*3 months post op* 425/450 cc Silicon Smooth Round HP unders - Austin, TX

I am 31 years old and have 2 children (3 yrs and...

I am 31 years old and have 2 children (3 yrs and 14 months) that I nursed/pumped for 11 months each. I also was about 20 lbs heavier before babies. These two things combined has left me with tiny, empty breasts that I refer to as my "sad sacks". I was never a boob gal per se and never considered a BA until my milk dried up this last time and I realized just how little I was left with. I started contemplating the idea and found this site and have been hooked on the idea ever since. It has been so helpful to read the reviews of others and so I decided to get in here and do it too.

My husband was just supportive at first. The whole "if you want to do it, do it" attitude and now has become excited about the idea which has really helped as well.

Had my consultation with Dr. Kerr on Saturday and really liked him. He was very professional, yet warm and welcoming, and made me feel very comfortable with the surgery. The office staff was wonderful as well. I am doing silicon mod plus under the muscle using the funnel. We tried sizers - started with 375cc and then tried 425 cc - and as of now I am planning on 425 cc. I'm looking for the typical "full C" but what is that?? I have no idea. Everyone looks so different with the same size - it is so hard to tell!!! He said I may need a little more volume in the right breast, but we will wait and see during surgery. I am posting pics of my before as well as with the sizers. Thoughts on size? I know everyone always says go slightly bigger than you are comfortable with... the 425 felt kind of big and heavy, but that is probably because I am used to NOTHING!!! I don't want to go too big, but don't want to get used to the size and then wish I went bigger. Hmm...

My BA is scheduled for June 13 and I made the deposit today! My pre-op is May 28. Excited to get to surgery day!! Hoping the recover is as easy as some of you ladies make it look! I will have my hubby around for the weekend and then my mom will be helping with the kids for the next few days until I feel like I can do it alone.

Pre-op Appointment

I had my pre-op appointment earlier this week and it went well! Got my prescriptions, my list of dos and don'ts, and took my "before" pictures. We also talked about size again and I tried 425 and 450 cc this time. Over the past few weeks I have been driving myself crazy looking at pictures of before and afters and trying to figure out what I can expect. Everyone looks SO different so I gave up and am trusting my doc. He thinks 425 cc will give me the full C, small D I am looking for. Said I could certainly go bigger with my frame, but felt that based on pictures I showed him, I'd be happy with 425. 425 cc moderate plus in both breasts. There is a TINY difference in size of my breasts and he isn't sure if he will go with different sizes, but will decide once he gets in there. He thinks it might just be a difference in extra skin and not volume of breast tissue (one breast produced way more milk than the other and thus stretched out more!)

Anyway... super excited for my surgery now! Two weeks from today!

1 week from today!!!

I am so excited! Just got off for summer (teacher) and my surgery is one week from today! I want to document well for myself and others, so added new pictures. I am starting to think about going bigger to 450cc... I know it's not a huge difference, but would like opinions. My doc said I could certainly fit more, but that 425 cc should get me a full C, small D. I liked the 425 sizers (in pink top in post above), but keep forgetting you lose some size under the muscle. :/ I really didn't think I'd obsess about size, but I kinda am. Ugh!

stats

Don't think I mentioned this... I'm 5'7" 135 lbs currently 34 B (and don't fill it)

Better than Coobie!

I just found these Nobo bras at Walmart that are exactly like the Coobie bra that I paid $20 for. This one was $4.95! I feel ripped off by Coobie, but pleased to have found a cheaper alternative for post-BA. Same material (though even softer!), similar style and color choices, same padding. Check them out if looking for Coobie!

Rice sizers

Got bored and curious and tried rice sizers tonight! Was fun to get a feel for what I will look like. These are between 425 and 450. My measuring wasn't perfect.

tomorrow is the day!!!

Surgery is at 8:30 am tomorrow. Can't wait!!!

All done!

I wrote this whole review and then it didn't post! Well I can't imagine my surgery going any smoother! I was so excited and not at all nervous going in. Everyone was so nice and friendly and really made it a wonderful experience. Dr. Kerr came to chat and mark me up about 20 minutes before surgery and we talked about my slight asymmetry and decided that he would try both 425cc and 450cc in the left breast and see which evened them out the best. He ended up going 425cc left, 450cc right.

I came out of anesthesia really well and in a great mood. Have had totally manageble pain so far and am staying on top of my meds so I don't wait too long and experience a lot of pain. I get to shower Sunday morning and see the new gals! Can't wait, though I can already tell they will be awesome. Love the size so far!

I just am so impressed with Dr. Kerr. He is so friendly and nice, yet professional and super confident which is what I look for in any doctor. Can't recommend him enough!

Day 2 - feeling great!!!

Slept great last night. Bunch of pillows behind my back and Head and two pillows under my legs. Perfect set up. I set my alarm for 3 hour increments so I could take my meds. Went right back to sleep after. I don't want to jinx myself, but I feel great! Tight and sore, sure, but not in pain. Hoping it continues this way... Taking 2 pain pills every 3 hours and the muscle relaxer every 8 hours. Shower tomorrow morning - can't wait to get a full glimpse!

2 days post op - first glimpse of the new girls!

Got to remove bandages today and take a shower. Still very swollen and high, but I'm excited about them!

3 days post & post op appt

Woke up with a terrible headache and nauseated. Took migraine meds and felt better after awhile. Still feeling no pain from boobs! Can't believe it. Still high and tight, but able to do just about anything with my arms including drying my hair and putting shirts over my head. Trying not to pick up my kids or anything heavy though.

Post op appt was super fast. Dr Kerr took a look, said they looked high and tight, but great. I can start doing massages every day. He recommended doing them every time I went to the bathroom so I could remember to do them. I forgot to ask about the strips on the incision. Do I keep them on until my 2 week follow up?

Added pics for today.

Pics from 3 days post op

Day 4

Starting to feel like my own, but ready for the implants to settle! Not seeing much improvement yet as far as that goes. Patience, patience! Loving my new cleavage though. ;)

9 days post op

So it's been 9 days since my surgery. I still haven't had much pain at all, but over the last few days I have been feeling a little of the booby blues. I am worried I went too big. I know they don't look too big for me and they aren't even that big, but I am just having a hard time adjusting I guess. I am guessing I will be about a D and I went into this wanting to be a nice C, but got caught up in the whole "you'll wish you went bigger" and now I'm doing the opposite! It actually didn't hit me until my shipment of cute built-in bra tops from Victoria's Secret came in and they all were too small and made my boobs just bust out. Suddenly all those cute summer tops I was going to wear made me feel way too busty. I know, i just need a bigger size, but it just bummed me out. I know I am still swollen and high, but I think I would have been completely happy at 375 cc. I'm 425/450 cc now. I'm sure once they completely settle and drop I will be happy. Just such a bummer to feel sad about them for even a day when it's something I chose and paid to have done! The good news is, I woke this morning and felt some of the swelling had gone down at the top and maybe they dropped a tad. Felt better about them already. Its the top part and the amount they project that bothers me. I am also am happy that I don't look huge at all in clothing. I know a lot of people are bummed about that, but I sat out to get implants in hopes of restoring what I used to have, not to have big, amazing boobs to show off. I totally get that some women want exactly that, btw, I just am a rather modest school teacher. :)

My husband loves them. Ha! He also agrees that I just need to get used to them. It's just a bit of a shock going from nothing to a lot of something. :) hopefully I will feel better about them every day.

More on recovery

I have had the easiest recovery. I can't get over how little pain I felt and how much I've been able to do from the very beginning. I have two small children and they have so many needs and I just haven't been able to keep from doing things that I normally do. I know just because I can do it, doesn't mean I should, but it's hard to get around it when I'm with them on my own during the day. most things haven't been hard or painful like I expected. I even started sleeping on my side again about 2 nights ago. I know I'm probably keeping the swelling around longer though. I notice that when I do too much, they swell up on top.

Already back to happy :)

So I was trying to put some fresh tape over my incision earlier and lifted my shirt and bra to do it and noticed how much better I looked. I realized that the only part I wasn't happy about was the top and that will pass soon when things stop swelling and the implants drop. And just like that, I'm back to happy town. :) they actually look pretty freakin awesome when the top doesn't show!

Yesterday the skin under my right nipple was soooooo sensitive. I guess I would describe it like a burning sensation, but also like the fabric of my shirt was rubbing it raw, only it wasn't. Is that the nerves healing??

Oh, and

11 days post op

Seems like some of the swelling has gone down and they are definitely feeling more like mine every day. They still have a lot of dropping to do and I haven't been very good about doing my massages! Just keep forgetting as I get busy.

Attached some photos from today. Still weird from the side and nipples too low. The right has the larger implant and I can tell because it is having a harder time settling. I think I will be pretty symmetrical when it's all said and done though. I'm pleased!

2 weeks post op

Not much change, but took pictures anyway. Really loving my new gals now and can't wait for them to drop so my nipples aren't so low! They are actually already pretty soft which was unexpected. Incisions are tiny, my doc is amazing! Those 450s aren't small!

3 weeks post op

Still chugging along. 3 weeks post op as of today. My implants definitely feel like a part of me now and I hardly remember what it was like without them already! I had my two week post op check up on Monday and Dr. Kerr said things looked and felt good, but that I needed to massage more and harder. He demonstrated and it was a lot firmer than what I had been doing!! I still feel like they haven't really moved much, but I know it's still early. Still love them and all my friends now want to have surgery too. It was like all they needed was a guinea pig (me) and now that I have nothing but good to say about it, they can't wait. :)

Better pics to see proportion

They are looking better every day. And smaller in these pics! Maybe I will only be a C!? I have no idea...

5 weeks!

I'm now 5 weeks post op and started back running today. Felt different and need some new bigger bras, but went well.

I feel great and really think that they are dropping and fluffing nicely even though I don't feel the pictures show it well. The left especially... Right has the bigger implant so I think it will just take longer to sink down into the pocket.

Love them and am so glad I did this! There were moments of doubt those first few weeks, but they are long gone now!

Pictures 5 weeks

Pics didn't load! Argh!

7 weeks post op!

I am loving my boobs! Lots of compliments and though I feel they are getting smaller (or I'm getting used to them more?) I still feel they are perfect for me. I have funny tan lines in my pics from different swimsuits, but I think they have fluffed in the last few weeks.

I went shopping a few days ago and am loving the way tops fit! No gaping anymore!

Side by side comparison :)

Love this change!

8 weeks PO

2.5 months and LOVE my boobs!

They are super perky, but I still feel a natural looking result. I'm thrilled! My doctor is amazing. Had my 2 month follow up and he was really pleased with the result too. I got sized at VS and measured a 36 C, though I also tried 34 D and it fit as well. Exactly what I hoped for! Honestly couldn't be happier. Sorry for the blurred pics. Had to crop and when I did, the quality gets foggy.

3+ months

Still loving them... Still getting better and better!

With clothes

Dr. Mahlon Kerr

I am so happy with Dr. Kerr. Right from the beginning he and his staff made me feel at ease and confident in his ability and dedication to making me happy as a patient. Very quick to get me in for consult, spent lots of time with me, and always seemed to remember what we had talked about previously. Surgery was a breeze and I am so happy I chose him. Recommending him to all my friends.