Lipo of Abs, Waist, Bra Roll at Sono Bello Atlanta

On 3/28/2013 I had lipo of upper/lower abs, waist...

On 3/28/2013 I had lipo of upper/lower abs, waist and bra roll. Dr. Welsh (a board certified PS) performed my procedure. I originally went in asking for abs, waist and hips but he advised against the hips so I would keep a curvy figure. Since I was saving money by not doing hips I decided to do bra roll since that needed it too (not his suggestion, he did not try to sell me extra areas...but I wanted to get rid of this area to avoid more surgery down the road).

I went in for my procedure and the nurse gave me a cocktail of Xanax, phenergan and Vicodin. It was VERY effective and I have very few memories of the procedure. I don't remember any pain at all besides the lidocaine they injected into my skin to make the holes for the canula. The whole procedure went smoothly and I slept the whole way home (a 1.5 hour drive). I woke up at 3 am in pain And my hubby got mea Vicodin and 4 ibuprofen and that did the trick to get me back to sleep.

I slept until 9 am the next day and got up and took a shower. I was in significant discomfort but with max ibuprofen and occasional Vicodin I was able to go to the grocery store and pick my kids up from school.

I am 9 days post op now and haven't had any complications. I have been struggling with itching, but this is normal during wound recovery. I have been taking Claritin 10 mg every morning and I started taking Zyrtec every night two days ago as well. I am also taking Benadryl 50 mg at bedtime for itching and it helps with sleep too. Usually I am taking 1-2 extra Benadryl doses per day but I am an "itcher." most people probably wouldn't itch as much as me but I tend to itch easily.

My stomach is definitely smaller, but still greatly swollen. I can't wait to see my results in 1-3 months.

I have been at the beach this week for spring break but I could have gone back to work on post op day 5 if I had to. This is the only surgery I've ever had.

Dr. Welsh and the whole staff at sono bello have been great. It felt more like a day at the spa than a surgery.

I am starting back a low carb diet today (post op day 9). I still have a signicant amout of weight to lose tO hit my goal. I was 174 lbs 5'8" on surgery date and I haven't weighed since then bc Ive been on vacation. I am going to low carb and walk daily until I hit my goal of 160 lbs and then reassess everything then.

I weighed 145 when I got married and I'd love to make it closer to that number but it may be unrealistic 3 kids and 11 years later.

Getting this procedure is going to motivate me to stick to my lower carb diet and exercise. I was not exercising at all before my procedure other than walking once a week.

Tampa Facial Plastic Surgeon

The venus freeze was a total waste of money. I spent $2000 and saw no results. Also I wish I had the tummy tuck and lipo instead of just lipo. I've gained 10 pounds since my lipo but I never had great results even after the "6 months" of swelling went away. I wish I had saved my money and went to regular plastic surgeons office
I think you look great and from what I recall you were talking about if it was realistic to lose another 20 pounds which I think absolutely it should be if you just develop healthy lifestyle habits which I think is more important than any "diet." I had old fashion lipo when I was 132 and even though I gained 20 since then, the benefit has lasted and before I do anything else I want to get back to at least 145 which is totally doable if I get motivated to do it. I had stomach and hips that were ridiculous out of proportion no matter what I weighed .
Hello ladies I go to sonobello in Orlando Monday how do you both like your results now since it's been a year?
OMG, you look great!! Congrats!!! How's it coming along now?!? I already do venus freeze on my thighs but I'm considering doing smartlipo on my abs. Please keep us posted of your results! :)
thanks! I go for my first venus freeze treatment tomorrow. They say you can see an improvement almost instantly so I'm hoping it works. I will take pics after my venus freeze tomorrow...I think it's 4 weeks after my lipo tomorrow, but I'll have to check the calender. Things are still going good. I'm still having swelling but it definitely is an improvement from preop!
beautyskeptic, have you been going to sono bello for your venus freeze? what kind of results have you seen and how many treatments have you had?
I has 6 Venus on my abs and lost additional inch because it shrinks fat cells and breaks up the lumps. I needed 6. On my thighs I only needed 3 and lumps were gone. Sarah is Allison doing your Venus? She's awesome!!!
You look great. Huge difference. Keep in mind you're at the height of swelling and in 2 weeks will be much smaller!!
Thanks for the kind words Spyce! You are right I'm still swollen. I'm hoping to be smaller in 2-4 weeks :) ill take more pics at the 1 month mark
I am at day 9 and still swollen and sore. Scared a bit but I can see a major difference. I like what I see so far. I just have to be patient about the swelling.
Hi Suga, Did you go to Dr. Welsh too? I am 4 weeks post op today and still have major swelling. Hang in there. The people at Sono bello tell me that it only continues to get better until the 6 month mark. Did you do the sames areas as me (lower/upper abs, waist, bra roll)? I know of a great compression garmet if you did. Feel free to send me a PM :)
Dr. Talaie. I am 13 days post and swillen but it has gone down some. I can see the difference. My purchase came with a garment. I wear it everyday all day. It hurts to take on and off but a good pain because I see my new me everytime. I did upper/lower and waist.
How are you doing? I had a Sonobello consult a few months ago and curious why it takes 6 months to get full benefit as I remember, when I had lipo, the results were pretty immediate but I went and gained weight. I want to lose weight before making any decision about any of these types of tx and wonder how the venus freeze worked after you already had the lipo?