Smartlipo Horror Story - Atlanta, GA

I had laser assisted "Smartlipo" in...

I had laser assisted "Smartlipo" in April 2010. I have lost the before photos, but have posted the after photos.

During the proceedure, I felt, several times, burning and pushing of the cannula, I was awake and let her know that there was to much heat and pressure. the laser burned COMPLETELY thru my skin on my tummy, I mean a hole! I went thru many months of awful pain and draining, she sulled fluid off the burned areas.

After a year of waiting to see if the inner tissue would "resolve" itself, she gave me several injections of cortisone, to lessen the bulging area adjcent to the burn. I was also given one round of Lipodissolve to lessen the fat that was NOT taken by the lipo proceedure.

After all this, I cannot get ANY resolution, I am deformed, permanently scarred, and left to pay for scar revision and more lipo. THIS IS NEGLIGENCE! PLEASE DO NOT LET THESE PEOPLE TALK YOU INTO LIPO!!! I am seeking legal action ASAP.

wow odd you lost that window to do something. im told in md we have a very long time. hmmm
I am so sorry you are dealing with this situation or dealt with it. Can you update us? Did you seek legal action?
No. By the time I FINALLY got an attorney to call me back, it was too late on the statue of limitations. I am just living with this, still, to date. I am hoping this winter, if I have the money, to get some consultations, and I am hoping someone can at the very least, even things out for me. It is so ugly.

My tummy now, STILL a lumpy mess.

I am updating this in hopes that I will be able to find a surgeon to help me correct this deformity and the scar.
ps...you might find it helpful to send these pics to dr yovino or dr rollins at elite body sculpture in beverly hills...they are incredible at revisions... hope this helps..
this is so sad. i just looked this place up and that lady is an anethesiologist...she isnt even a surgeon and has no surgical training whatsoever. it sickens me that people like this are allowed to go take a weekend smartlipo seminar and disfigure people and not lose their license for it...wow...i hope you nail her butt to the wall in court!! or at least start a fb blog and a campaign against this place so that nobody ever walks in there again....
Is it hard also or just lumps? Was any reason given for the problems with initial procedure?

June 2014 --UPDATE

As you can see from the above photo, I STILL look horrid! Not sure what to do at this point. The lumpy areas are not hard, jut uneven results. Was not able to get an attny. to take this case, as I waited too long. Maybe one day I can get this taken care of, until then I will just live with it.
Dr. Jessica McCabe

this was a horrible nightmare for me, and I hope to keep pthers from going to these people and ruining your body!