Made It!

Hi everyone. I've been trolling RS for a few weeks...

Hi everyone. I've been trolling RS for a few weeks now so thought I should go ahead and introduce myself. I'm so glad I found this site. Between YouTube and this site I feel very informed and have been taking lots notes. I'm 5'1, currently weigh about 128 but I'd like to lose about 10-15 pounds pounds. I'd been overweight since I was about 8 years old and in 2010 I finally decided to do something about it once and for all. I lost 65 pounds through Weigh Watchers and group fitness classes. I have been maintaining my weight loss for two years now and although I've worked really hard, I still have a big belly. It's smaller than it was, obviously, but I'd like it to just go away. I'm tired of not feeling comfortable in my own skin and I want my clothes to fit better across my midsection. I'm ready to have a flat a tummy with no overhang. lol. So far I've had two consultations - both have gone really well. I have two more lined up on Monday and then I'll make my decision on which surgeon to go with. I'm so excited and totally addicted to this site. Can't wait until I'm the one posting about my TT experience. Cheers!

Much needed tummy tuck...

Attached pictures of my yucky belly. Can't wait until I'm on the flat side!

Found my Surgeon

I'm so thrilled that I found my surgeon! I have met with three PSs total. I initially thought I was going with the second one I met until I had a consult with the third. Incidentally, I also had a forth consultation scheduled after him but cancelled since I knew my search was over. I am going be calling this week to put down a deposit and schedule the big day. I'm so excited, anxious, and scared, as this will be my first surgery EVER. I know I'll be in capable hands but I still will be sending prayers up for a smooth and non eventful surgery.

March 04, 2014

Surgery has been scheduled. March 04, 2014. The countdown is on! I'm nervous, scared, and excited...but sooooo ready!

4 Weeks To Go!

I can't believe my surgery is four weeks away. It's becoming more of an actuality than just some fantasy I've been dreaming of. I am trying not to visit this site too often because I keep coming across the horror stories as opposed to the normal minor setbacks that are expected. Those more serious complications are freaking me out just a wee bit. To the point where I'm starting to question whether or not to really go through with the surgery. Deep down I know I will be in good hands and I completely trust my doctor and I have faith that I will be just fine. But I do think about the "what if's" a lot. Trying very hard not to obsess about it and focus on only what I can control. Everything is in God's hands regardless. I can tell y'all that I am so thankful for a forum like this that allows us all to keep it real and lean on each other for support and encouragement. What a blessing. Anyway, right now I'm getting all my ducks in a row so I can be fully prepared and ready to go.

Let the countdown begin!

12 days, 12 hours to go!

Eek. Only two weeks until my big day. I have my pre-op appt on Monday. Feeling pretty giddy...and still a wee bit nervous about being put under and someone cutting me up. Just hoping I survive and can get back here and announce that I've made it to the flat side. But it's all good, I'm in God's hands. But please keep me and my doctor and all the tending staff in the OR in your prayers. ;-)

Just a couple days to go.

Time is flying by! I feel good and am at ease about the whole process. I left my pre-op appointment feeling completely ready. Love my doctor and his staff! I have all my post op instructions and supplies so I think I'm good to go. I am excited and so happy I'm finally able to get this done. Go me!

Made it to the flat side!

My doctor is amazing. My sister said he said removed a little over a pound. Muscle separation was bad; as if I had carried twins. I have been resting and going for small walks around the house. Had a little something to eat and now I'm back in the bed resting, about to go back to sleep. I get to take a shower tomorrow. Cool. Happy Healing everyone!

Made it!

Just wanted to let everyone I made it just fine to the flat side. I'm not in a lot of pain, just super sore. Drains aren't too much of an annoyance but I am already ready for them to come out. I'm super happy I did this! No regrets!

Minus One Drain

Got one of my drains out today. Yay! It was a piece of cake. Recovery is going great. I'm not standing 100% straight yet but getting there. Thought I'd be able to do a little work from home this week but haven't really been able to muster the energy. I do go back to work on Monday though. I'm so ready but at the same time I soooooo don't want to. Hope I can make it the whole day. I'll cross that bridge when I get to it though. One more week off would have been good. I've been improving each day so I'm sure by the time Monday rolls around I'll be A-OK. ;-) All in all I'm still pleased with how everything has been going. Excited for the weeks to roll by so I can see the final results and start planning my BA, cause you know that's what's coming next! lol
Dr Thompson

Dr. T is unconventional and I love that about him. He is an artist and is simply the best. He rocks! His staff is pretty awesome too. I could sing his praises for days and days.