Thigh Lift with Lipo - Australia

I never liked my legs. I felt my legs were not...

I never liked my legs. I felt my legs were not firm. Plenty of muscles underneath all the wobbly fat! Never felt comfortable wearing shorts or swimming costume. I am getting married next year and i want to walk on the beach with my hubby and not feel self conscious. My partner loves every part of me, but whatever makes me happy he is happy for me to do what i want.

My arms? I have good muscle tone, but tuckshop arms won't go away (a term used in oz...canteen mums...wave bye bye and all the wobbles go with it. lol). And I work on them all the time. Been considering this operation for about 10 years. But haven't had the confidence to go ahead with it, especially my arms and the scar factor. But I have now definitely decided i want firm arms... it out weighs the scars, as i don't go sleevless in public.

I have just over 2 weeks to go before i go into surgery. Very nervous, I hope it is very safe, i want to be with my partner into old age, finally i have found a man who truly treats me like a princess. I am so happy. So watch this space as i will put before and after photos up. I think it is important for other women to see the outcome of such operations. I do find it hard to get to talk to many people out here who have been thru this. I have asked for many before and afters, but not always available.

Any tips, warnings or info before my op would be very appreciated. Be it good or bad.

Hi Charlie,

Very soon for you and I. So Exciting !!

The price you are paying is about the same here. I am leaving the state for a better price. I had quotes of $17,000 for my two procedures here, but found a doctor that seems to be just as talented further away who is charging me $12,000. This is for a bust lift with implants, and an arm lift.

In the US no insurance will pay for plastic surgery unless it is proven that your issues are detrimental to your health. If I am correct, I think that insurance companies refuse to pay for any problems that may arise due to a prior plastic surgery procedure.

My arms are quite heavy still with hanging fat and skin. My surgeon will be doing a brachioplasty with no lipo.

I am so overwhelmed with the thought of this time next week I will no longer be caring around my extra arms that I have been caring around with me for the last 22 years since I lost 120 pounds.

Signed,
Such A Pretty Face But..She Has Skinny Arms !! hee hee

PS . The such a pretty face things was because when I was a fat child I would always here, "she has such a pretty but it's too bad that she's so fat" I thought possibly other women on here had heard those words before as well.

Sorry, SMS, I am not savvy with this site, and i didn't know how to send a private message. I had known how I would have done it.
I have been wanting to send a private message to you, I will figure it out then.
Really sorry:-(

Thanks so much for that link....that is so helpful.
I have private health cover...it costs me around $25 a week.
I am covered for my hospital stay...I pay a gap of $250...that's all, the rest of my stay is paid for by my health fund. Medicare is our country's public health scheme, it covers two thirds of general health care. It will pay for part of the Anaesthetist fee. My private cover will pay a small amount of the anaesthetist and some surgery...Lipectomy wedge excision of skin or fat. All up my surgery is costing me $22,850. I will get back $1,357.70 from public and private health care for the surgery, and I willl get some back for the anaesthetist fee...not sure yet what figure. Lipo is not covered at all. Breakdown is $3,630.00 anaesthetist, theatre fee $2,220.00
Lipectomy wedge excision of skin or fat - Thigh lift $7,000.00
Liposuction - Medial & Lateral thighs $1,500.00
Garment (liposculpture) $280.00
Arms Lipectomy wedge excision of skin or fat,
$5,000.00
Liposuction - Arms $2,000.00
Assistant fee $825.00
TOTAL
GST $350.00
$16,955.00
How does that sound compared to what you are paying for?
I will be able to tell you how much a day stay is when i get my bill.
Not long now for you!!!

Well, 4 days before my surgery i was bumped!!!! I...

Well, 4 days before my surgery i was bumped!!!!
I was last on the list for the day and my surgeon didn't want me to be waiting all day and then some.
plus 6 1/2 hours of surgery...neither did I to be honest.
This was my 3rd attempt to get this done, have been planning it since 2008/2009.
So I guess I just am not suppose to have it done, i believe I am guided, have always been.
Still, if I cannot improve my legs,arms with more workouts and changed of diet - I will try again next year.
I hope all you ladies out there and going well and are happy with your results.
Good luck

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

On the 1 Feb 2013 - I have done it finally! I had...

On the 1 Feb 2013 - I have done it finally!
I had my thigh lift and lipo done and I am so very happy. 10 days in hospital which was wonderful....here in Australia we can stay as long as we need to.
I had 94 staples from just under my hip following the crease to my groin and to the back of my leg and just at the start of under my buttock.
I didn't experience pain, just very uncomfortable to move and sit on the toilet due to the swelling and bruising. Had to shuffle for the the 1st week, cannot spread my legs for 3 weeks as i have sutures attached to my pelvic bone this is for the lift, if i pull these, my doctors good work will be undone.
It is now 13 days post op. Getting around well. Just stiff after sitting and just takes a bit to warm up to walking normal again.
I am just so happy with the results now and they are swollen, so it is going to be a good result once it has all settled down.
Didn't do my arms, glad I didn't as it was good to use my arms for strength to lift my legs of the bed and of course using the toilet etc.
Will post pre and post photos in the next few days

Your doctor did an amazing job. Great results!! Take care of your investment.
Thank you :-) Yes, an investment well spent. Took me a few years to feel it was the right thing to do. So happy.
Yay! You finally posted an update! So glad you are doing so well and that it went off without a hitch. Hugs!

Day 30, I am so happy with results. No problems,...

Day 30, I am so happy with results.
No problems, bar one foot/lower leg swelling a week ago, i think due to sitting all day at work and not getting up enough to move around.
A bit stiff when i first get up to walk if sitting for a while, but once up and moving around can walk really well.
My scars are healing really well. Dr has got me to put silicone strips on scars all the time and a silicone gel in the groin area as the tape would not be able to stay on there. Fine scars.
Cant believe how skinny i look in jeans now, amazing. I don't have to worry about what sort of jeans or pants i buy now as i know I will always look good in them and not have to worry anymore about my thighs and how they look. My bottom is a bottom of its own now...lol, it blended into my thighs, so i thought my bum looked big, but it was my thighs making it look that way. Cannot believe the change of that now. I am still in my garment for another 2 weeks.

Wow u look fantastic! Good on you. With your scars do they extend to top/across buttocks?
Thank you so much for your comments. If you see the comment below to redwinelover you will hear the rest of the outcome. As for my scars, my first surgery I only had scars on my groin and along the crease of my legs to nearly in line with my hip, but on the leg. So what you see in those photos is the 1st surgery, I am going to put up my revision scars, this time I had my butt lifted and I now have scars across and top of my butt, but only to each side the bottom crease and it is a low scar so very happy about that. So when are you thinking of having your surgery?
ok, putting up more photos. I must say, the first couple of months when the swelling is going down the legs and butt look great, nice and smooth. I wish the swelling would stay, as they look the best then. I am now obsessed with getting these legs tighter. In saying that, I do love the way i look in clothes, couldn't be happier, but i want to wear shorts any my board shorts and not feel uncomfortable in front of people. So just beware, you could be up for revisions until you get it right. If you have a good doctor like mine, he will correct and not charge the gap fee. Good luck.

Revision photos of thighs

Revision done 4 months ago, i need another revision as scars are uneven under my butt and the back of my legs are soft and still dimpled, I had asked for the backs to be lifted twice now, still wasn't done, so not keen on the way they look. I am very happy the way I look in clothes, but I want to wear shorts in public, still not 100% confident.

Yours is the only one on here out of all the thigh lifts I believe that has your incision like this. I haven't seen another doctor do that here in the states. But I think your surgeon did a GREAT job. I know…slippery slope isn't it though….we could all keep going in for revision and revision but it'll never be quite perfect. I think you look great my dear!
I have had lipo 3 times! I've been told it does not get rid of cellulite, I gets rid of fat. That there's a difference and it can make cellulite worse. I'm also considering a butt lift but am def on the fence. My dr will not do lipo more than 3 times, but I need some fix! I'm not being at all negative here but from personal experience and other surgery- sometimes we can only work with and improve on what we got. Sometimes what we want we aren't actually physically able to have to the extent we want regardless of the surgery or surgeon. But I'd be happy with improvement. I must say ur improvement is incredible. Unsure about the uneven scars, did u ask him about that yet? You are incredibly brave tho! I'm scared just thinking about it! I think the wedge removal underneath would work great for me! My lipo or and cellulite is also bad on one side, drives me nuts! I have a good side in shorts and a bad side! Thanku so much for sharing ur pics and story. I'm heading to Sydney this week, I'm contemplating a consult.
Aussie21, look into Cellulaze for your cellulite. I think you will be happy with that procedure:)

3rd Revision March 28, 2014

I am over it now, I am finished getting it right, I am happy with the results. My doctor has given me great legs and butt! He does amazing work, the scars are so neat and fine and positioned well. It has taken a year to get the final result, but like i said it is my third revision. Apparently thigh lifts are the hardest to get right as they mark us up, but once on the table they can't stand us up to check if it is all even, my doctor did his best and has finished great. I wasn't charged anything more for the revision as he said i had paid a large amount to have it done orginally, so he is not going to charge anymore for fixing bits up that need it. He really is a good doctor, I have been very lucky to have him do the surgery. I have posted my 3rd revision photos up and as you can see it is all looking good.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Plus lipo on hips

I also had some lipo done on my hips and my bottom has been lifted and a wedge taken out of the back of my legs under my bottom to lift and tighten back of legs.

Why can't I see any photos? So frustrating. I think you're the woman I pm'd last year! I'm glad you're happy with your surgeries!
Oh, I am sorry, just took them off this week, I got freaked out as they came up on Google. Of you want me to send you some let me know. Am happy to. Have you had it done yet?
Oh please do! I had it done in Feb, along with the rear portion of a lower body lift. The entire surgery needs to be redone. Horrible results and worse scarring. I'd be thrilled to see what actual results should be. Thank you!
Sydney Plastic Surgeon

Very highly recommended. My cousin is a doctor...so word of mouth.