I Am 35 Yrs Old, One Kid, Pear Shaped Body, I Weight 213lb, and I Am 5'6" - Atlanta, GA

I am getting smartlipo to get rid of my two layer...

I am getting smartlipo to get rid of my two layer stomach fat. I went to get my consultation on Feb. 26, 2014 at American Lipo Center in Atlanta, Dr. Shotwell. My consultation was with his nurse Rosha(row-shay). They are having a special u/l abdomen and flank, so I decided I would like this for myself. Get three areas for half price! At the consultation they will tell you they don't have any specification for this procedure due to the sell. They will ask about your health history, weight check, and just any questions you will have. Today is the 10th so I actually met the doctor this morning. He is very cool and talks very gentle. He will explain to you not to have big expectation for the procedure because everyone's body react differently to Smartlipo. He tells you the difference between tackling hard fat and soft fat, which soft fat is easier to get out. He talks about the incisions and where he cuts you. I don't know what to feel right now as I am numb to the fact that this will hurt, but I want it so badly I just can't worry about pain at this point because my procedure is just the day after tomorrow...WOW!....Wednesday. I'll try to post pics, but it won't be too soon after my procedure, that's unless I get too excited and want to show off my results. Oh yeah I also ordered me a hand held massager to help the fluid and fat so it will not clump up and make lumps. I think this is the biggest mistake many make after Smartlipo not enough manipulation.

Today was the day!

I am so sore around my belly button area. It feels like stings of some sort, but this is where I had the most fat so Dr. Shotwell was awesome enough to work the heck out of it and my muffin. I was swollen so I didn't get a picture of my body yet, but i'll be posting it later when I stop stinging. But I do however have a picture of the jars of fat. I don't know how many mL they were, but will be finding out later.

Other than that the worse part was the stinking of the numbing, they burned. But the lidocaine was ok and the suction. One side of my flanks was sensitive, but it was ok. Overall it was a great experience.

Side note

I will be relating my experience after my follow up appointment.

Here is my fat take out. I am proud of it, it is about 9 or 10 lbs.

Yeah me! Even though this is day two I have to give credit to my husband who had my back, change my pads, and feed me. I love him so much!

Day 2 and last night i had my first shower after my surgery.

Here are two pictures of how I looked after I took my binder and stuff off. I am really pleased even though I still have lots of swelling. As you can see the muffin has really been deflated. Yeah! Me!

JUST A BEFORE and AFTER.

I still have a top "hood" over my navel, but it's swollen very badly because I remember Dr. Shotwell working the heck out of it. Also it is the most sensitive right now to touch, especially when I slide my compression garment up "OUCH!" So far its good and the work pleases me.

Not Sure isn't true!

I just wanted everyone who see " not sure" to know that I will update this when my swelling goes down, even though I do see results. Dr. Shotwell is an awesome doctor.

Front view before and after.

Feel good today just stinging here and there no serious pain like I've read. I'm just taking infection pills right now. I was itching last night and I took some benadryl and it stopped or I feel asleep which ever came first I don't remember. Now I am about to dreadfully go to Walmart for a body pillow..girls make sure you have one its a must for bed. I can't get comfortable worth a dime in bed. I am up and down all night whinning like a baby stacking pillows. I have ordered me another compression garment because the one the doctor gave me almost makes me pee on myself trying to unhook it and it feels funny when it pops over what use to be my muffin top. Well just an update and now the dreadful car ride to Wally.

Burning and Stinging and pinching oh my!

I haven't updated in a while because I have been battling stinging. It's so weird how this pain feels. I start with arnica oil, then coconut oil, the preparation h, well nothing helps because this is what it feels like when numbness goes away and healing began. The numbing shot feels better than this at least it's burning doesn't last this long. I have does ice packs, peas, and heat. Heat is the best. I started sleeping on my stomach which is more comfortable. No more back pains I notice as I had with my big stomach, it was breaking me down. A heavy stomach is just like a pair of heavy breast, will hurt your back. I will be adding picture updates soon. I am still happy with my results.

Two Week of Progress!

Im healing fast but still burning, itching, and stinging. But it cheers me up to know that my short size has gotten smaller and they look smoother on me. I can even wear tights like ever one else. I even walk the same two miles that we use to walk and we did it in no time. Im very proud of myself and more confident.

my mistake keyboard is crazy

I meant "shirt size" above here?

my stomach levels

Look at the four levels of healing!

Giving you better examples.

When I first started researching SMARTLIPO I found hardly no one my height, my weight, or my body type. That's why I tried to give more details and show more pics of the results side by side to give you the best results or to help you make the best decision for yourself. Nobody was my weight and body portion and I am hoping you can relate to my experience. Good luck on the new you and stay healthy.

I haven't forgot about cha!

Hi everyone! Just still stopped by to say I'm still loosing weight. I weigh 203lbs now, I was 211 after the surgery and that was coming from 216. I walk 7-8 miles a day and the one a day women vitamins are curving my appetite for some reason and I'm not complaining...LOL! Still w little itchy on my sides and under my navel but it all good. I still wear my garment at night and sometime through the day cause my stomach feels like pins and needles if I don't. But this is just the high lights NO COMPLAINT! I love the new me cause I don't get car sick, period are lighter with no cramps, pre diabetes are gone, and my sex drive is crazy good just because I made the right choice for me......I LOVE ME!

Getting a touch-up

Went to a follow up on September 11 and found out I'll need a retouch around my navel. So I decided to get a retouch in that whole area again. My result look good, but when I started exercising it looked as if my stomach became flabby. I do free weight squats and cardio on the cybex 760a for months. I really hate to do this again, but I want to look good. I wish I would have chosen Dr. b.Boutte for my surgeon because even though I'm mostly hips and breast, my waist should have gotten better results than what I have, and I have seen Dr. Boutte make women with bigger stomachs than mine look awesome. I think Dr. Shotwell's problem is he doesn't tell you to stand up so he can see where the fat is hanging or where he missed. My retouch surgery is next week October 8. Wish me luck.

Retouch photos

These are the areas. It's been six months.

RETOUCH DONE YESTERDAYYESTERDAY OCT. 22, 2014

I was a little nervous, but it all passed after I took the medication. I had read that a touch up in the same area hurts, but it didn't the only part that hurt was the numbing shots. As he was putting the fluid it you could feel popping and cracking like he was breaking vines. The Dr said that scar tissue that had healed from the first time I had SL in that area. He also used this vibrating tool that sucked and cut the scar. After it was all said and done he got out 2 lbs of fat. I will be showing new pic soon because I'm sore, but it wasn't as bad as the first time. I talked through the whole procedure. Dr. Shotwell kept asking are you alright and I was like Yeah.

Here are two pic front and side

You can do the comparison I really want my lower stomach even with my Mons pubic because I had a crease from the last SL session. So it looks a little swollen on the pictures, but I feel great. Dr. Shotwell didn't have to use any more laser for retouching so I guess that's what makes me have less pain than the first time I had SL. They say the second time hurt more in the same place, but I was good, I guess it was because of great drugs and excellent numbing.

Another note about Dr. Shotwell's office

This makes the second treatment he has done for me. Last time no one called and checked on me no one called to schedule an appointment. They make you feel once you get it the Doctor/patient relationship is over. You really have to call and ask for a follow up. Yes he is very busy, but you have to have time for your patients. This is his office only down side. They also try to get you off the phone quickly when you call and have any questions. The relationship is very one sided, it make you think it's all about the money and not your well being, as long as you make it off their operating table, the figure you should be good. Good Dr, just bad check up and recovery concerns.

try something different

I saw on YouTube where they lipod this guy to make a six pack and then they used 3m sponge tape to separate each muscle. So I decided this method would work to help keep the skin around my navel from dropping over my navel ring and making that ugly hump of skin/fat at the top. See pic. Also is using new CG cause the one they gave me is making the muffin pouch and got a nice zip up one that holds everything extra flat.Also corseting cause I want my muffin to adhere flat also.

new Cg that's a life saver

Zip up cg.

side profile of the cg

Have to do all my pic separate because my tablet keeps erasing my posts.

Before and after touch up photos

As you can see the doctor took a lot out that was bulging. I was tell him how ugly it a looked and asked could he at least try to level my lower fat with my pubic fat. Also the top over my navel he got a lot out there ad well. I will be posting another pic of it later cause it look entirely different from all this cause my husband's been massaging every night before bed time. He's so awesome!

Update pics

Still a small bit of swelling and a lot of deep tissue hardness. But these are great results this time...i love my tummy!

WOW! I finally got a call

Received a call from ALC checking to see how was my recovery. Made a two week appt to see Dr. Shotwell(I bet) What Starks me is the touch up wasn't as bad as the first time I got smartlipo and it was a month or two before I called myself and asked "do I suppose to get a check up or something?" She told me the first appt is with th Dr, then the second one with the nurse. Feeling special today, let's see what he says next week. #very grateful
Dr. Micheal Shotwell

Awesome doctor. He will explain everything you wanna know, just ask. He will ask if your okay many times, which means he's concerned about you while the procedure is going on.