Think Hard About Veneers - Atlanta, GA

Bottom line: i should have considered braces first...

Bottom line: i should have considered braces first to correct my tooth spacing, and probably followed up with a no/low prep veneer to fix shape of teeth (if needed).

I have a slight overbite, somewhat small teeth, and some of my teeth were a little spacey. You couldn't really notice the spaciness because when I bit down, my bottom teeth would "fill in" the gaps from behind my top teeth. I wanted veneers to close the gaps and reshape my teeth.

The dental assistant had braces and she mentioned that I should give it a try to correct the spacing, but I was thinking that it obviously that wouldn't help the shape of my teeth... so let's go for the quick fix on my 4 front teeth. I didn't do much research about veneers, I just knew celebrities had nice teeth!

Pros -the experience wasn't that bad -I loved my smile afterwards, and always received compliments

Cons -when the veneers came back from the lab, they looked a little off. Overall they were fine, but up close the cut/shape of the two front teeth was odd (not perfectly straight) -the veneers on my two lateral incisors have popped off every year. 2x for my right and 3x for my left It costs ~$100 to get them re-cemented, I will probably go get fitted for a new veneer for the one that is currently off.

Then purchase a mouth guard since I clench sometimes. I feel like I have bitten my veneers right off a few times.

My doctor was fine up until my veneers starting falling off. Sometimes staff was unresponsive as far as returning phone calls to schedule appointments. She never gave me the time to explain why this might be happening and what we could do to fix it.