A Pleasant and Worthwhile Experience- Atlanta, GA

My first visit was a consultation at Vein...

My first visit was a consultation at Vein Innovations involved an ultrasound to determine if spider veins were my only problem. I conferred with Dr Frank Ferrier and we discussed possible treatment. He was most congenial and answered my questions patiently. We agreed on sclerotherapy and the use of compression stockings for a period of time. There was no charge for this consultation.
My second visit was a pleasant surprise. My treatment was performed by a delightful registered nurse named Jane. She called in Dr. Caudill to confirm her treatment. I expected the pain of the needle that I had experienced many years ago. But instead, Jane was very gentle and so professional that I barely felt a thing. She worked quickly and thoroughly for quite some time and while she was working we engaged in interesting and fun conversation. I do realize she was trying to distract me, and she succeeded.
I went back for my completion session today. Most of the spider veins she treated last time have disappeared and the tiny bruises of a few are rapidly disappearing.
I am so pleased with this professional "family" and their caring for the right treatment for each patient. The receptionist, both Dr. Ferrier and Dr. Caudill, the therapists and the office assistant are all a great and caring team and I will highly recommend them. Plus, I never waited more than 5 minutes.

Pat Jollay
I have concerns about Vein Innovations based on other unflattering reviews, and have done some research. They are known in the area as the billboard clinic. The two doctors (Caudill and Ferrer) with whom you "conferred" are both 75+ years old and are retired from other vein clinics or spas. They came to Vein Innovations after they retired, have not been there more than two years, and neither list Vein Innovations as their medical practice address with the Composite Board of Medical Examiners. They are paid parttime staff. The other two parttime staff doctors at the Johns Creek location are not vascular surgeons and have also not been with Vein Innovations for two years and they also don't list Vein Innovations as their medical practice address (they actually have another general surgical practice in Johns Creek not affiliated with Vein Innovations). Your procedure was done by a nurse who was a former obgyn nurse--not a trained vascular professional. The owner is David Martin, another RN. He is not a doctor, a PA, or NP--no extensive training. They don't do research, they list no professional affilations or boards on their website, do not belong to the BBB, and for alll their lack of professional credentials THEY ARE NOT EVEN CHEAPER! In fact they have been accused at least 3 times for performing unnecessary and expensive procedures on several people--one of them in this forum paid 13k for a procedure she didn't even get. Vein Innovations is all image, smoke and mirrors. This forum is to help people make informed choices about their healthcare, and should not be used as just another cheap advertising venue.

The comment from "Aimee Jo" underscores the problems with sites such as this allowing anonymous negative reviews without verifying them as factual. One such reviewer posted negative comments here after being sent to collections for failing to pay her bill. This latest one is not even a review; merely "research" done by an unhappy competitor and former employee of ours. It is an unfortunate fact of life now for all businesses that anyone with an ax to grind can do so with relative impunity, and in the shadow of a false identity. We at VeinInnovations have always prided ourselves on providing the best possible vein care to our patients and have been doing so for the past 11 years. we are Atlanta's oldest and most experienced full-service vein practice, and the first to focus on venous disease as a full-time clinical endeavor. We encourage anyone evaluating practices for vein care to go to our website, where there is accurate information about our practice and our staff, and real testimonials from actual patients.

My review is factual. In fact, for more verifiable information, check out the State Court of DeKalb County where Vein Innovations and Dr. Caudill are being sued for malpractice by Larry and Debra Sheridan. Civil Action File No. 13A47353. After that check out Fulton Superior Court docket where on June 27, 2013, a jury of 12 found against Vein Innovations in favor of a vascular surgeon to the tune of 545k. Then go back to the Superior Court of DeKalb County where Veininnovations and David Martin have been sued several times by doctors and other medical personnel. This information is not included on their website. By the way, Veininnovations IS NOT the largest vein clinic in Georgia, and it IS NOT the preferred vein clinic for doctors and nurses. The purpose of this blog is to help consumers make INFORMED choices about medical providers and medical procedures based on real information--not advertising propaganda and paid for testimonials.
Dr. Frank Ferrier, MD.FACS

My doctor was very informative and answered all of my questions. He explained the process to me.