58 Yr Old Lost Weight and Need to Remove Extra Skin and Middle Buldge. - Austin, TX

Can't wait for the flat stomach, than my clothes...

Can't wait for the flat stomach, than my clothes will feel right with out lumps and bumps. This will increase my confidence on how I feel. I exercise, eat well and the middle is still there. The older I get the harder it is to loose the fat. Skin tightness is less at my age. My friend just had her tummy tuck by the doctor I sent her too and looks amazing.

preop visit

I went for my preop visit today, so exciting the time is getting closer. Preparation time begins, appts. for hair coloring and cut, dog shots and grooming, and food prep.

18 days preop

Tried to take a few pictures 18 days before surgery. Prescriptions filled and almost all preparations in order.

Getting Closer

11 days before TT surgery. Following strict instructions, taking my preop vitamins, no alcohol, great eating, lots of greens and proteins and exercising as much as I can before because I know after will not be able to do too much.

8 day pre

Getting really anxious but feel great

TT in the am

I can't believe the day is here. So excited but nerves are setting in. Hope I sleep tonight, drinking tons of water to keep hydrated. Will post when home tomorrow

Surgery

I made it. I am now in recliner which has been a life saver. I came home with a Foley catheter for over nite. I also gave 2 drains and a pain pump.

First post-op day

Doing quite well, taking my pain meds every 4 hrs, using anti gas drops and heating pad on back. Will take pictures this weekend. I have 2 drains and pain pump.

2nd day post op

Gas is the worst, it comes and goes. I try to keep getting up and moving without being to sore. Weaning off pain pills and trying for only Tylenol. Pain meds are constipating.

4 days post op

I became brave, took off binder to snap a picture. My dressings, stitches come out on Friday at 8 days post-op. I am very pleased so far, abdomen is tight but to me looks good. My doctor removed a 10 yr old seroma/ scar tissue and all mesh from old hernia repair around navel, he also closed abdominal muscles.

5th Post-op day

Last night I actually slept in my bed for the first time. I have a temperpedic mattress and propped pillows to sleep at 45 degrees and had my foot stool for elevation on getting in and out of bed. Starting to Stand and walk taller as each day passes. Only taking 1/2 pain pill every 8 hrs and a full pill for bedtime. Everything seems to get better with each new day.

Improvement

I was able to start ibuprofen/aleve today. Oh my gosh, I am human again. I can move with ease, standing taller, back pain almost gone!!!!

Day 6 post TT

Each day is a new day, went to grocery store with hubby, how exhausting because you still are not standing tall and are taking smaller strides so nothing pulls or tugs. Time for a nap!!

9 days post op

I over did my activity today with out resting and had some swelling. Finally rested in recliner with feet up and swelling disappeared.

2wks post op

Feeling good, walked on treadmill for 45 minutes today, wearing binder when working out. Some swelling(tightness) when up too long.

Almost 5 weeks post op

Feeling great, flat in the morning, with minimal swelling sometimes by afternoon. The hardest is having a daily BM.
Austin Plastic Surgeon

So far loving my results and I am now almost 5weeks post-op. The whole OR team and staff were amazing, thank you for your great care. As each day passes, the results get better. Doing more and more as each day passes. Can't wait till I can do my pilates again.