6 Months Post-Op - Austin, TX

I am a avid exerciser. After turning 50, and...

I am a avid exerciser. After turning 50, and seeing that fat around my belly button, flanks and inner thights would not go away no matter how much I exercised, I decided to have lipo done in Feb. 2011.

First of all, it hurts ALOT more than they lead you to believe, but it is bearable after a few days.  I can handle pain, but it felt like I had been run over by a truck and the bruising, especially on my thights, was alot more than I expected.  It took probably a month for all the bruising to go away.

I am 6 months post-lipo, and I'd say overall I am happy with the results, however, I feel that the area around my belly button should have had better results.  One side of my tummy sticks out a little farther than the other side and there also seems to be a hard spot to the left of my belly button.

When I went in for my 3 month post-op I mentioned it to my doctor and he injected the area around my belly button with something (don't remember what it was called) that was supposed help dissolve the fat.  That hurt almost as much as the lipo!  My tummy was swollen and extremely tender for several days and I don't think it really did anything.

I continue to exercise everyday (walking, running, exercise videos)in an effort not to gain anymore fat in other places, because I don't think I would ever do the surgery again.

I've attached before and after pictures.  You be the judge.

Dr. Chris Craven

Hey n50, How are you feeling now that more than 3 years have passed? Did you gain any weight at all - and if so - did it redistribute to other areas of your body? I'm supposed to do lipo on abs, flanks and love handles in 10 days and wish someone would write something about their experience a few years after surgery...
you look amazing !
How are you still doing? I went to west lake myself for a consultation but I still can't make up my mind between smart lipo wit dr. Broder at beleza med spa and dr. Craven? Please help
I don't have any bumps or lumps in my inner thighs. There is a small indention on my right thigh but only when I bend over do I notice it. Have you checked into Cool Sclupting? I haven't tried but seems like a possible alternative to lipo. I also think that keeping up with exercising will help maintain your outcome. Good luck with your surgery!
Can you tell me if you have any hard lumps, bumps, especially in the inner thigh area. I am so afraid to get lipo of inner and outer thigh area b/c I am 40 and am afraid of sagging skin, lumps, dents,etc. I have 2 small childern so I am not in the shape I used to be due to raising them right now. But I am not super heavy either, 5'3 and 132 lbs. I am having a tt with flank lipo but just can't decide on thighs so wanted to ask you how your experience has been with hard spots, etc now that you are further out from recovery.

You look GREAT by the way! :)
You look fantastic n50!!!
I wore the compression garment and corset for 1 week and then my doctor switched me over to Spanx for the next 2 weeks, so depending on what your doctor prescribes, I'd say at least a week. The first week, you are pretty sore, but I was walking a couple of miles after the 2nd or 3rd day. I started working out again after about 3 weeks, starting out slowly and working into it. I'm not sure what areas you are planning to have done, but I waited until I was out of my Spanx (since you have to wear them basically 24 hrs. a day) before my husband and I had sex.
WOW! Your pics are amazing! How long did it take you to recover..as in how long to you think I should take off of work, assuming I dont want anyone to know what I had done. How long did you have abdominal pain? How do after were you able to start working out? And even a more personal level how long do you think I would have to wait to be intimate?
I can tell from your before pics that you were in great shape. Your after photos are amazing. You have the body of an INSHAPE 21 yo!

I was a triathlete for 10 years and I constantly workout a lot. I've seen a lot of great bodies, and you are right up there.

Hi there: I am interested in finding this doctor, but can't seem to find on the net. Can you email me with some details as I am very interested in the same type of surgery. I am 34 years old and also work out; running, personal training, yoga etc. but can't get rid of that stubborn abdominal fat. You look FABULOUS!

Dr. Craven is with Westlake Dermatology on Bee Caves Road. He is a board certified plastic surgeon. Let me know if you need any more information or can't find them on the web. Good Luck!
Thank you for the compliment. I think that you probably are still somewhat swollen. I had areas that were numb and tingly and they took several months to subside. It also seemed that at times I would be a little swollen. I'm sure you look great. Have you posted any pictures? I think we expect these amazing results immediately. Give it more time and keep working out and I'm sure you will be happy with the results.
You look amazing. I had my stomach and flanks done 2 months ago and have not lost any inches!! He says I'm still swollen. I'm 46 and in great shape. I work out but I feel like my stomach is the same. I want the results, the $6,500 result!!
50??!!! What?! You look amazing! I can't personally see any issues around your belly button - or anywhere. I've never even commented before, but I was blown away by your pics.
Thank you. I think my belly button area has gotten more flat over the course of time. I'm now 7 months post-op and just feel better about how I look in a swimsuit and don't have that muffin top hanging over my jeans. Overall, I'd say it was worth it.
how much time passed after the operation when you made those pictures?
These were taken in June, so 4 months after the surgery.
I think you look great! I'm a triathlete, and I have had the same difficulties you mentioned. I am so ready for this. As long as they make drugs, I can handle it.
I only took the vicodin they gave me the day of the surgery. After that, I just took extra strength tylenol for a few days or when I needed it. I went for a 2 mile walk about the 3rd day after surgery and continued to take walks everyday. After about a month, I started doing exercise videos. Good luck if you decide to do it.