it really isnt as bad as I thought. Yes I was uncomfortable actually still am lol but for what you get in the end those first few days which are tough are so very worth it for the end result.

Oh and a little note to myself just because I'm healing each day I'm starting to think I can do more than I should. Tonight after my mum bathed my kids I thought I'd stretch my arm to the top of the wardrobe to get a nappy and as I turned to the side (thankfully) the bag of nappies fell and hit my hip right where the drain was. Ouch I dropped to my knees and was in severe pain. Lesson learnt on my end is that I still am healing.

I hope to post some pics after my check up this week with my awesome surgeon.
Love and Peace X