Pulled the Trigger and Paid the Deposit..... - Atlanta, GA

Well I have been reading stories on this site for...

Well I have been reading stories on this site for over 2 months now and figured it was time to add my own. I am a 33 year old, happily married mother of two beautiful children. Like most moms on this site these kiddos stretched my body to the limits and my body never recovered. (My oldest was 8 lbs 7oz and birthed vaginally while my youngest was 10 lbs 12oz and was born by C-section) I gained approximately 65 lbs with each baby. I am 5'7" and I was always a healthy 120-130lbs before kids and post kids hover more around the 150 mark. With that extra weight came the mom pooch which dictates every clothing choice I make. I am tired of wearing spanx under every dress and maxi skirt I own...so with my hubby's full support I have chosen to have the mommy makeover done in August.

After spending hours and hours researching the procedure as well as surgeons in the area I made my appointments for consultations. I went to 3 different doctors and after careful consideration I decided to go with Dr. Davoudi. He was the only doc to perform a breast exam and was the only one to spend more than an hour with me during the consultation. He described every procedure in detail and made me feel very comfortable. He also operates in a hospital which puts my mind at ease if anything were to go wrong.

I've paid my deposit and selected my surgery date for 8/22/2014. So as of today I have 39 days till my procedure. I'm having a full abdominoplasty, liposuction of epigastric, anterior and posterior flanks, as well as a breast lift and breast augmentation.

I cannot wait to have this done. As of now I am SUPER excited and not really scared at all...I'm sure that will change as surgery gets closer. As of today I am 153 lbs but would like to be closer to 140 when I have the surgery so I can have the best results possible. I will post pics when I get closer to the surgery so I have accurate pre and post op photos.

Wish pics

I've spent hours online and on this site looking for the perfect "wish pics". These are the best ones I can find that I will be sharing with my PS two weeks from today. I cannot believe that I am only 2 weeks from my pre op appointment and only 23 days until my actual surgery. I've been so busy at work lately that I haven't even had time to be nervous or anxious about the procedure. Right now I'm just excited! I'm sure it will become much more real after my pre op appointment when I pay the $15,000 balance and choose my implants. Hope these pics come in handy for others and save y'all some time lol! Happy healing to those who've had their surgeries this week.

Had my pre op yesterday

Well it definitely feels more real now! I had my pre op appt with Dr. Davoudi yesterday and am getting really excited! My surgery is a week from tomorrow...I keep waiting to feel nervous or scared but so far it's still all excitement. Overall I think I am going to be really happy with the results. I showed the doc my wish pics from above and told him I would like to be between a full D and a DD cup after surgery. He seemed very confident that he would be able to get me the flat tummy and breasts that I want. Ahhhh I just cannot wait to get in and out of surgery.

Mentally I feel like I'm ready but I still have a lot of things to buy for my recovery. My hubby and I bought a recliner and I've got most of what I need for the 7 day liquid diet that I start on Friday. I have a giant list of things to buy for post op and this Saturday is my only day to get it all done. Nothing like procrastinating right?
Once I get all of those things purchased I will be in good shape.

The one concern I do have is the amount of time that I am taking off of work. Including my day of surgery I'll only be off work for 10 days with the option to take an additional day or two to work from home. I know I won't be able to shower or drive until my drains are out so I am praying they are out by day 10. From most of my research on here it looks like most women lose their drains within the first 10 days so I guess I will deal with it as it comes. I am definitely open to any tips on how to not swell or what to do to maximize recovery time so drains can be removed and I can return to work by day 12 at the latest.

I will post my before pics the night before surgery. The hubs has been chomping at the bit to take naked pics of me for the first time in our nearly 15 year relationship lol! I told him I'm waiting till after the 7 day liquid diet....he can take the pics then! Good luck to all those with surgery this week and happy healing ;)

Tomorrow is the BIG day

Well at 8am tomorrow I will be in the operating room getting my mommy makeover! I can't believe that surgery day is already here. I've got everything set up for tomorrow and I think I am as mentally prepared as I can be. It will be hard to kiss my kiddos tomorrow when we drop them at school and probably equally as hard when I kiss my hubby before they wheel me in. I just have to keep thinking that it will all be worth it in the end. I am FINALLY posting my before pics. I was hoping that a 7 day liquid diet would slim me down a bit more but honestly I only lost 1 lb....SUPER frustrating. 7 days with no real food (only muscle milk light, activia yogurt, bananas and sugar free jello or pudding and I have no real loss to show for it. Guess that is why the surgeon makes the big bucks so he can get me the flat tummy I've wanted for the last 6 years.

It's time for my Smooth move tea and Xanax combo lol! Happy healing to those post op and I will see you on the flat side ;)

4 days post op

Can't believe it took me four days to get on here post op! I'll go back to surgery day which went well. Checked in for surgery at 7am and Dr. Davoudi came in and marked me up and wheeled me back. The anesthesiologist came in and proclaimed herself "the bartender" which made me chuckle....and that's the last thing I remember before I woke up in recovery. Was in a crazy amount of pain and in and out of consciousness due to Morphine. The hubs brought the kiddos to see me and I was so nervous they'd be freaked out but they couldn't care less lol! I stayed the first night in the hospital...anyone who goes home right away must be a super hero cuz I couldn't imagine going home. Even my husband who was adamant that we save the $800 hospital fee didn't even blink when I said I was staying. I don't think he wanted to have to take out the catheter ha!

When I did get home late Saturday afternoon I was really uncomfortable but was able to keep most of the pain at the bay with the Percocet. Eating has been quite difficult especially with the Percocet already making me nauseous. Until this afternoon my largest meal was a whole wheat English muffin. I think I have finally timed my meals with my meds and gotten a whole day without nausea or being exhausted. I will say that the Percocet has made me itchy all over so I've been taking Benedryl (per docs orders) to help with that.

I am really pleased with my results so far. My breasts are exactly what I wanted and my hubs seems pretty pleased as well. My tummy is super flat but there is a ton of rippling at the bottom? That's normal right? My surgeon says it will flatten out with time. My drain spots hurt more than anything, like a weird stinging sensation. I'm not draining a ton of fluid and the doc thought I'd be able to have at least 1 removed on Thursday.

The surprising part is my ass hurts a TON! To say its swollen would be the understatement of the century. You would think that with this much swelling and bruising I have that I had BBL. IT'S HUGE!!! I can't get over the sheer mass of my backside...hoping all of the swelling goes down soon. I'll post pics tomorrow. The hubs has all the pics on his phone and by the time I was ready to write this his phone had died :(

I will say the best purchases I made for this surgery were my female urinal (an absolute lifesaver) and all the cheap tube dresses I bought to wear and it's been nice to not have to worry about zippers or buttons and no pants to worry about rubbing against my TT scar.

Mt post op pics

Well as of today I am 12 days post op. I am still pretty sore especially in my hips and my rear. The swelling I was experiencing the first few days has subsided for the most part. Dr. Davoudi says I am still about 30% swollen in the tummy so I can't wait to see the final results after all the swelling goes down. I went back to work yesterday and was able to work from home which was nice. Today I was fully back including traveling and on my feet for the better part of my 9 hour day. I AM SORE!!! The weekend cannot come fast enough lol

I am finally posting my after pics. I am very pleased with my results thus far and am feeling a little bit better each day. A couple of questions I have for those of you that are further along in your healing...

1. How long until you were able to sleep in your bed? I cannot lay flat even with pillows for support. The lazy boy is getting a little old lol
2. How long did your tummy stay numb?
3. I stopped taking my pain meds during the day but still need them at the end of my work day to be able to sleep comfortably...how long after surgery did you all need to continue taking meds?
4. For those that had lipo how long did it take until the pain in your hips and rear went away?

Congrats to those now on the flat side and happy healing to those who are having surgery this week.
Atlanta Plastic Surgeon

How is the rippling doing in your scar line? Considering daviudi too.
The rippling has gone down a lot! I had my 4 week follow up this morning and Davoudi said they should be completely gone by 8 weeks post. Each week gets easier and easier. Absolutely go see Dr. Davoudi...he's AMAZING!
You look bellisima!!! please a need to take my decision about de surgeon can you put more picture please.. Thanks
You look amazing
Thank you!!
Stumbled upon your story! I don't live far from you and you and I are about the same height/weight. I've been contemplating this surgery for 8 years! I had toxemia with my first pregnancy and was on bed rest and very, very sick-the swelling from the toxemia did a number on my body for sure!! So I have to ask, was it worth it and are you happy with the results? I go back and forth on whether I should do it or not, because unfortunately my husband is not very supportive. I really worry about the recovery since he'll be little help and I have 2 kids ages 5 and 9 and I own my own business!!
MaraK I think it was 100% worth it! I have spent the last 7 years hiding my belly and stuffing my deflated boobs into push up bras. I was so tired of hiding my flaws with flowy tops and not feeling comfortable in my own skin. Even though I am still swollen and I'm still sleeping in a recliner and I'm wearing uncomfortable garments while it's 92 degrees outside I would do it all again tomorrow. I am going shopping tomorrow for a business trip and am actually looking forward to trying on clothes for the first time in a REALLY long time ;) Now with that all being said my husband was incredibly supportive and it would've been mighty difficult to make it through without him. I'm so sorry your husband isn't more on board with the procedure. My mom came the entire first week and waited on me which was awesome. Do you have family that can help you through the first week? That was when I needed the most help. If you can get a family member or really close friend to take care of you for the first week you could totally do it! Let me know if you have any questions and I'd be glad to help ;) And if you live close go see Dr. Davoudi for a consultation....he's been WONDERFUL!!!
1. It was almost 1 1/2 before I could lay comfortable in the bed on my side not flat on my back or stomach...I'm 7 months post op and I still can't lay flat on either side. 2. I have feeling in my stomach, but right above my incision on my right side feels funny when I rub or touch it. I'm guessing it goes away over time. 3. Everybody different I stopped a month or so after my surgery. 4. I'm 7 months old and my hips still have swelling (not much). I'm hoping that helps. Happy Recovery!
Thanks so much kee2014! Very helpful ;)
You look fantastic!!!!
Thanks Fnygyrl! Good luck on your upcoming surgery and let me know if you have any questions I can help with ;) I'm no expert only 13 days into recovery but glad to help where I can!
I am only 1 day ahead of you in the healing process, but just wanted to say hi! & that I did all the same surgeries. So far I'm healing well and so happy with my results! I hope you are healing & feeling well! :)
Glad to hear you are healing well. So happy that you're pleased with the results so far ;) I'm feeling well but wishing I could've taken another week off of work lol 10 days off was not enough! Hopefully you are able to relax and heal this weekend. Are you still swollen from lipo at all? That is still me biggest area of discomfort. Counting down the days till I can sleep in my bed on my side again. Happy healing!!
Really interested to hear how things go. I'm in the early stages of considering an MM procedure, and from what I see online, I think Dr. Davoudi might be my choice.
Davoudi has been amazing so far. I am happy with my breasts and will be even more happy with my tummy when the rest of the swelling goes down. I'm here if you have any questions ;)
Things will improve a little each day for you! Keep us posted...
Hey I have rippling also! I went to the same ps he is awesome and I was told that the rippling will go away in time!! What size and type of implants did you get? Good luck and happy healing:)
Oh that puts my mind at ease! Glad we are in the same boat! I think he went with 375cc on the left and 425cc on the right. I'll have to get specifics during my post op tomorrow. Do you have an insane amount of bruising on your butt as well? I just had lypo back there but looking at my bum you would think I had a full on Brazilian butt lift. Woke up today in an awful amount of pain (I had gone too long between pain killers) and I am still in pain and I just took my 10am dose. Hoping it kicks in soon, yesterday was such a good day with no nausea and little pain I was thinking I had turned some sort of corner. How are you feeling today? How long ago was your surgery?
I go to him tomorrow also! I have 360cc in both..my butt looks super flat because my tummy so flat. I'm finally starting to see the shape of my tummy and liposuction. I do have huge bruising and lumps on my butt and sides. Today and yesterday was bad as far as the swelling goes it feels like It does when u breast feed and your breast are too full lol. Other than that I'm ok. The compression garment they give you helps with your posture. I am 11 post my surgery was at 8 on aug15
I'm 4 months post op I had the same ripples and they do smooth out... looking good ladies
How are you doing? I had my MM on the same.day. Experiencing back pain and stinging at the drain sites if they get moved slightly. Ouch.
Today is the first day where I've had an entire day with no nausea or dizziness. Pain sounds similar to yours with the drain sights. How are you feeling?
Im feeling alright. Most of the pain is from very sore shoulders and back. Bad posture when sleeping I think. My hips start off really sore when I first wake up though. I get al scared to sit up in the morning! Drains have been better, or maybe I'm getting more use to them. Hope to get one or both out tomorrow!
Hoping you are doing well! Keep us posted when you are up to it!
Congrats and Good luck on your recovery!!!! Dr. Davoudi the best 29 weeks post my results are amazing. Be prepared for the swelling and buying multiple compression garments that's comfortable for you (really tight). Happy Healing : )