SO Worth It, Seriously - Atlanta, GA

I struggled with hyperhidrosis for years, but one...

I struggled with hyperhidrosis for years, but one of my main concerns was odor. No matter how much deodorant I used, or showers I took, after a while my underarms would smell. I did not soak my clothes with sweat or have large noticeable sweat rings. I have tried a ton of different deodorants, antiperspirants, prescription antiperspirant, home remedies, Botox injections and pills. Nothing ever seemed to work, until Miradry!

I scheduled a consultation and then planned the actual date I would get it done. First, they make a tattoo outline over your armpit and give you the numbing injections; these were definitely uncomfortable, but not nearly as bad as the Botox injections… in my opinion. Then, they take the machine and place it on the armpit following the tattoo grid. It is held over the armpit and you feel suction. There were a few times where I actually felt it because that part of my underarm was not numb. I’m not going lie, it hurts. But I would say for 90 percent of the procedure, I did not feel it. After both arms are done, you get ice packs and you’re free to go. I was able to drive home with no problems. I would recommend icing as much as possible. I think I took 500mg of acetaminophen. I had swelling, no bruising and my underarms were lumpy. Certain areas were numb for a few weeks and I had a pain that went down my arm when I reached a certain way for a few weeks but it’s gone now! Since this is my first treatment, I think the last one will bring even better results. I sweat and smell like a normal person now! It has truly been life changing!

* I got the treatment on level 1 the first time, I think I will go to level 2 for the next.
Thank you, let me know if you have any questions!

I love how detailed you were with describing the procedure! I'm sure that information will be so helpful to someone about to go in for their treatment and not sure what to expect.

How great that it worked for you!! Please let us know if you start to notice any sweating or odor coming back between now and your next treatment.

I got my second treatment! Pretty much went the...

I got my second treatment! Pretty much went the same as the first. This time I went to level two. Just like the first time my underarms are still sore and it usually takes about 2 months for the soreness and numbness to go away( yes, they are both numb and sore in certain spots,lol) I am so happy with the results and highly recommend the procedure. I have improved even more and I wear deodorant just to be safe. I love being confident and not having to worry about odor and sweat!

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Mara Grosswald

I did research on the internet.