IPL After 2 Sessions - Atlanta, GA

I wanted to get a photofacial because I heard that...

I wanted to get a photofacial because I heard that it can help get rid of broken capillaries. After the 1st session, I did notice alot of dark brown specks on the surface of my skin immediately after. After a week, they all flaked off. My bigger spots faded.

My second session, my skin did the same thing, only I had less brown spots. However my capillaries are still there. I did ask my technician about that on the 2nd visit. She mentioned that IPL produces a scattered laser and so there is a 50/50 chance it may help with reducing the capillaries. If I wanted to make sure they are gone, I would have to pay for a direct laser. I have 2 more IPL sessions so we will have to wait and see.

My first visit, I took 2 advils and it was fine. 2nd visit, didn't get a chance. Doesn't hurt too bad. Felt the same both times. It is bearable. No need to pay for numbing cream. And it's quick! Also, I am asian and tan very easy. I was told to use 4% hydroquinone for ~2wks before my treatment so that I don't tan with the laser. I think it helped because I see other horror stories where people have these tan lines. If only their techs told them about hydroquinone. I did stop retin A for week prior as well.

First time I got an ice pack to relieve the mild redness and cool down my face. Only lasted a short time. 2nd trip, there was very minimal redness. I was not given a cold compress this time, so I could feel the heat on my face for a couple hours. Still, it was bearable. Overall, skin looks very clear and even toned. Dark spots do fade/flake. Would definitely recommend. Though I have yet to see any effect on broken capillaries.

MedSpa

No aftercare needed. Procedure does work on sunspots. I will have to update on capillaries after my 4th procedure and if people are interested in hearing more about my review.