Pulled the Trigger and Paid the Deposit..... - Atlanta, GA

Well I have been reading stories on this site for...

Well I have been reading stories on this site for over 2 months now and figured it was time to add my own. I am a 33 year old, happily married mother of two beautiful children. Like most moms on this site these kiddos stretched my body to the limits and my body never recovered. (My oldest was 8 lbs 7oz and birthed vaginally while my youngest was 10 lbs 12oz and was born by C-section) I gained approximately 65 lbs with each baby. I am 5'7" and I was always a healthy 120-130lbs before kids and post kids hover more around the 150 mark. With that extra weight came the mom pooch which dictates every clothing choice I make. I am tired of wearing spanx under every dress and maxi skirt I own...so with my hubby's full support I have chosen to have the mommy makeover done in August.

After spending hours and hours researching the procedure as well as surgeons in the area I made my appointments for consultations. I went to 3 different doctors and after careful consideration I decided to go with Dr. Davoudi. He was the only doc to perform a breast exam and was the only one to spend more than an hour with me during the consultation. He described every procedure in detail and made me feel very comfortable. He also operates in a hospital which puts my mind at ease if anything were to go wrong.

I've paid my deposit and selected my surgery date for 8/22/2014. So as of today I have 39 days till my procedure. I'm having a full abdominoplasty, liposuction of epigastric, anterior and posterior flanks, as well as a breast lift and breast augmentation.

I cannot wait to have this done. As of now I am SUPER excited and not really scared at all...I'm sure that will change as surgery gets closer. As of today I am 153 lbs but would like to be closer to 140 when I have the surgery so I can have the best results possible. I will post pics when I get closer to the surgery so I have accurate pre and post op photos.

Wish pics

I've spent hours online and on this site looking for the perfect "wish pics". These are the best ones I can find that I will be sharing with my PS two weeks from today. I cannot believe that I am only 2 weeks from my pre op appointment and only 23 days until my actual surgery. I've been so busy at work lately that I haven't even had time to be nervous or anxious about the procedure. Right now I'm just excited! I'm sure it will become much more real after my pre op appointment when I pay the $15,000 balance and choose my implants. Hope these pics come in handy for others and save y'all some time lol! Happy healing to those who've had their surgeries this week.

Had my pre op yesterday

Well it definitely feels more real now! I had my pre op appt with Dr. Davoudi yesterday and am getting really excited! My surgery is a week from tomorrow...I keep waiting to feel nervous or scared but so far it's still all excitement. Overall I think I am going to be really happy with the results. I showed the doc my wish pics from above and told him I would like to be between a full D and a DD cup after surgery. He seemed very confident that he would be able to get me the flat tummy and breasts that I want. Ahhhh I just cannot wait to get in and out of surgery.

Mentally I feel like I'm ready but I still have a lot of things to buy for my recovery. My hubby and I bought a recliner and I've got most of what I need for the 7 day liquid diet that I start on Friday. I have a giant list of things to buy for post op and this Saturday is my only day to get it all done. Nothing like procrastinating right?
Once I get all of those things purchased I will be in good shape.

The one concern I do have is the amount of time that I am taking off of work. Including my day of surgery I'll only be off work for 10 days with the option to take an additional day or two to work from home. I know I won't be able to shower or drive until my drains are out so I am praying they are out by day 10. From most of my research on here it looks like most women lose their drains within the first 10 days so I guess I will deal with it as it comes. I am definitely open to any tips on how to not swell or what to do to maximize recovery time so drains can be removed and I can return to work by day 12 at the latest.

I will post my before pics the night before surgery. The hubs has been chomping at the bit to take naked pics of me for the first time in our nearly 15 year relationship lol! I told him I'm waiting till after the 7 day liquid diet....he can take the pics then! Good luck to all those with surgery this week and happy healing ;)

Tomorrow is the BIG day

Well at 8am tomorrow I will be in the operating room getting my mommy makeover! I can't believe that surgery day is already here. I've got everything set up for tomorrow and I think I am as mentally prepared as I can be. It will be hard to kiss my kiddos tomorrow when we drop them at school and probably equally as hard when I kiss my hubby before they wheel me in. I just have to keep thinking that it will all be worth it in the end. I am FINALLY posting my before pics. I was hoping that a 7 day liquid diet would slim me down a bit more but honestly I only lost 1 lb....SUPER frustrating. 7 days with no real food (only muscle milk light, activia yogurt, bananas and sugar free jello or pudding and I have no real loss to show for it. Guess that is why the surgeon makes the big bucks so he can get me the flat tummy I've wanted for the last 6 years.

It's time for my Smooth move tea and Xanax combo lol! Happy healing to those post op and I will see you on the flat side ;)

4 days post op

Can't believe it took me four days to get on here post op! I'll go back to surgery day which went well. Checked in for surgery at 7am and Dr. Davoudi came in and marked me up and wheeled me back. The anesthesiologist came in and proclaimed herself "the bartender" which made me chuckle....and that's the last thing I remember before I woke up in recovery. Was in a crazy amount of pain and in and out of consciousness due to Morphine. The hubs brought the kiddos to see me and I was so nervous they'd be freaked out but they couldn't care less lol! I stayed the first night in the hospital...anyone who goes home right away must be a super hero cuz I couldn't imagine going home. Even my husband who was adamant that we save the $800 hospital fee didn't even blink when I said I was staying. I don't think he wanted to have to take out the catheter ha!

When I did get home late Saturday afternoon I was really uncomfortable but was able to keep most of the pain at the bay with the Percocet. Eating has been quite difficult especially with the Percocet already making me nauseous. Until this afternoon my largest meal was a whole wheat English muffin. I think I have finally timed my meals with my meds and gotten a whole day without nausea or being exhausted. I will say that the Percocet has made me itchy all over so I've been taking Benedryl (per docs orders) to help with that.

I am really pleased with my results so far. My breasts are exactly what I wanted and my hubs seems pretty pleased as well. My tummy is super flat but there is a ton of rippling at the bottom? That's normal right? My surgeon says it will flatten out with time. My drain spots hurt more than anything, like a weird stinging sensation. I'm not draining a ton of fluid and the doc thought I'd be able to have at least 1 removed on Thursday.

The surprising part is my ass hurts a TON! To say its swollen would be the understatement of the century. You would think that with this much swelling and bruising I have that I had BBL. IT'S HUGE!!! I can't get over the sheer mass of my backside...hoping all of the swelling goes down soon. I'll post pics tomorrow. The hubs has all the pics on his phone and by the time I was ready to write this his phone had died :(

I will say the best purchases I made for this surgery were my female urinal (an absolute lifesaver) and all the cheap tube dresses I bought to wear and it's been nice to not have to worry about zippers or buttons and no pants to worry about rubbing against my TT scar.

Mt post op pics

Well as of today I am 12 days post op. I am still pretty sore especially in my hips and my rear. The swelling I was experiencing the first few days has subsided for the most part. Dr. Davoudi says I am still about 30% swollen in the tummy so I can't wait to see the final results after all the swelling goes down. I went back to work yesterday and was able to work from home which was nice. Today I was fully back including traveling and on my feet for the better part of my 9 hour day. I AM SORE!!! The weekend cannot come fast enough lol

I am finally posting my after pics. I am very pleased with my results thus far and am feeling a little bit better each day. A couple of questions I have for those of you that are further along in your healing...

1. How long until you were able to sleep in your bed? I cannot lay flat even with pillows for support. The lazy boy is getting a little old lol
2. How long did your tummy stay numb?
3. I stopped taking my pain meds during the day but still need them at the end of my work day to be able to sleep comfortably...how long after surgery did you all need to continue taking meds?
4. For those that had lipo how long did it take until the pain in your hips and rear went away?

Congrats to those now on the flat side and happy healing to those who are having surgery this week.
Atlanta Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Davoudi was phenomenal throughout the whole process. He is an artist and was able to sculpt my body into exactly what I wanted. I haven't been this confident in my appearance in over a decade. I liked that he was the only doctor at his practice and whenever my husband or I had ANY questions HE was the one who answered the phone. His staff is also impeccable. I always felt welcome and at ease going in for pre op and post op visits. I don't think my experience could have been any better and I highly recommend him to anyone in Georgia looking for a world class plastic surgeon.