Colorful Chest Plate Tattoo That Needs to Go - Atlanta, GA

Hello all, I am here to inquire information about...

Hello all, I am here to inquire information about the tattoo removal process. I have a fairly large colorful tattoo that covers about 75% of my chest(one side) and goes down the shoulders a little bit... to sum things up I was dumb and didn't think twice about it...I was 16 when I got it and I am 18 now. I hate myself for getting this blob of trash every time I look in the mirror. I am aiming for partial removal for a coverup. Thank God that the Picosure laser is here in Atlanta, but I am worried about all the red ink. I hear its very difficult to remove red ink.
I look forward to posting updates of my removal process whenever I've saved enough.
Reading other people's experiences have given me hope and motivation on getting this partially removed.

Thank you very much.

What it looks like now

Those first two photos were about 3 months after I got it done.

I got the tattoo in March 2012.
Heres what it looks like now...I got a quote added underneath The Phoenix in September 2012.

Hey there, just checking in to see how you are making out with removal - you are looking to do a cover up ..right?
Thank you so much hearing that red ink faded fast gives me more motivation to save.for removal
I think the newer the tattoo, the easier to remove. That's what I was told anyway.
My tech told me that tattoos on the chest are easier to remove because of a good blood supply to the area. I know you don'tlike it, but it's really a nice tattoo.
My tech told me that
Hi I have red in both of my tattoos that I am removing. The redish color in my roses on my chest faded very quickly the same goes for the heart on my arm. I have photos in my post for reference.
all of that shading will come out so fast! the best thing about fading for a cover up, is unless you want something really light, as long as the black is mostly gone the artist can easily cover up color ink! your tattoo is totally fade-able. if youre going to a doctor with picosure, they most likely have a q switch laser as well to treat the red ink. good luck! make sure you choose your next artist carefully too! unfortunatly, this is a mistake most of us can only afford to fix once!
Look forward to your updates, you will have no problem with fading for a cover up, especially with the pico laser! Look at "fullofregret" she has amazing results after just one treatment. Best of luck to you! B11

How much have they quoted you for the removal?

I haven't gone or set up for a consultation yet, but I was able to get a guesstimated quote through facebook messages with one of the dermatologist that works there...she said it could range from 550-750 and between 3-5 treatments just off photos I sent . You can see from the pictures that the tattoo has alot of black lining and shading...the picosure laser can remove those quickly but the problem is the red.they will have to use another laser for it
That is 3-5 treatments for partial removal (getting coverup)

Ah, ok. I'd love it if you would post pictures through the process, then one of your coverup at the end. It would be cool to see the final, finished result.

Also, please update us on which lasers they ultimately end up using for you - that is such helpful info for others.

Hoping the funds come your way soon so you can start your process. :)