Please Help...Estimate Cost of Partial Removal? - Atlanta, GA

Hello guys...I got this tattoo around last...

Hello guys...I got this tattoo around last March(2012) and I deeply regret getting it.
I was 16 years old and I didn't know what in the world I was doing.

Basically, I rushed getting the tattoo done...didn't really study the artist's work and got it done the same day I asked about it. (walk in)
The phoenix is very poorly done. I want to laser it for partial removal and I will be aiming to get a cover up over it(half sleeve to chest panel black and grey phoenix Japanese style) by one of the best artist in my state.

Would anyone happen to know a ballpark estimate of how many sessions and the cost that it would take to lighten this enough for a clean cover up?

Thank you very much.

-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

Take it easy bro, al of us make mistakes as teenagers. I got also some tattoos I would love to remove or fade for a good cover up. We got laser technology that is helping and will help thousands more who are facing our same problems. HAve you heard about PICOSURE? this laser is the new thing! It targets all types of ink colors. The best part is that in less sessions you can fade or erase your tattoo! Try to find a Dr who operates this device! GOOD LUCK

Hopefully some community members can share with you what they paid for treatments of a similar tattoo. I would also encourage you to post your question in the Q&A section. That is where the board certified doctors that volunteer on RealSelf can share their opinions with you. My guess is they can give you some price estimates. You might also want to list out the colors you have in the tattoo since it seems some colors are easier to remove than others.

Thanks
They have that picosure laser in Atlanta,georgia.I think it would be more cost effective then the q switched yags that most techs offer.this laser is supposed to eliminatetattoos supposedly in half the time and treatments and there only used by board certified dermtologists.they did say howevert its more expensive but that might even out bythe Time you finished with the other lasers
Wow...thats amazing...Would you happen to know the exact place? I tried Googling but I can't seem to find the place. Thank you so much! This is awesome news!
Google picosure physicians and will show you the list.but I think.the website is dermatologyofatlanta.com
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

Stumbled across it on this site actually