Tummy Tuck Central Jersey - Cherry Hill, NJ

Ok... I'm in checking it out phase. Went over ten...

Ok... I'm in checking it out phase. Went over ten years ago for consults after my first child and waited until I was done having kids. I am. Turning 40 and in decent shape. I'm 5"3 150 lbs . I have my " divot ". I can't get rid of.. I love running and am very content every where else. I work in a school so am contemplating .... Do I wait till next summer or cram it in the end of this one? If I did it by the 20 th... I'd be up against the 2 week mark at Labor Day. Consult on Wednesday.. I don't smoke... Thoughts? I'm nervous and almost want to do it so I can start next summer with it done and healed...dont know cost yet will update when sure
I had a full tummy tuck and was back to work in 3 weeks. 3-4 weeks is usually the norm. 2 weeks may be pushing it, but all depends on your recovery.
Good luck at your consult. Another thing to consider is clothing....if your school isn't air conditioned, and you dress lightly, your binder may be visible through your clothing. Whatever you decide, best wishes! I am sure you willed be ecstatic with the results! Looking forwarded to hearing your decision!
Is it like a garder?

Had my consultation

I really like Dr Rayfield. I won't update this much as my surgery wont happen until next June. But after speaking with him I am all in. He had said due to my c section scars that look really good, my weight, and the shape im in. I am a good candidate. I have some time to save $$. I will update next spring as I get closer but so excited to do it!
Hi Jennifer94953.... I thought my profile page might be of interest to you.... I had my tummy tuck September 16, 2013... My surgeon is David L Rayfield I can't say enough good things about him, everyone that I have encountered in his practice Have been professional At the same time making you feel at ease. About me : I am 60 years old (Oh heck it's only a number). my surgery went really well ...I feel marvelous.. Eight days post – op. In my opinion you've picked a winner... Dr. Rayfield is very conscientious, extremely skilled & easy to talk. to, I've posted lots of picture before, & after ... I will continue Posting to my profile, Once we have had our tummy tucks us girls on RealSelf ... Say we're on the flat side!!!! I think you're really going To like the flat side (((hugs)))
THANKS SO MUCH!! I am so glad to hear from someone who had him. I have a June surgery planned. I know he said he doesnt use the belts or push them? How bad was the recovery? Im staying over night my first night...i can't wait to read your site
I don't quite understand, You said he doesn't use the belts or push them.... Can you explain T to me what that means.. I did stay one night at shore memorial,that experience was excellent...I am Healing nicely.....I guess you can tell I have a positive Attitude .. LoL .... Best thing I ever did for myself was to get this tummy tuck.... Except having my children, heck I was only in my 20's... More then 30 years....ago. Feel free to ask me anything . Ttyl. LiveLoveBelieve

5th out-- Being obsessed on here

So, I have put my deposit-dates locked in, and keep reading how people are doing. Looking at the first days and weeks - there are so many vast recovery stories from horrible to not so bad. I keep looking at what people are saying as far as vitamins- seems to be some suggestions on how some help in the healing recovery. I need to start putting together a list of what I'll need pre- op & post op. Anyone who has been through it, "Anything you wouldn't do this TT without? " Also, I am staying overnight in the hospital so at least my first 24 hours I'll be watched and taken care of-- nervous but still can't wait--

4 months away

Trying to be busy so time flies- following so many stories and I cannot wait until I can tell mine
Our surgery dates are only a few days apart. Super anxious
Looking forward to hearing how you go! I'm a similar weight & height to you & my TT will be only a few hours after yours due to the time difference (on the 17th in Australia) Just over 3 months to to :D
That's great ! I wish I could do it sooner but just isn't possible. I have been following people and watched them through their journey. Trying to contain my excitement ..

Exactely a MONTH!

I wish I could say it's settling in but its NOT! I have been on WW and trying to lose the last few lbs. I am down about 7 lbs. I was only looking to go 10 total- so I am almost there. I am so satisfied with my legs, arms, etc....but that belly. Ugh. Its the only thing that bothers me and no matter what the weight it goes no where. So my pre-op is in 2 weeks. I go through the day trying to push it back- but it sneaks up on me. I just cannot imagine me without my Divot, but I'm patiently waiting. This decision was made a year ago- and its rounding the bend. I guess after my pre-op I'll start shopping for some things...ok I'm rambling talk soon!
Well done, you'll definitely drop those last 3lbs! As of last Wednesday I'm only 0.3kg off my WW goal weight (2/3 of a lb, haha!) Keep at it :) I'll be getting tucked in Australia on 6/17, so probably only a few hours after you :)
OMG, I didn't realised I'd already commented my date!!! I'm too excited, hehe!
Hey! Three pounds is definitely manageable. You can do it! We'll be getting to the flat side on the same day. I can't wait!!

c section I did well

So I'm wondering~ I was up and moving~ recovered great. Wondering if that's an indication how I'll do~ ordered Arnica~ got my walker~ slow but steady

pre op Tuesday

Went well~ thinking I'm over thinking~ need to calm down being completely obsessed on here~ 19 days

9 days!

I have been looking at a tt for over 15 yrs and now I'm days away. Funny I'm only excited..not nervous. I'm down 10~11 lbs. Everyone is commenting how great I'm looking ( just wait..I got more: ) )I hide that divot well. I have stared at my Calendar my hubby and I organizing running the kids or me organizing him running the kids lol. I bought a few supplements but won't start anything till after. My doc said don't do anything but the antibiotic the day before and metamucil a few days prior....I have my hospital pre op Monday. I have already paid everyone. Here's what I have left to buy ( based off what I keep hearing people on r s suggest) toliet lifter, grabber, underwear~ I already have a walker, Brolemein, Arnica, hip o clense, dial: bar & liquid, metamucil, dropping off prescription today. I just keep looking at myself thinking~ ~ my stomach may actually be flat for v the first time in 20 yrs. I'll have to buy new pants they always either to big on legs but waist it good or good on legs too tight on waist....can't wait to say they're perfect on both! And I can say that in 9 days!!!
Your thoughts are so similar to mine on the way clothes fit right now. I'm getting my inner thighs done, because I want clothes to fit in both places (waist and legs) not just one or the other! I just bought a toilet riser off of amazon yesterday and it'll get here Wednesday. Did you read on the June forum that some ladies think it's necessary? I got one for $15, so in the grand total of what I'm paying for this, it's not too much. :)
The riser is necessary or the thighs? I bought the riser and grabber last night on Amazon. I have read the v toilet riser is SO needed not realizing how much you use your stomach for that. Also I hate water the taste is ugh! So I know I'll have to get over it and I'll be peeing like mad....and I don't want to cringe every time.
I'm happy with my thighs just want a leveled look

I can say" next Monday"

Yay. I bought grabber thing and toilet riser. Cannot wait. I have my hospital pre op tomorrow. I am having sx next Monday. Did I mention I can't wait!
You are silly!!! I'm not sure if thighs are necessary, but the toilet seat riser might be! :) I didn't get a grabber, but I have a bunch of little ones running around who should be able to pick things up for me! Have you ever tried flavored water? It's not my thing, but some people really like it. Maybe that'll help you drink more? Lately I have been drinking more soda than water, and it's definitely changed my taste buds. Sometimes it's all I can do to get water down, but making it really cold helps. Power through it girl! Can you believe NEXT Monday is our day??? I was sitting in church this morning thinking about how next week will be my last week for awhile. Not sure I'll be able to focus on the sermon next Sunday. I'll probably be thinking of everything I still need to get done at home. I'm a total procrastinator, but thankfully hubby has helped me out this weekend and we've gotten some things done.
Trying to be funny ~gonna need a good laugh as we waddle around~~I like coconut water and the zero calorie flavored but I'm just never thirsty. That 'll have to change...I know what least for a few weeks
I did a little clutter control. I'm gonna clean Sunday a lot. I have little ones so if I cleaned now~ you'd never know it. Lol. ...I bought things but don't want to go too crazy. My goal is walking I keep hearing the more you walk the better you'll be

Pre Op appt- DONE!!

It's real got a time & a run down on procedures....This time next week I'll be recovering!
YIPPEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 days and more than ecstatic

okay, so we're two days away got the meds ,got the equipment ,got a few books ,got some puzzles~ biggest worry I'm gonna be so bored sitting on the couch for 2 weeks.... keep reading everyone's posts ...everyone sounds so positive its not as bad as others were saying and I know all I am going to be so excited when I see that flat side. I'll start cleaning like crazy Sunday so on Monday I don't have anything to worry about ~~~did I mention that I was excited
Good luck tomorrow!! I am SO excited for us!!! :)
My goal is to stay SUPER busy for the next 2 days! Have you found out your surgery time?

laying here. ...today is the day

Just looking over site. I had a hard time falling asleep. I'll catch up when I'm knocked it..Lol. excited~ lil nervous~ look at my saggy skin..gonna be weird that it'll. Be gone...worked to lose a few me lbs.~ready ~
Sending you positive healing vibes, hope everything went well!
Thanks they worked
Hope surgery went well today.

Flat side I have arrived

So I'm at hospital for the night....definitely recommend that. Laid i n bed all day. Thinking because of that my back hurt....tight in stomach but really not unbearable. When I got up to pee~ it felt good. So I walked the floor with the nurse twice. Slow but it felt so good and the nausea went away since I was breaking the bubbles in my stomach. My back.....and the anesthesiologist gave me a blow thing to 're expand my lungs... the walk Helped that too. Being careful not to over do it~but so happy tho be on the flat side

post day 1~officially went 24 hours after

Not on heavy duty pa i n meds. But the anti inflammatory helps a lot. I woke up a few times to pee. Needed assistance getting up and Down. But walking ok~ just slow. My drains are doing good...not in too much pain just tight.
Congrats. Hope you're healing feel and feeling good.

day 2 flat side

Last night tried bed/ no comfortable spot. Ended up on couch sitting position.took a perk had the best nights sleep. Home alone...quiet by myself. Feet lil swollen. But i m doing good. Not any much pain just tight. This binder had tape like stuff under. I feel like I could stretch if it wasn't on but it's probably pin so I won't lol. Can't wait for a shower...I have first post op visit tomorrow drains are about 18 every 8 hours. Last time at 1 and I have barely any drainage....any way thanks for reading~~~I hear day 4i s the worst~~holding tight
I hope things continue to go well! Excited to see the rest of your journey ;)

Thunderstorms woke me up

Because I'm home all day - I am well relaxed- my sleep is off- the thunder was so loud-woke me only me right up
I see my PS today- Im draining less than 20 on each side- not sure if that means I'm getting them out- but boy I'd love a shower. I have been on top of the ibuprofen- but only did one Perkie 2nd night. Slept on couch half laying down- it's just easier for me to grab things and help myself up- plus getting up is such a procedure I don't have to wake anyone else-...
I have to say this recovery has been a lot better than anticipated- I don't want to jinx myself- but what I read I was expecting a nightmare. Am I tight? Yes Pain? not really-- well let you know how my appointment goes

day 3 post op visit

Drains out, tape off~ ~~ wow.feel so much better. Drains were a lil wierd coming out. But not too bad~ can't wait to shower. I washed my hair in the sink earlier and a sponge bath....even that felt better. I got a birds eye view can't wait to get home and really see it. Doc said~ nicely hydrating, skin color is great, I was really healing well~ no sit ups for a month~I can drive~ and I have follow up Monday to check if any collection~ let me say I was so scared of all of this~ but it's been great.
Sounds like you're recovering really well! I've been pleasantly surprised too, I was expecting it to be a lot worse
Hooray for a good check up! I am not looking forward to the drain coming out, because I'm afraid of what it's going to feel like, but I know I'll be happy to have it gone. Hope you continue to do well!
It gets better with time.

Day 4 Post op

Ok so I am on day 4- my first outing by myself- did good driving and walked the store very slow. But it was nice getting out. I took my first shower last night-- wow- I love showers :). My stomach felt wierd- I was barely touching it- just so scared and there is no sensation. I looked it up that you regain your sensations from the outside going in. Which means my side- working its way in toward ( which explained why the tape removal was painful lol). I have a full length mirror so I really got a good look- wow. I can look down and see my feet- not just my belly. It was unreal. My husband kept staring at me saying wow. Then apologized and I said, " all that money- keep saying wow!!". He's so great. I'm definitely swollen but every day my weight goes down letting me know that my swelling is going down too. So on day 4 what do I suggest you get for this- what do you really need 1. Pillows- couple of them. You will not sleep laying down and you'll need so you don't sink into your couch. 2. A toilet seat riser- a must. 3. I had a walker ( never used)- grabber thing ( used today to pick up a few toys but could have done without 4. Advil or get prescription strength- used it religiously 5. I got arnica & bromelein- I do not know what effect they had I bruised bad but its clearing up good & I am less swollen so I don't know if I would have been worse. 6. Gauze pad & hydrogen peroxide- to clean the drain holes. 7. Hipoclense & Dial liquid/ bar- constantly washing my hands & wash myself pre- op & when the tape came off- 8. Water bottle- a constant reminder to someone like me who hates water- I was drinking it non-stop 9. I wore a pair of baggy sweats- so wear something loose- those drains are not comfy in anything tight- you do not want to bump them around 10. I had at least one protein shake a day- and brought protein bars into the hospital with me- 11. Right before I went in I dropped weight and really ate healthy. I started about 6-8 weeks prior. When I came out- all the choices I had was healthy- I think that was the best thing I could have done. 12. Last metamucil/ fiber bars/ smooth move tea (you don't want to have to push- afraid you'll pop a stitch - you won't but its psychological)
So here's some final advice- if your thinking about it and are scared -- DO IT!! It's mind over matter- get up walk- focus on you- it's ok- us Mom's spend our lives thinking of others for a few weeks its ok to put you first- It doesn't hurt as bad as your hearing. If you had a C section- its the same- no easier.
Sounds like you're having a great recovery and it's been pretty easy for you to deal with. I'm not having such an easy time. The first 2 days were *almost* unbearable. Today, the pain is now manageable. Once I get a good look at what's going under my garment, I may know have a better idea of why I've had so much pain. Congrats to you on finally being able to do the surgery after do much time.
Great post! Thanks, I'm set for September. I had originally been scheduled for Jan but chickened out! But I'm damned determined now! And ladies like you help me so much :). Post pics when your up to it!
Great post! I agree about just doing it! I know I'm swollen, but I also know that I look pretty darn good! I've still not attempted a shower--hopefully this weekend when hubby is home. I'm impressed that you went out of the house. I'm still happy hanging out at home. I walk like a little old lady all hunched over. You better take a nap after your outing. Don't over do it!

7 days post op

I'll snap a pic before the shower. I haven't posted only because nothing too exciting. Lol~ well I read day 4 is supposed to be hitting a wall~ ~ I must have turned around it. I have to say my recovery has been great. The first day was rough. .not painful just moving around..getting used to lift my body carefully...swollen. I put about 12lbs of swell on and am down 8~ 9 lbs. Almost back to normal. I have watched my salty intake and continue to eat healthy. Yesterday I took Advil only for bed. So it was my first day of meds~ still doing Brolemein and Arnica I don't know if they're really doing anything but hey they're not hurting. I drop metamucil in my water so I don't strain. I sit a lot and am still taking it easy...but feel really good. I wear my binder constantly it reminds me to keep moving slow. I go to get belly button stiches removed tomorrow. I went out 2 times yesterday~ 1 as a passenger~ next I drove. I have been out of house 4 times in the week...very careful moving in and out .well like I said if you're considering this~ ~~do it. Be in the mind sense that the pain is temporary..get up and walk as soon as you can. I walked the hospital floor 2 the first day and 5 times second. I think that is huge...I just kept thinking about what my bikini will look like
Just hang in there. Trust me it gets better each day.

pics

pic dy6

You're looking good! I need to get back in the shower. I will tomorrow before my appointment so I don't show up looking to crazy for any ladies I may see! I don't want to scare them off!! :)

day 8- doing great.

Sorry hadn't updated. Yesterday, got my belly button stitches out. Lil collection but so small couldn't even drain it. Looks great- doc very impressed. I went back to work today. I took it easy spent the day at my desk. Even had my first glass of wine tonight!! Weighed myself this morning I am less weight than when I started this. I took no advil for bed last night. It was the first time and still did great. I am still taking Arnica, Bromelin, & my multi-vitamin. I don't even know if I need them but if it ain't broke don't fix it. I have to say I read such horror stories and was really nervous going in. Believe me it was well worth it- loving the fact my waist is starting to indent a little- lol. Yay...my husband keeps commenting I weigh less than him-- way less. This is the first time-- I jut smile. So happy I did this!!
I love my showers- let that hot water hit my back. it also gives me a chance to see if my sensations are coming back to my waist. I read it takes a year or 2 to get full sensation. It was weird when the stitches came out- I couldn't even feel it...
Thanks. Been so lucky and just love watching my body shrink every day-- I even walked through the bikini aisle and thought someday this could happen!!
I finally saw myself today. It looks like I may have a bikini in my future as well. ;•)

9 days post

2nd day back to work~ co workers just had me laughing all,day. It is still hard to laugh but I think laughter is truly the best medicine. I had read people becoming depressed at this point. I have to say...no regrets..I saved all year for this ..I had a part of my body which I could never diet or exercise away. It was created from many children whom I love~ I would never change that. My body was given freely So they could grow, be nourished, it had been thrown up on, amongst other things lol, I've taken hits time after time and would never change that I am blessed for them...but one time I did something for me~I fixed something that bothered me and it's ok....it's ok for you too
i am also trying to decide what I want to do or I should say WHEN!! I want to do it this summer, but I think i need to save a bit for the fall time ... I am 43 and have had 2 children , but 5 pregnancies .. 2 misscarriages that ended at 4 months each.. My stomach is so distended and hard upper that is. I am seeing my doctor to check for a hiatal hernia first and if it is we get both done. I hear and read that the recovery is long . i dont mind that part. i dont want to bleed to death! Anyone know if this can be done by laser?
I don't know about laser but I know if you did the csection and you recovered well you'll be great..I would do it when some one can help with kids ever if that means school or daycare
no c-sections here .. natural c. births. huge babies! 9 pounds and just about 10 pounds! 5 pregnancies later my muscles have gotten worse during the last 10 years. I am 43 i don't want to look like this at 63!

12 Day s post

Well I had a post op yesterday and I know longer need my binder. I asked about a compression Garment which he said I could buy but studies show it really doesn't Make a difference.I asked about scar treatment and same thing no studies show it really works. So yesterday i went bare but carried my binder just in case. I walked hunched nervous. .but I slept wonderful...no sore back! I can start peeling off my tape , I can go in a pool, I needed no fluid draining, ...doc said you're making this look easy lol. I will go back to him in a month. No crunches nothing to strain abdomen. He did warn me sometimes disposable stitches poke through and not to be alarmed. So I woke up this morning to tell you . I'm gonna grab a shower and go bikini shopping!!!
Looking great!
How did the shopping go today? I'm impressed that you felt like going out after being at work for the last few days!
I couldn't give anything...but I look good In a bikini lol. I need a sports bra type top....couldn't find it anywhere

19 days

Itching still there but less ( ok less then 1000%~ like 800% l o l). My tape is off and the skin Around it is red. Skin is dry~ I put some lotion on it last night...my energy is good not exactly all back but pretty close. I have to say this hasn't been as bad as I had thought. I'm still swollen but less everyday. My belly button is sinking back in. I figure if it's not all in its still swollen. But for anyone hesitant or scared...don't be. Main thing get up moving right away....keep moving. I think it Makes a world of difference~ I can't wait till all the swelling is down but already. Its a huge difference. ..just do it
Looking great Sarah 1970. I see you went back too work too. I went on my 9th Day too.

26 days

Been busy running around. So where ask I? Doc said cream for scar treatment and cg are all not shown to make a deference, so I have none. I watch that my shorts aren't tight. I'm still itchy but not bad. I'm definitely swollen can't wait to see the final results when the swelling is totally gone. Don't get me wrong It's not uncomfortable. ...I'm just excited.
Thanks for the story...I'm pretty nervous but trying to get prepared my surgery is October of this year with Dr. rayfield...
I have to say Dr. Rayfield is quiet but in a calming way. But he is an expert! And you want someone who is calm. He knows what he is doing and will tell you what like no CG needed or scar therapy treatment because studies prove its unnecessary. I haven't used any of it- my scars looking good and my swelling is so low. The hospital was so nice and they made me feel very comfy. The one thing I will recommend is get up after and try to walk the ward at least once- my recovery was way easier then my c section. I was back to work 8 days later and felt fine- he's really the best
I agree about the swelling. I can't wait to see the final result!

40 something days post op

Sorry been enjoying the summer- beach- pool- bikini- my new body ;)
I have dropped to a size 4 from my size 8-10. I had a 3 wk follow up last week. I can do anything but use a heating pad. still numb- but not itchy, no pain, not too swollen ( he said about 10% left). Everyone keeps saying how tiny I am- and I feel great. I started walking and hopefully will begin to build myself up to a run. Watching what I eat more for healthy reasons and am down to about 136-137 lbs. ( I was about 140 right before surgery- I had dropped 10-15 lbs right before sx) I would like to drop to about 130 ( I am 5''3). Been hard with vacations and summer bbqs- but I still just try to eat healthy ( Weight watchers). I will post pics- I did see my old pre- sx pics in the docs office ( gross) so glad I did this....
Wow, you seem like your healing quite nice. I wonder what your belly looked like before to compare. My surgery date is August 18th and I'm starting to get nervous and having second thoughts on and off. I know I have to be positive but it's hard not to think of what can possibly go wrong. Waking up from the surgery would be the first relief lol. Then hoping my incision closes nicely would he the second relief. Lol I guess reading and seeing the horror stories freaks me out and makes me wonder is it really worth it. I guess it's mind over matter and I need to look at the positives. You look great :-)

Old Pics

Tried looking for old pics- but most of my pics I'm hiding my belly...here are a few..

1 mth. post

It's lovely to read your story & the recovery phase has been good to you, thank you for sharing !:)
I tried looking for pics..but almost all I'm hiding behind some one. Well first, you're going to wake up. They do this all the time. Incision will close and under clothes, no one will see it. I bought a high waist biking bottom from v s, I fold the first piece down. You'll look great...you v only have your belly to lose...
Thanks for posting old pics. I can definitely tell there was a lot of bulge. You look great and Your going to look ever better as time passes :-)

So I'm on here reading. I had to go in and wore my size 4s. I went back and read my journey on here. I have come so far. In retrospect, what do you need? Toliet seat lifter, grabber, prescription Advil,loose clothes, healthy food, pillows, metamucil (or things to help) , dail hand soap, hypoclense ( I washed everyday until bottle gone~), gauze~ hydrogen peroxide for drain holes (one wouldn't close~ used band aid think pulling gauze off everyday was ripping scab open) , protein shake/ bars, water bottle~ ~small but essential~
Thanks for posting things that are needed after surgery because I have been procrastinating and haven't gotten anything yet. My surgery is b.s. less than 3 weeks. Yikes -_- thanks for your reviews :-)
You'll be fine- get up and move even if slow- I think that did wonders...
Thanks so much for the information . You look great and I'm so excited about my up coming surgery in October. .thanks again see you on the flat side. .take care
New Jersey Plastic Surgeon

Barely wait in office. He is very knowledgeable, very experienced, and calm personality.he's who you want~ meticulous~ nothing rattles him. Answered my questions~ very encouraging. Highly recommend in sj. Area