IPL After 2 Sessions - Atlanta, GA

I wanted to get a photofacial because I heard that...

I wanted to get a photofacial because I heard that it can help get rid of broken capillaries. After the 1st session, I did notice alot of dark brown specks on the surface of my skin immediately after. After a week, they all flaked off. My bigger spots faded.

My second session, my skin did the same thing, only I had less brown spots. However my capillaries are still there. I did ask my technician about that on the 2nd visit. She mentioned that IPL produces a scattered laser and so there is a 50/50 chance it may help with reducing the capillaries. If I wanted to make sure they are gone, I would have to pay for a direct laser. I have 2 more IPL sessions so we will have to wait and see.

My first visit, I took 2 advils and it was fine. 2nd visit, didn't get a chance. Doesn't hurt too bad. Felt the same both times. It is bearable. No need to pay for numbing cream. And it's quick! Also, I am asian and tan very easy. I was told to use 4% hydroquinone for ~2wks before my treatment so that I don't tan with the laser. I think it helped because I see other horror stories where people have these tan lines. If only their techs told them about hydroquinone. I did stop retin A for week prior as well.

First time I got an ice pack to relieve the mild redness and cool down my face. Only lasted a short time. 2nd trip, there was very minimal redness. I was not given a cold compress this time, so I could feel the heat on my face for a couple hours. Still, it was bearable. Overall, skin looks very clear and even toned. Dark spots do fade/flake. Would definitely recommend. Though I have yet to see any effect on broken capillaries.

Hi Denise, I got my treatments at Blue Med Spa in Midtown. Tish/Trish was my technician and she was great and very gentle with my skin.
Hi jentrstno 1, thanks for sharing your experience, it gives me much more confidence to ahead and do this, could you please tell us what medspa you went to (specifically) I tried to google medspa atlanta but there several locations in town. Thank you so much.
HI there! I know I'm super late but I'm thinking about getting the FotoFacial treatment with Aya Medical Spa and they're having a seasonal special. Where did you go to get your treatments (I like in Buckhead of Atlanta)? Also, I am Chinese and I tan easily and rarely burn as well. If you look at my profile picture, I'm pretty much olive but I still wonder if I can get the IPL treatment for my broken capillaries and dark spots. Oh yes, how did the broken capillaries go after your last two treatments, see any results? Thanks much!
MedSpa

No aftercare needed. Procedure does work on sunspots. I will have to update on capillaries after my 4th procedure and if people are interested in hearing more about my review.