Unhappy with Mini Tummy Tuck - Atlanta

After having 2 kids, my body completely changed...

After having 2 kids, my body completely changed and decided I needed a tummy tuck :-( I had mini tummy tuck 5 months ago, and there has always been a bulge above the scar. Also the scar is not fading and my 3rd issue is the scar is not even, it's higher on one side.

Is all of this normal? Did my surgeon do a bad job? Please help!!! I feel so disappointed and unhappy. I spent about $3000 on this, all I went through with recovery, and now I have to go back to do a revision?

scar too tick, not fading after several months, bulge above scar, scar higher on one side.

You should have came to Columbus ga. It's roughly 2 hours from Atl. I used Dr Cochran at columbus plastic surgery and he is amazing! Charges 2500 for a mini, 5000 for a full tuck but always lipos for free.
what surgeon did u use? Looking to get a tummy tuck soon.
Hi there!

I live in Atlanta as well and did exhaustive research on several surgical practices. I met with many different surgeons. I had a substantial umbilical hernia after three pregnancies that needed to be repaired, and the only way to address this and repair it properly was to do a tummy tuck at the same time.

I opted to go with a female practice. The surgery itself went well, the recovery was not nearly as bad as I anticipated (although I have been told I have a strange pain tolerance!), and the hospital nurses were fantastic. That being said, I, too, will need a revision.

What differentiates my result from others is that my surgeon has been completely supportive, and our communication has been open and honest. She agreed that the results needed a revision, and has agreed to make the necessary changes free of charge.

The second surgery will be a hassle, no doubt, but I have never doubted my surgeon, her qualifications, or her desire to ensure the finished product was satisfactory for us both.

In my situation, due to the hernia, they were not able to get rid of all of the excess abdominal skin, and my stretch marks will be there forever. Let's face it - paper thin skin from stretching and pregnancies can only stretch so far.

In terms of the "pooch," it is very normal to have what I call a "shelf" above the incision - it's fat re-distribution. Yuck! I joke that the muffin top I used to complain about has moved south!?* At first I thought it was swelling and inflammation, but it's actually fat deposits that have moved. I eat well, exercise regularly, etc., but I still have that "ledge" and it bothers me, too.

With that being said, I still feel very happy with my end result. My belly used to look permanently pregnant - I stretched out incredibly during the pregnancies. Now, even despite some skin which will be taken away, my belly button is repaired, my hernia is gone, my stomach is flat (except for the area I mentioned previously) and I can enjoy summer t-shirts, dresses, etc., that are form fitting again.

If you have any questions, comments, or need more information, please feel free to list your email and I'll be happy to call or email you to discuss further.

Even despite the issues post-surgery, I love my doc, do believe she did a good job despite my myriad issues, and would recommend her. Their practice was just featured on Good Morning America.

To me, going into the surgery with clear dialogue and expectations is key. I did that. My result was not what either of us expected, but ownership was taken with a solid solution by my surgeon. I understand that surgery is not always an exact science. In fact, I have many friends who have had many different procedures from many different reputable surgeons and all of them required a revision...breast, belly, face - you name it.

Good luck. I hope this is helpful - it turned into a bit of a brain drain for me! ;0
who was ur sergion? Looking to get a tummy tuck soon.
I have a similar situation to yours. In that I have an umbilical hernia that requires repair . I would like to get a tt at the same time but the surgeon I spoke with told me there is a possibility that I may loose my naval. Did you hear this? Also my hernia is entrapped and becoming painful more and more each day. Was yours entrapped? Did your insurance cover any portion of the procedure?
Really wish original poster would answer the posed questions. Any insight as to the outcome would be great. There's lot of people that want toknow what your final surgery was and if you're happy and who your doc was. I live in Atl also and have gone thru 2 separate surgeries and need a revision. It's very disheartening but this is a great site to vent and share. Please do.
Since she wont say.....I will. It was dr. Diane alexander of artisan ps next to northside hospital. I had experience with her as well. Stay away. She seems nice but dont trust. Message me if u want to know more.
Hi, what did you end up doing? Did you get a revision? Or a FTT after the mini? I had a mini about 7 weeks ago - and I can grab a handful of belly + skin still (i'm only 118lbs) and there's a bulge above my incision too
I would love to know who so I do not go them since I live in Atlanta.
It was dr. Diane alexander. I went there also and had bad experience. Avoid them.
Hi I am planning a TT in June and I plan to use dr. Wang Ashraf of artisan Any suggestions I read that u had a bad experience with Artisan plastic surgery
I had a wonderful experience with Dr. Alexander. Keep in mind that everyone's body is different and outcomes will vary. I had hernia repair/ full TT and am very pleased.
I'm so sorry.. Would you be willing to tell us the name of the Dr. Who preformed the procedure? What was the outcome? Did you express your dissatisfaction with the Dr.?
Hi there...I am so sorry to hear this. I also reside in Atlanta and am trying to find the right surgeon for a FTT. Do you mind me asking who you saw? Good luck and please keep us posted.

Here's a list of Atlanta Tummy Tuck doctors. Hope this helps.

It was dr. Diane alexander. Suggest avoiding. I had bad experience there also.

That's certainly not the way you want to feel after going through that expense, pain and inconvenience. Have you expressed your dissatisfaction to your surgeon?

Yes, the last time I visited the Dr was 2 months after my surgery, he said I needed to schedule a 30 min retouch in his office and may or may not need lipo?!.. I believe I need lipo, and several other retouches, I feel so disappointed. I thought after the tummy tuck, I'd be done with surgeries (I had 2 C-sections), so having to do additional work in my body doesn't make me happy at all :-(

Understandable! Is your surgeon willing to do the revisions free of charge?

Hi yuyi -- I'm so sorry to hear you've had a bad experience. You may want to post your questions to our Doctor Q&A forum. A lot of tummy tuck / mini tummy tuck doctors participate and will be able to give you guidance on the problems you mentioned.

Thanks, I did, however I couldn't post all the pictures I did share here.

Thanks, I just saw it. I added a link to this page so the doctors can see all of the photos. Hope this helps. :)

wow, thanks a lot.