Permanent Lip Implants Made Me Look Younger, Sexier, More Expressive - Austin, TX

I love my permanent lip implants because they have...

I love my permanent lip implants because they have changed my appearance for the better, in a very subtle way, and make me look and feel a lot younger. Photos of me come out better, too, because the thicker lips give more '3 dimensionality' to my face.

But best of all, they're permanent. Unlike temporary fillers, they don't 'wear off' in 3-6 months, nor do they have that 'half-life' effect (meaning that in the beginning your lips are over-injected and too fat, but then gradually shrink back to their original size. In other words, there's only a small window of time when your lips look the way you'd like them to look.

Of course, Octamom looks ridiculous with her huge 'gummy worm' permanent lip inserts that she had put in--you can even see how she hooks the upper 'worm' on her upper teeth to create that peculiar smile that she thinks looks like Angelina Jolie's. You don't want to look ridiculous--.

But done right, permanent lip enhancement looks really feminine and lovely.

Updated on Jul 23, 2009
Pros: Makes me look younger, sexier; adds dimension and character to my facial expressions.

Yes, worth it. Would definitely recommend my doctor in Austin TX.

Cost: $2200, I think, for both upper and lower lips. Pain minimal.

Cons?: Can't think of any at this time--and believe me, I'd tell you if I did. I'm wondering if thicker inserts would have looked nicer and I'll ask my doctor about it--he said the inserts are easy to remove if necessary--but I don't want to look like Octamom, either.

Hi Chelamia, Are you also 'Marcella?' Because I think I just emailed you a long email. I had the undereye fat transplants for a hefty $2500 in 2002 and yes, although not totally reabsorbed enough of it disappeared that I had undereye implant surgery performed in 2009 for $2200 by an excellent surgeon, Dr. Apostolakis, in Austin TX. Definitely go with the implants, if you can find a surgeon you trust. OR call Dr. Apostolakis--he'll talk to you personally--and consider the airfare to go to him for it. Air from Phila. to Austin is about $300.00 these days--not much compared to cost of surgeries.
Truecolors...I just e-mailed you and forgot to ask you about the fat transplants which I've heard is good but that it can be reabsorbed...Where did they take the fat and put it? I think I recall it is expensive (how much?) but if it lasted a few years, that is better than one year like Juvaderm and those types of fillers don't you think? Have you heard of artfill or silikon for filler type of use? Nothing is permanent but they are moreso than the other but also I've heard more risk involved. I need to research more. Two doctors here love it but majority warn against it.
By the way, the photo of me to the left, which shows only the center of my face? That photo of me was taken pre-undereye implants, although I had had some fat transplants done before the photo was taken. The fat transplants helped but they were enormously expensive and unfortunately my body began to reabsorb the transplanted fat over the next few years.

I don't say things I don't mean. I've...

I don't say things I don't mean. I've had more experience with plastic surgery than the average person, and Dr. Apostolakis deserves the 5 stars I'm giving him. It matters a lot that Dr. Apostolakis does surgery ONLY on the face and that he was referred to me by other medical professionals. Dr. Apostolakis is a perfectionist, and when it comes to facial surgery perfectionism is what you want.

Austin Facial Plastic Surgeon

He only does the face, no other parts of the body, because he cares about doing quality work.