TCA- 30% Questions! - Atlanta, GA

I am african american and decided to use a 30% TCA...

I am african american and decided to use a 30% TCA on my hyperpigmentation marks only. I have used 15-25% before and it had not burned my skin! However I used the 30 % last night and it frosted QUICKLY. it turned extremely white, about 15 minutes later it turned extremely dark and has been the same since! should I expect scarring?? help! how can I reverse the burn?

Please try to pre-treat your skin next time before applying any peels I know we want so badly to be rid of those terrible marks on our faces .But remember its the only one we have...Please do your homework and go on u-tube to watch videos....Plautium Skin Care is the one I have chosen and so far it's good....They even have someone to help you with any questions..Hope this helps!
if it is still the same. see yr dermatologist who understand yr needs. he may give you some top. steroid. mnine did yesterday. i am applying it twicw/dy
I did.. it is helping but TCA has done some permanent damage. I don't recommend this stuff at all
MOISTURIZe, and moisturize
Yeah. I've caked moisturizer on. No help. The steroid cream has improved the prob a lot. But the scars from the bumps are permanent.
look into scar revision. a doc who is known for this,b
where can i buy TCA peel at in atlanta,ga. if anyone know's can you please tell me. thanks.
EBay abt $10 for two small bottles of full strength..But I urge you to think twice abt it. Be extremely careful this stuff can mess your skin up.
THANKS
i wd go with amazon---skin obsession, or their own site......com--free shipping
I bought mine on eBay. 100% strenghth. Must dilute it DO NOT leave it on your skin for more than 5 minutes that's where I ran into trouble I left it on too long. Also wait six weeks before re use.
I STAY IN ATLANTA GA IN WAS WONDERING WHERE CAN I BUY TCA AT OR WHAT STORE. IN HOW MUCH DOES IT COST.IF YOU COULD OR ANYONE IN ATLANTA,GA TELL ME PLEASE EMAIL AT 25neldra25@gmail.com THANK YOU!
You can buy TCA on Amazon but PLEASE be cautious of you are doing home peels. Most of the time the TCA must be diluted in order to not hurt your skin.
skin obsession from amazon, BUT DONT LEAVE IT ON > 3MINS EVEN IF U DONT FEEL THE BURN
I used a tca peel and have regretted it. I wanted to deminish the size of my pores. It seems as if it have completely closed them in several places on my face. Trapped oils build up under my skin causing ugly bumps. I'll squeeze one and thick, cheesy, whitehead type stuff comes out of five or six spots of each lump. (Kinda like a super-whitehead) also, skin is peeling in thick callus-like plaques. My doc prescribed a strong steroid ointment that seems to be improving it but I don't think my skin will ever be healed. It's been two years of looking like I have alligator skin. I don't recommend tca at all
Be patient!!! It will get better but will take at least 10 days. Don't pick or rub it off. I know it's scary, but only time can tell.

Thank you for starting your review and joining the community.

I have attached a link with some great information from the doctors Q&A's on this topic. Discoloration + TCA Peel

I was going to give myself a TCA peel but I have thought about it more and I realize I need to wait for professional help. Thank-you for your help, I suspect you saved me a lot of grief!

Do your research and take your time.  This is a procedure that can have some bad results if not done correctly.

You'right about doing the research. Scars with severe pain would defeat the purpose. My interest in skin peels began 25 years ago. I met someone who gave herself "blue" peels. At the time, they were relatively unknown in the U.S.A. This lady was beautiful and looked looked terrific; at least 10 years younger than her "true" age. I don't know how many of these she had done professionally before she tried doing them herself or what strength they were. She was a casual friend. who preferred to keep her beauty regimen a secret. I'm beginning to realize that just because I can purchase a strong peel, doesn't mean it's safe in my amateur hands. Not yet anyway :-)
Good point!!