Tummy Tuck South Jersey - Atlantic City, NJ

Ok... I'm in checking it out phase. Went over ten...

Ok... I'm in checking it out phase. Went over ten years ago for consults after my first child and waited until I was done having kids. I am. Turning 40 and in decent shape. I'm 5"3 150 lbs . I have my " divot ". I can't get rid of.. I love running and am very content every where else. I work in a school so am contemplating .... Do I wait till next summer or cram it in the end of this one? If I did it by the 20 th... I'd be up against the 2 week mark at Labor Day. Consult on Wednesday.. I don't smoke... Thoughts? I'm nervous and almost want to do it so I can start next summer with it done and healed...dont know cost yet will update when sure

Had my consultation

I really like Dr Rayfield. I won't update this much as my surgery wont happen until next June. But after speaking with him I am all in. He had said due to my c section scars that look really good, my weight, and the shape im in. I am a good candidate. I have some time to save $$. I will update next spring as I get closer but so excited to do it!

5th out-- Being obsessed on here

So, I have put my deposit-dates locked in, and keep reading how people are doing. Looking at the first days and weeks - there are so many vast recovery stories from horrible to not so bad. I keep looking at what people are saying as far as vitamins- seems to be some suggestions on how some help in the healing recovery. I need to start putting together a list of what I'll need pre- op & post op. Anyone who has been through it, "Anything you wouldn't do this TT without? " Also, I am staying overnight in the hospital so at least my first 24 hours I'll be watched and taken care of-- nervous but still can't wait--

4 months away

Trying to be busy so time flies- following so many stories and I cannot wait until I can tell mine
New Jersey Plastic Surgeon

Our surgery dates are only a few days apart. Super anxious
Looking forward to hearing how you go! I'm a similar weight & height to you & my TT will be only a few hours after yours due to the time difference (on the 17th in Australia) Just over 3 months to to :D
That's great ! I wish I could do it sooner but just isn't possible. I have been following people and watched them through their journey. Trying to contain my excitement ..
I'm getting so excited!
Hi Jennifer94953.... I thought my profile page might be of interest to you.... I had my tummy tuck September 16, 2013... My surgeon is David L Rayfield I can't say enough good things about him, everyone that I have encountered in his practice Have been professional At the same time making you feel at ease. About me : I am 60 years old (Oh heck it's only a number). my surgery went really well ...I feel marvelous.. Eight days post – op. In my opinion you've picked a winner... Dr. Rayfield is very conscientious, extremely skilled & easy to talk. to, I've posted lots of picture before, & after ... I will continue Posting to my profile, Once we have had our tummy tucks us girls on RealSelf ... Say we're on the flat side!!!! I think you're really going To like the flat side (((hugs)))
THANKS SO MUCH!! I am so glad to hear from someone who had him. I have a June surgery planned. I know he said he doesnt use the belts or push them? How bad was the recovery? Im staying over night my first night...i can't wait to read your site
I don't quite understand, You said he doesn't use the belts or push them.... Can you explain T to me what that means.. I did stay one night at shore memorial,that experience was excellent...I am Healing nicely.....I guess you can tell I have a positive Attitude .. LoL .... Best thing I ever did for myself was to get this tummy tuck.... Except having my children, heck I was only in my 20's... More then 30 years....ago. Feel free to ask me anything . Ttyl. LiveLoveBelieve
I asked how long they are typically worn and he said they're not all thst necessary . I had read on here some people wore them for months. I'm getting mine in summer where the humidity would make them so sweaty .
I had a full tummy tuck and was back to work in 3 weeks. 3-4 weeks is usually the norm. 2 weeks may be pushing it, but all depends on your recovery.
Good luck at your consult. Another thing to consider is clothing....if your school isn't air conditioned, and you dress lightly, your binder may be visible through your clothing. Whatever you decide, best wishes! I am sure you willed be ecstatic with the results! Looking forwarded to hearing your decision!
Is it like a garder?
I believe every surgeon uses a different item (at least that is what it seems from this site). Mine was an ugly white, stretchy thing that wraps around your upper to lower abdomen. It shows through in almost all of my clothing. My ps suggested wearing the garment for 4 weeks day and night. Then wear the binder for an additional two weeks at night. I will be 6 weeks tomorrow and took the binder off for the first time today. I hate being without it. I am not trying to talk you out of anything. Just trying to prepare you for wardrobe issues. I am still swollen and not back in all of my regular clothing. I wasn't prepared for that. I am hoping my work clothes all fit again in September. Again, good luck at your consultation this week.