36 Yr Old Mummy of 2 Bubs. Im Booked in and Ready to Go Tummy Tuck. I'm Absolutely Petrified! - Australia, AU

I'm booked in for my tummy tuck on the 11 of...

I'm booked in for my tummy tuck on the 11 of November 2013. As scared as I am I just want to feel and look normal! My stomach looks like a chewed up lollie ha ha ha and about 6 months pregnant lol. I have a horrible muscle separation that gives me a big bulge that I'm completely over. My babies were big and absolutely destroyed what was a flat skinny tummy, all worth it for my little men but I'm tired of feeling yuk.
As you can see in my pic it hangs low from being so torn and my loose skin is like a hood lol. I laugh about it cause its not worth crying about it, the positive out of this negative stomach is that it held the most precious little people in my life!

So 6 days to go (yikes)

So I'm on the single digits only 6 days too go. My anxiety has been high and I really need to calm down. I keep telling myself the flat tummy the flat tummy! Ha ha ha ha

Less than 24hrs per op

So I have less than 24hrs and the nerves are so high it's a horrible feeling. I keep telling myself over and over flat tummy, flat tummy! I'm petrified of the unknown and keep thinking I'm gonna have panic attacks from feeling tight (I know it sounds crazy I'm such a panicker). Then I get all emotional cause my babies won't be with me whilst I'm in hospital (inserts sad face)
Wow these emotions are crazy! I need to start thinking positive any positive words from you beautiful people all over the world.

1day pre op photos

I'm on the flat side yay

So its been less than 24hrs since I underwent my tummy tuck. I'm feeling not too bad very tired but that's from all the medication and sore which is normal.
I am so excited that iv done it and can't wait to keep healing and then wear my new clothes iv stocked up on lol!! Thank you for you support you've all been amazing mwah X

Also I will update pics when I remember too iv just laid back down and can't be bothered getting back up again lol

3 days post op woo hoo

So I'm 3 days post op and hopefully tomorrow my drains will be coming out. I'm wrapped iv had this procedure and its finally over and done with... I am still sore and haven't opened my bowels yet but hopefully that'll happen soon, surely it has too lol... I'm really not taking many pain killers bar Panadol as the stronger stuff knocks me about and I hate that feeling. I have a couple of pics but they aren't the best as I couldn't get any closer to the mirror...
In the photo you'll see all the blood from my belly button the dressing will be changed tomorrow and you'll also see I'm still bloated. Can't wait for the swelling to go down.

7 days today post op

So today is 7 days post op woo hoo! Im sitting here recollecting the steps one week ago today.
I still can remember that feeling when I woke up at around 7.30pm and I woke up before the morphine had kicked in, my goodness you can imagine the pain I was in. It was excruciating for a good 10 min till it got going, its as though I fight anaesthetic as I remember so much when I woke up instead of being drowsy. I remember the lift going back to my room I remember opening my eyes and seeing 3 nurses who were getting this morphine going lol and them saying Bec you'll be ok. I also remember thinking what the F have I don't to myself this pain is bad (till the morphine kicked in lol ).
I only used my morphine pump till about 10 - 11pm that night before I flaked it.
Every day I have made progress and iv been walking more and more each day. My biggest struggle for me now is looking after my bubs and not being able to hold them. Master 1 (Sebastian) just follows me around walking hoping ill hold him (poor darling) and master 3 he wants to sit on me a lot. Thank god for my mum who's house we are staying at as hubby works so can't be alone with my little men.

I had my drains out 5 days post op and haven't taken any meds bar my antibiotics since 4 days post op.
I am so wrapped iv done this and apart from the pain being excruciating pre meds it really isnt as bad as I thought. Yes I was uncomfortable actually still am lol but for what you get in the end those first few days which are tough are so very worth it for the end result.

Oh and a little note to myself just because I'm healing each day I'm starting to think I can do more than I should. Tonight after my mum bathed my kids I thought I'd stretch my arm to the top of the wardrobe to get a nappy and as I turned to the side (thankfully) the bag of nappies fell and hit my hip right where the drain was. Ouch I dropped to my knees and was in severe pain. Lesson learnt on my end is that I still am healing.

I hope to post some pics after my check up this week with my awesome surgeon.
Love and Peace X

looking great! why is your BB bleeding?
Hi it's great to find an Aussie on here : ) what state are you in? I've got two kids under 6 , I do worry about my kids seeing me in hospital like this. What day did your kids come and how long were you in hospital? Did u have to get drains removed before you left? You must be healing good if you forgot about pain for a minute but my ps said at three weeks I'd feel great but don't lift till 6 weeks po
Hi I'm from Melbourne, Victoria. What about yourself? My kids came in to see me only once as my 3 yr old had a little bug so we kept him away from me. Was so hard not seeingg kiddies for 3 days but it had to be done. If I can do this op anyone can as I'm one of the biggest sooks around lol. I'm 2 and a half weeks pre op and feeling better, you just need to take it easy which is the hardest part for women with this recovery. My drains were removed 4 days post op I was lucky thank god. Good luck and when you booked to go
Just checking in to see how you're doing? I hope all is well :)
I'm getting there I just have some swelling still. I have hay fever so need to get some medicine today as this sneezing isn't the best lol. How you going
Two days post op Things still,a bit blurry, lol!
Told you first few days where hell. It's been 4.5 weeks for me now and I had a rough trot. Couldn't wear compression suit, as it caused more pain than it was worth so have swollen up more than most. small part of wound split, another got infected but on the mend and back exercising (walking0, no running yet) still can't fit into any of my pants, which I never thought would happen. So am a little peeved about that. But the results so far are great and I already feel better about myself. And I feel taller as I now stand up straight instead of hunching to hopide the bulge. So glad yours went well. You seem to be having a real easy time with it. Congrats and keep the pics coming. Remember to not overdo it.
Did you have to buy your compression garment or was it provided?
You poor darling that's horrible glad you're feeling better now. Don't worry I still have swelling and they've told me to take it easy cause if it gets bigger I'm gonna have to get drained which of course I don't want. Ill update my pics soon
Yaye for you!! Yep, I'm learning the same lesson. All the little things we can actually do... added up, equal a day of doing too much and swell hell later on when we most need sleep. God bless your Mum.
well sounds like you are doing well and as expected, cant wait to see more pics, hang in there and sounds like you know not to overdo it, best of luck to you
Oh, wow :) I'm sorry to read about the initial pain, but Very happy to read that your spirits are good and you're getting on better than expected! Can't wait to see some pics and do the before/after comparison :)) Healing thoughts to you :))
You're going to be so happy that you had this done. Sounds like you're doing very well. Can't wait to see updates.
Yaye for you darl. You look great already. Dulcolax suppositories are great. They work quick and are gentle. When the poo and wind behind it comes out, the pain and bloating is way less. When I sit on the loo I roll up a towel and place it in front of my belly and lean my elbows on it. Its helps the sore back and it braces your tummy when the compression garment is undone. So happy for you that you are recovering well.
Iv finally gone thank god. I'm slowly recovering and can't wait to update you guys with pics. X
Congrats! Happy healing! :)
Thanks heaps X
Looks like a success to me! congradulations!
Lookin good girl!
Thanks heaps X
yes MOM seems to be the best thing to use for constipation, you are gonna swell off and on for a while as your body is trying to heal and this is all part of it, don't be surprised if you are sore for a while and if your doc wants you to walk bent over make sure you do this till he/she tells you to stop, listen to doc and when you get a chance post some pics but don't overdo anything
Yep definitely walking crouched over lol. I know its a slow recovery and can't wait till the end results. X
looking fantastic, get some rest and try milk of magnesia, it works great.
Iv finally gone thank god. X