Hope This is the Cure! - Austin, TX

I have had hyperhidrosis since I was born (I...

I have had hyperhidrosis since I was born (I recently turned 20.) I have been told I have very severe hyperhidrosis: underarms, hands, feet, groin, and legs. I'm glad my parents said no when I asked for ETS surgery in middle school, as I have heard bad things about it. After years of telling me I would grow out of my sweating, even though it only got worse every year, my parents finally gave in and allowed me to start doing something about it with Miradry!

I got my first treatment done on May 30th, 2013, at Westlake Dermatology, and it took about an hour. My first treatment was at a level 4, with my doctor telling me she would probably set it to a level 5 for my second procedure. I got 33 lidocaine shots in each armpit, which was rather painful, not going to lie. I didn't feel anything during the actual procedure except an odd sensation in my elbows. The lidocaine made me so jittery that my body was jumping around for a good 20 minutes. After the procedure was done I was lightheaded so they gave me something to eat and had me sit down for about 10-15 minutes before I drove home. I recommend eating something beforehand to prevent that from happening.

From what I've seen in other reviews, my swelling isn't as bad as most others, but I am a rather small person so that might have something to do with it. I have had a bit of swelling in my arms though, more so in my right arm. Also, unlike other reviews, the day after my procedure my armpits were not merely "uncomfortable"; they hurt. The best way I can describe it is a really terrible deep sunburn with crappy numbing gel that only makes it worse. Odd description, I know, but that's all I could think of. Today, 2 days after, they are just uncomfortable but not hurting anymore. I haven't really been testing out the results yet as I have been constantly icing and staying in my air conditioned apartment, but I know that my sweating has decreased. I have had a little bit of moisture under my arms, I would say a 1/10 on my sweat scale. Today between icings, I wore my goal shirt (my shirt I hope to be able to wear without pit stains) for a couple of hours and had about a dime sized stain on my right underarm. This is a miracle considering I have never been able to wear the shirt before because within 10 minutes I would have baseball sized stains in each armpit. I can say it is extremely weird to feel my armpits and have them be completely dry considering I can't remember them ever not having any moisture on them. I'm not getting my hopes up though, as I am scared I will be disappointed and I'm convinced the swelling probably stops a bit of sweat. I'm willing to bet that if Miradry works for me (the world's sweatiest person, as dubbed by my friends), it will probably work for you.

I have had phantom sweating as others have talked about, where it feels like I'm sweating but I'm not. Last night I had a nightmare that I woke up and my armpits were dripping sweat to my legs while in bed. I only know it was a dream because gravity doesn't work that way when laying down, but I'm sure the anxiety from my sweating will cause a few more of these dreams. Has anyone else had sweating nightmares?

I will keep updating this review as time goes on. Feel free to ask me anything in the comments, and I will do my best to answer any question you may have! :)

Side note: I recommend wearing tank tops or camis the days following the procedure as they are easy and comfortable!
Kristie Obranovich

I just had my 1st treatment yesterday. Were your armpits hot and clammy the second day? It almost feels like they are wet, but they are no where near what they were.
How long after the first procedure did the tingling take to go away? And the swelling? Congratulations on your success :-)
The soreness and tingling took few weeks I would say. I still have very minimal numbness on the skin around my armpits, but I only notice it when I have an itch and it just feels odd to scratch it. The swelling was completely gone within a week.
im looking into this, you pay upfront or do they offer payment plans?
I paid up front, but they might have payment plans.
So did the axillary procedure help with sweating in other areas like palms of hands and groin area??
No it hasn't as it is a localized procedure. However, not having to worry as much about my armpit sweat has made my overall sweating easier to manage.
Omg I want this so badly!!! Is it worth the pain? Did you have to take time off work??
So far it's worth it! Thankfully I'm not working right now because I'm taking summer classes, but I recommend giving yourself 3 or so days to recover.
Yay that's good to hear! I'm chicken shit though lol. And I just got a boob job so no more allowed time off from work. Maybe next year?:( I hope you heal fast!!!