Hope This is the Cure! - Austin, TX

I have had hyperhidrosis since I was born (I...

I have had hyperhidrosis since I was born (I recently turned 20.) I have been told I have very severe hyperhidrosis: underarms, hands, feet, groin, and legs. I'm glad my parents said no when I asked for ETS surgery in middle school, as I have heard bad things about it. After years of telling me I would grow out of my sweating, even though it only got worse every year, my parents finally gave in and allowed me to start doing something about it with Miradry!

I got my first treatment done on May 30th, 2013, at Westlake Dermatology, and it took about an hour. My first treatment was at a level 4, with my doctor telling me she would probably set it to a level 5 for my second procedure. I got 33 lidocaine shots in each armpit, which was rather painful, not going to lie. I didn't feel anything during the actual procedure except an odd sensation in my elbows. The lidocaine made me so jittery that my body was jumping around for a good 20 minutes. After the procedure was done I was lightheaded so they gave me something to eat and had me sit down for about 10-15 minutes before I drove home. I recommend eating something beforehand to prevent that from happening.

From what I've seen in other reviews, my swelling isn't as bad as most others, but I am a rather small person so that might have something to do with it. I have had a bit of swelling in my arms though, more so in my right arm. Also, unlike other reviews, the day after my procedure my armpits were not merely "uncomfortable"; they hurt. The best way I can describe it is a really terrible deep sunburn with crappy numbing gel that only makes it worse. Odd description, I know, but that's all I could think of. Today, 2 days after, they are just uncomfortable but not hurting anymore. I haven't really been testing out the results yet as I have been constantly icing and staying in my air conditioned apartment, but I know that my sweating has decreased. I have had a little bit of moisture under my arms, I would say a 1/10 on my sweat scale. Today between icings, I wore my goal shirt (my shirt I hope to be able to wear without pit stains) for a couple of hours and had about a dime sized stain on my right underarm. This is a miracle considering I have never been able to wear the shirt before because within 10 minutes I would have baseball sized stains in each armpit. I can say it is extremely weird to feel my armpits and have them be completely dry considering I can't remember them ever not having any moisture on them. I'm not getting my hopes up though, as I am scared I will be disappointed and I'm convinced the swelling probably stops a bit of sweat. I'm willing to bet that if Miradry works for me (the world's sweatiest person, as dubbed by my friends), it will probably work for you.

I have had phantom sweating as others have talked about, where it feels like I'm sweating but I'm not. Last night I had a nightmare that I woke up and my armpits were dripping sweat to my legs while in bed. I only know it was a dream because gravity doesn't work that way when laying down, but I'm sure the anxiety from my sweating will cause a few more of these dreams. Has anyone else had sweating nightmares?

I will keep updating this review as time goes on. Feel free to ask me anything in the comments, and I will do my best to answer any question you may have! :)

Side note: I recommend wearing tank tops or camis the days following the procedure as they are easy and comfortable!
Kristie Obranovich