tummy tuck blues - Austin, TX

I had my TT done on the 8th of this Month and...

I had my TT done on the 8th of this Month and trust me it has not been a smooth ride! All I see is the swollen yummy and the ugly scars, and to make matters worse I have some terrible blisters around the incision, which are popping and turning into open wounds anytime I try to take out the tape to clean the incisions. Pooping has been extremely painful, bleeding around the anus anytime I go now, considering seriously of taking a herbal tea that'll help me go!!
I know the end result will be a good one, but right now I just want to see a little bit of difference that'll let me know I made the right choice!!
Hubby has been so encouraging, tells me there is a difference already, all I have to do is hang in there!!
As for the drains...they don't bother me that much. one of them is out, the other one is still in but there hardly isn't much fluid in it, so hoping it comes out on my next visit to my doctor.
I'm seriously looking forward to better days.

SLEEP O SLEEP!!!

So I Thot I should update you all on how it's going with me. I'm 10 days post op, yet to see my flat abs but hanging on real tight hoping to see them abs real soon!
I'm generally doing gd, blisters are drying up...really happy bout that...vinegar did the trick!!
The major problem I av now is sleeping, I never had problems with sleeping but last nite was really hard... Sleeping on my back feels like my tummy us stretching out and my stitches will burst open, I wonder why I suddenly feel like that? Anyone had that experience?
Well I decided to add my before and after pictures, just like my hubby, I do not see much difference... Oh well, I guess time wil tell!!

Me now!!

YIPPEE!! BOTH DRAINS OUT

Just came in from seeing my PS, she said I'm doing great, also took out my drains and said to make sure I always have my compression band on because that will help with any fluid build up that MAY occur as a result of taking out my drains.
Wow!! Cant believe how normal I feel as result of no more drains!!
Here are some pictures I took after the drains came out, mind you I am still swollen and I look super flat already...SUPER HAPPY!!

SCAR TREATMENT BEGINS!!

Ok.. call it too soon, but I have decided to start my scar treatment exactly 2 weeks post op. My fear about this surgery in the first place was the scar... honestly I was seriously freaking out about that!!
My first consultation with my PS was what actually made me mellow a little bit, as she pointed out that my 2 caesarean sections scars from my previous pregnancies where totally invisible, so that means I heal well yippee!!
Trust me, that gave me a little bit of confidence and thus I decided to take my chances with the scary SCAR!!!!
So here I am, starting my treatment even though I did nothing about my previous C-section scars which really did clear out on their own....I guess its true what they say about time healing all wounds!!!
Well I guess a little push by me won't hurt either...So wish me luck :)

LOOKING GOOD, FEELING GOOD

Its been over 4 weeks now and I not only look good but feel good too. Its just feels great to be myself again..
The scar is healing great, very happy about that.... here are some pictures to show my progress so far...

EXERCISING AGAIN...YIPEE!!

My scar is healing pretty nicely... sure with time its will fade off completely.
Also started taking a walk today.. feels so good to be able to get back on exercising. Are you still thinking of getting your procedure done? Waste no more time and get right to it...trust me, you'll be glad you did!!!

ON A GREAT TRACK!!

Saw my PS today and she said I'm doing great...healing super well! okayed me working out, so starting my core abs workout!!
Feeling super great, though I still feel some numbness below my belly button, sure will have soon feelings soon...so not bothered!!
Well this has been a great journey and I'm enjoying every bit of it :-)

NEVER GIVEUP ON YOUR TTUCK DREAM!!!

Well what more can I say? Every thing is going great since my surgery...living each day as it comes..
I have been dedicated to my work out routine... enjoying the hard work and loving the results that comes with it:)
Still can't feel much below my belly button, hopefully with time I'll get my feelings back!!
Attached are pictures of the progress so far.. Hope it'll encourage someone who is still trying to make a decision on getting a TTuck!!
Synergy Plastic Surgery

Dr Amy S. Bekanich, M.D is a very sweet and patient doctor, Glad I chose her as my doctor.

You are looking great! We had similar bellies and I'm so glad I did the TT too. Your scar is looking great too. I can't wait to see your scar at the one year mark. Take care.
One of the best tt resuts i have ever seen!
Thanks jules73...
looking good! happy healing.
@justcallmebri... Thank you
You look great. Your scar is healing so nicely!
@TX2fertummy.. Thank you, it's get clearer by the day!!
You look fantastic! Loving your results!
Thank you Getit2gther... Love me results too :)
Good for you thats great news! I can hear the happiness in your writing. You deserve it well done!
Thank you...@jules73... Truly happy bout d results..
I'm excited about Dr. Bekanich over all of the other doctor's that I have spoken with. In your opinion, how would you rate your experience? Your progress looks great and you look amazing!
Trust me Kimberly.. She truly is great... Am so glad I chose her... She listens to you and tries to give you the best of what you want.. Told her i wanted d scar on my bikini line and that's what I got! Just like any other surgery it was hard at the beginning.. but with time you will recover great. I'm so glad I had this done.. My body is recovering nice.. Started working out too...nothing too drastic though! So if you thinking of having this done? Waste no time at all.. You sure will be glad you did. All the best!!
Thanks! We are going to make a decision next week after one last consult with another Doctor in Round Rock. I am excited and nervous but I know it will be worth it. I can't wait to not look 5 months pregnant all of the time!
Go for it, im sure it will fade fine
@jules73...Permit me say AMEN!!..... Thank you lots!!
Yippee for the drains coming out! Makes such a Hughes difference in how you will feel. Ur swelling will start to go down now, my swelling peaked around 10 days then I started downsizing my CG just about every 10 days.
Thank you tmicpa, feel so free finally... swelling going down gradually...so happy about that!!
You go girl and trust me we all get depressed i think i even cursed a few people! Lol this is major surgery but like me you to will prevail just focus on the prize and distract your mind as much as possible. Any questions just ask me:)
Thank you so much nikkie37... I sure will!! Keep inspiring newbies like me!!!
Daretobelieve I think you look great. I see a huge difference !! I had trouble sleeping early on too. It does pass. Thank goodness. I sleep like a baby now at almost 5 weeks PO
Thank you DJW... Sleeping is much Berra now, but looking forward to sleeping like a baby!!
Pop some pillows under your knees when laying on your back
@jules73....tried that... Think I'm just tired of sleeping on my back... I'm more of a side and tommy flat kinda sleeper... Guess I just have to suck it up and try to enjoy my sleep as much as I can... That's a little price I pay for wanting a flat ab I guess!
Think im going to be the same. I have also been told that when im really tired i snore a bit when im on my back, totally not true of cause!! Lol