Breast Implants WAY Too Big!! Either Going for Removal or Revision.

I had a breast augmentation about 1 1/2 years ago....

I had a breast augmentation about 1 1/2 years ago. Since I had to augmentation I regretted it. I started at a 34B and went to a 34DD. My plastic surgeon and I discussed size, but I guess he had a different vision than me. I wanted to go up no more than 1 cup size, I went up 3!! I hate my boobs, I am embarrassed by them. I got pregnant right after my surgery and they blew up like balloons. I had so much trouble nursing and they were so ridiculously big that I didn't want to nurse. I am about 5'5 and 130lb and while nursing I was a 38H!! I have lost all my baby weight and I was hoping my breast would shrink. I had a appointment with my surgeon and he said I had no breast tissue left and I was all skin and implant :( (So much for trying to exercise my boobs away). I have a capsular contracture which needs revision and I am meeting with a different surgeon tomorrow is discus removal of my implants all together or maybe having small ones implanted. I did not enjoy having small breast, but I at least didn't hate them so much.

Met with plastic surgeon

I met with my plastic surgeon yesterday. We discussed removal and replacement of implants. Im leaning towards smaller implants. Currently I have 265CC implants and he suggested 180CC, textured implants. Right now I have smooth implants and since I don't have a lot of skin on my chest you can see my implants through my skin, the textured ones you won't be able to see. I believe I will be happy with 180CC, they should only fill me out and bring me up only a little more than my original cup size. I feel good about this Dr, I think he sees what I wanted originally with my augmentation.

Pictures

I tried to put pics in my original post but for some reason they didnt upload!

The date is set!!

I met with my original surgeon yesterday. He suggested the best course of action is to remove my implants, close off the contracture and put new implants under the muscle. I was very firm on my decision to remove the implants completely. He is going to do the surgery at cost, and I only need to pay the surgical center fee. I am nervous about this because when I had my first surgery my Dr. removed some of my breast tissue because he thought I would think they were too big. He said that after the removal they will be smaller than I started with because of something he has to do with the contracture, but I dont care. I am so excited! I have actually grown envious of women with small breast! haha July 15th is the day! I can go back to feeling comfortable in my body. I have lost all of my pregnancy weight and I should feel really good about myself, but I wear sports bras and baggy shirts to cover my breasts. I cannot wait to feel like myself again! I believe that implants were just not for me. I felt better about my body image without them :)

Getting excited!

I can't wait for the big day! It is one month away! It's pool and beach season and I am so embarrassed to go out. Whenever I go to the pool I am so self conscious. I can't wait to be able to wear my old bikinis again!

pics

This was my bikini pic before my implants. And next to me is my friend, I had to crop out her face I didnt think she wanted to be on here. I actually brought this pic with me to my consult and said I wanted her boobs and I got about 2 sizes larger than that!

Feeling depressed and anxious

I was invited to go to the pool today. I'm feeling really bummed. I feel like I look absolutely rediculous. I hate wearing a bathing suit. Most women with BA can't wait to wear a baithing suit. I have so much regret for what I have done to my body. My breast were so tiny before but they were better then I have now. They are too big for my frame. Plus I have so much side boob, it's like they are sitting in my armpits. I went to a pool party last week and wore a sports bra bc I was too embarrassed to wear a normal top. I told everyone that I couldn't find my top. I felt so stupid.

Smelly

This is slightly embarrassing. My breast smell! LOL I guess because they are so large? It is so hot down here and I exercise a lot. Recently after leaving the gym I have been noticing this foul odor. Today I realised that it is my breast/ sport bras!! This happened last summer, but I was pregnant, I assumed it was my milk coming in. Have any of you other ladies with implants had this problem?

1 more day

Tomorrow is the big day! I am so excited! We have been on vacation visiting family for the last week. I wish I had had my explant earlier so I could enjoy the beach :( but at least I have the rest of the summer.
My PS said that he needs to put in drains for7-10 days. I am really upset about this, but I guess I don't have a choice if he thinks that's what's best. I have a wedding to go to on Friday and my daughter is turning 1 on Saturday. I haveno idea how I will hide them, he didn't mention anything about them until the pre-op appointment.

I had my implants removed yesteray

Yesterday I had my implants removed. Overall the procedure took about 3 hours and went very well. They were a little rushed to get me in because I was the last surgery of the day so that made me a little nervous but at least I didn't get stuck in recovery for a while while my husband and baby waited for me. They only held me for 1 hour. I am in more pain than I thought I would be but it is manageable. I have 2 drains and they are a little difficult to drain, I am not sure if I am doing it right, but I have a post op appointment today so I will ask then. I peeked in the bandage and I still have a little bit of boob! haha I was so nervous I would be just skin since my plastic surgeon removed some of it during the BA and he said I would lose more tissue since I had contractures on both breast. But overall I am very happy to have had this procedure.

3 Days Post op

I feel much better today, I really don't need any pain medication. The incisions hurt a little but the most painful spot is where the drains go in. The drains are annoying but I have been able to hide them in my shorts haha. I went to the mall today to buy a bra. The only reason I did this was because I have a wedding tonight and I can't wear a sports bra. I was so happy to see that I still wear a 34B! My breasts are shaped funny, but my PS says that they will go back to a normal shape in the next few weeks after the drains are taken out. I am having my drains taken out on Monday :)

feeling lighter

I meant to add to my post above that I feel like I have lost 10lbs. When I look at myself in the mirror I no longer feel overweight. I am even able to wear some of my old shirts that were too short with my implants in haha

One Week Post-op

Its been almost 1 week since my surgery. My breast feel good. I got my drains taken out this morning. The drains were more painful than the surgery recovery. It was difficult to sleep and get around with them, but taking them out was simple and I didn't feel a thing.
The swelling in the breast has gone down a lot and they are back to a smaller size and the loose skin is visible. My right breast is very deformed. My surgeon has told me to give it time to reshape and now since the drain is out it should shape up better. I hope so. My breast have drooped a little and I kind of wish I had opted for a lift during the explant, but too late now.
I am unhappy with the incision scars. I have not taken the tape off yet but I tried on one of my bikinis and all of the tape is visible, which will make my scars visible. :/
On a better note, I feel much better about myself. I am excited to go bra shopping. I should have kept my old ones! haha. I feel more confident when I go out in public and overall feel pretty good about myself. My boob only looks deformed when not in a bra. I went to a wedding and wasn't self conscious about my breasts all night, I was only worried about my drains falling out of my underwear! lol

2 weeks post op

Tomorrow I will be 2 weeks post op. I feel great, I went back to the gym the other day. My chest was a little sore when I moved my arms and whatnot but I think the muscles were just tight because after I stretched they felt better.
I am very happy with the size of my breast. As i mentioned before I was very concerned with what they were going to look like. I had a contracture in both breast and was told that I would lose some breast tissue with that, also my PS took out some tissue when he put in the original implants. I am kicking myself for getting the implants in the first place bc my breast are larger than when i first got my implants! I had a daughter 1 year ago and was actually pregnant during my BA and did not know. I have lost all of my pregnancy weight plus some and my breast are larger than before. Go figure, right now I am at a full B. If I didnt have a BA I would probably be at a small C, which is where I wanted to be in the first place!
I am very unhappy with my healing. My right breast is still very deformed. From what I am reading the scar tissue is attached to the muscle. I will not know for sure what is going on until my next post op with my surgeon. I wish I did not go with my PS who did my BA. My husband really wanted me to go with him bc he was giving us a discount because of the complications and the dissatisfaction. I feel like my deformed breast may have been prevented or at least fixed during the removal.
I will take some 2 week photos tomorrow and post them.

1 Month Post explant

Its been a little over one month since I had my implants removed. Physically I feel good. I went back to the gym at 2 weeks and feel like there is a ton of weight lifted off my chest haha. I enjoy wearing regular clothes again and I feel very confident about myself.
I have a few disappointments about my surgery though.
I have a lot of excess skin. I was told that this would be a possibility. When I lift my arms up there is so much skin, my boobs shrivel up. I currently wear a 34B because that is my breast size, but I think I am going to have to go to a C because of the extra skin. When I put my bra on the skin is popping out of the bra.
My breasts are sagging a little. I was sure that this was going to happen though. My breast were never very perky to begin with. I have one child now and I am going to start trying for a second. When I am finished having children I will consider a lift, but never implants again.
My right breast is still deformed. The scar tissue is stuck to the muscle. I have been messaging it regularly per my Dr's orders and it is looking better than before.
It is just so frustrating. I see all these other women who had their implants removed and there breast look wonderful. I only had my implants for 1 1/2 years and they destroyed my breasts. I know alot of it had to do with the growth during my pregnancy and then nursing. I keep feeling hopeful that they will fill back in and the skin will go down. I am still happy I had this procedure.
I have an appointment on the 6th and I will update with what my Dr. says about the scar tissue.