6 Months Post-Op - Austin, TX

I am a avid exerciser. After turning 50, and...

I am a avid exerciser. After turning 50, and seeing that fat around my belly button, flanks and inner thights would not go away no matter how much I exercised, I decided to have lipo done in Feb. 2011.

First of all, it hurts ALOT more than they lead you to believe, but it is bearable after a few days.  I can handle pain, but it felt like I had been run over by a truck and the bruising, especially on my thights, was alot more than I expected.  It took probably a month for all the bruising to go away.

I am 6 months post-lipo, and I'd say overall I am happy with the results, however, I feel that the area around my belly button should have had better results.  One side of my tummy sticks out a little farther than the other side and there also seems to be a hard spot to the left of my belly button.

When I went in for my 3 month post-op I mentioned it to my doctor and he injected the area around my belly button with something (don't remember what it was called) that was supposed help dissolve the fat.  That hurt almost as much as the lipo!  My tummy was swollen and extremely tender for several days and I don't think it really did anything.

I continue to exercise everyday (walking, running, exercise videos)in an effort not to gain anymore fat in other places, because I don't think I would ever do the surgery again.

I've attached before and after pictures.  You be the judge.

Hey n50, How are you feeling now that more than 3 years have passed? Did you gain any weight at all - and if so - did it redistribute to other areas of your body? I'm supposed to do lipo on abs, flanks and love handles in 10 days and wish someone would write something about their experience a few years after surgery...
you look amazing !
How are you still doing? I went to west lake myself for a consultation but I still can't make up my mind between smart lipo wit dr. Broder at beleza med spa and dr. Craven? Please help
Dr. Chris Craven