Picosure Tattoo Removal

I have an ankle tattoo that is 16 years old. It...

I have an ankle tattoo that is 16 years old. It goes all the way around my ankle. I had one Picosure treatment in July. Having had previous laser treatments, I will say the Picosure is FAR superior. I had substantial fading after the first treatment. I just had my second treatment yesterday and am anxiously awaiting the results. I would definitely recommend Picosure. The only issue is that there are not many available yet, and I travel 7 hours to have the treatments. Despite that, it's worth it because I desperately want to be rid of this tattoo.

2nd Treatment

Okay, this is one week after my second treatment. It's really bizarre, because this time I did not blister AT ALL. In fact, it was barely swollen. A complete turn around from the first treatment, in which I blistered horribly and could barely put weight on my foot from the pain. So weird to me that there was such a difference. The fading is not as noticeable, but the DR said it wouldn't be due to less pigment. It seems to still be fading. I am posting a view from the top of the tattoo so you can see the light spots that occurred after the first treatment.

3rd Treatment

So I had my 3rd treatment on Monday. This one was more painful than the last, and this one really swelled and blistered. The first one did as well, but the second one did not. The woman who did my procedure this time said the body can adjust to it, and therefore not react as bad. She said that is why they don't like patients to wait longer than 4-5 weeks before returning. Having said that, she also said the body can react differently each time, so the difference in each of my treatments is not unusual. I am 3 days out and still fairly swollen. Blisters still oozing. SUPER FUN!!! Anyway, I am still very optimistic about this tattoo coming off. The nurse said it was fading great and would DEFINATELY come off. She said my hypopigmentation should fade back to normal over time. Sounds good to me :)

9 days after 3rd treatment

16 days after 3rd treatment

Before tx & after 3rd tx

2 weeks after 4th tx

I am healed from my 4th treatment. Still a ways to go, but I am pleased with the progress so far. My hypopigmentation has healed tremendously :)

Before and after 4th tx

Top of tattoo

Here is a pic of the top of the tattoo showing hypopigmentation after the first treatment. The second picture is after the 4th treatment. You can see the hypopigmentation has gone away :)

2.5 months since 4th TX

It's been over 2 months since my last treatment (oct. 16) and I feel like my tattoo has continued to fade. I'm going to try and get my 5th treatment this week.

Treatment 5 at Skintastic in Dallas

Gosh I haven't been on here in a while! So I had my 5th treatment 8 weeks ago at Skintastic in Dallas. This was my first time there and they are great. I loved Dr. Adelglass and Karen is awesome. They would not do the entire circumference of my ankle in one visit due to swelling and compromising of the lymphatic system. I must say this decreased my pain and swelling immensely. The only drawback is having to go back in 2 weeks to do the rest. I just bring a friend and have a shopping trip :)

Treatment 6

I had my 6th pico treatment yesterday in Dallas. I expressed that I was getting discouraged and Karen was very encouraging. She moved the setting to 2.8 this time. It frosted great and she was pleased, hoping I will have noticeable results. I hope so too!!!!

Not sure what to think......

Well, I had my 6th tx in March and then took the summer off. I do believe it has continued to fade, although I am very ran and it's hard to tell. Parts of the tattoo, especially the top, almost seemed to get lighter as I got darker. Not sure if this is hypopigmentation still, or what. Maybe once, or, if- I should say- the tattoo is completely removed, that skin will no longer tan? Afraid I might have a "ghost" of my original tattoo. I don't really know what to expect at this point. I plan on resuming my treatments this fall, after my tan fades. Hopefully, God willing, I can be free of this tattoo by next summer. I've attached some pics of what it currently looks like.

Side by side view

Before treatment and current
Westlake Dermatology

This facility is amazing. It is a gorgeous office, the front desk girls are extremely friendly and helpful, and both of the Dr.'s I have seen have been wonderful. They gave me realistic expectations and completely professional service. I can't praise them enough.