LifeStyle Lift Nightmare! - Atlanta/Marietta, GA

BEWARE !  I was very disappointed in what...

BEWARE

!  I was very disappointed in what was advertised versus what I wound up with. I wanted to freshen my eyes and they talked me into a mini-lift. (The consultant indicated that I could save this much $$$1200 if I signed today.)

Both eyelids were cut differently, one was not even in the crease of my eye. One eye was cut like a cat eye with a curve on the end and the other eye was cut straight across and a pocket of fat was left to hang over the straight cut. My EARS GREW much longer and hurt constantly. The pain was intolerable. My face stayed swollen black and blue for 3 weeks. The pain, the crunching noises, the smell, there is no way to describe how horrible the experience is. When I complained about my eyes after they started to heal up and you could really tell how different they were, LSL kicked me to the curb. Their suggestion was for me to have a brow lift... that would have only made the scar on the eye that was not in the crease look even worse. The surgeon did not like being questioned on my visit to remove my sutures (which they left 1/2 of them in) about why he cut me twice behind one ear. He told me to grow up.

In the beginning I only wanted them to fix my one eye that was cut straight across & remove the fat bag. I refused to see Dr. KK after his hateful 1st visit antics. I had no idea that he did not work for LSL and that he was/is a freelance surgeon and he has his own practice closer to me than LSL in Marietta. (He also offers his own version of the “One Hour Lunch Hour Lift”) I returned to the home office thinking I signed up for the surgery with them, they would be the ones that would help me. They refused to do what I ask for. So, I asked for my money back to have my eye fixed by another doctor, again, excuse, excuse and more excuses. They kept having me drive over 100 miles to see them (5 times for follow ups + 2 original visits) to see if there was any improvement and they never took any notes nor pictures until I showed up with my husband. When my husband was with me, the General Mgr. joined in along with Dr. W. I asked for my after pictures to be taken at this time and they were.

My ears continued to hurt like a toothache. The skin felt like it was wadded up behind my ears and my lobes were stitched to my face. I could not stand to wear earrings at all for the first 5 months. I could not sleep on my side, it hurt to talk on the phone, It hurt to wear my glasses for any length of time. I just cannot explain the kind of pain, searing, stabbing and burning all at the same time. I searched for other surgeons to redo the work. Most of the doctors just shook their heads (like you big dummy). How was I to know????

I picked the LSL office due to the advertising and what the brochure promised. The before and after pictures that are shown and the endorsement of ABC, CBS, NBC and others. The endorsement of Oprah and others + Dr. K, the founder and all his talk of how safe the procedure is. The doctors credentials looked good (I did look him up on the net), the advertising was excellent but as far as the procedure, it was pure hell. Dealing with the front office and the home office was hell after the surgery. I had to have the surgery REDONE completely by a competent surgeon. I could not believe the difference! I woke up, my eyes looked almost completely normal on the 3rd day and they look the same. My ears no longer hurt and they are not long anymore and they look like they use to.

I think if I had not found this new surgeon I would have sunk into a deeper depression and no telling what I would have done to myself. I just can't believe that a company that is as large and as well know as LSL can get away with this kind of treatment of their clients. This just can't go on. I have read real horror stories and have heard even more from women too embarrassed to post. It seems like they can do whatever they want and there is no way to stop them and everybody is afraid of them. One woman told me that she was threatened with a lawsuit if she even mentioned the Dr.s name.

If I can stop one woman or man from going through what I went through, I figure that I have done them a big favor. The big selling point of not being put to sleep and that makes it so much safer is complete BS. I will never forget the stench of my own skin burning and hearing the surgeon saying over and over he was late for another appointment. My one hr. appt. took over 3 and 1/2 hours.

I FEEL like I will forever be scarred by what LSL did to me and if they offered to redo everything for free in 10 years and give me a million dollars too, I would leave the country on that day!

1-19-09 I would also like to add as of the CBS TV 46 interview that aired recently, they too are being sued by LSL. (As of right now, the videos are still up, email me if you need the link) They are saying that CBS is harming their good name they have worked so hard to build. Well, LSL, did you ever stop to think HOW HARD all of us had to work to save the money to have your lift done. And the main thing is that everything that you say in your commercial is untrue for most of us. Your lift is not CHEAP by any means. And the help I was suppose to get from the LSL founder personally, well, that did not happen either. He wound up asking me a whole lot of questions about things that were not related to my Lift at all. I will let you know more about this situation and exactly what he was asking me about at the appropriate time.

Please get a 2nd opinion.

March 31, 2014. I thought that after all the advertising scams were brought to light and how Lifestyle Lift was posting their own favorable reviews that people would catch on and realize that SURGERY for the face cannot be performed in a hour. I still peek in now and then to see what people are saying and read a few, but I refuse to get sucked back into this hate relationship that I have towards LSL. I can only say that after I suffered through the surgery and horrible follow up that I WOULD NOT NEVER, EVER, even if it were FREE, have another LSL doctor touch me (nor would I send my worst enemy there). I can only warn people to take the time to get a 2nd opinion before you opt for this advertising driven marketing machine. They will take your money and it's just gone. You might as well take a vacation of a lifetime and enjoy it.
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

I should never had this procedure. I looked better before he touched me and I was certainly pain free, I could wear earrings before the procedure and have not been able to do so since except for very short periods of time. But I will once my ears heal from my new doc. I have also noticed that on my smile lines, I now have more that I did before the lift. Not only that, whatever they do also caused larger bags under my eyes. I do not recognize the person in the mirror looking back at me!

JJ has pointed out a statement in my review which I should change. I stated after 3 days of my revision surgery that I could tell and see a difference. I should have went into this statement further; what I meant and what I said are two different things. I should have wrote that 3 days after the surgery, I could definitely see and feel a difference. I no longer felt the pulling sensation behind my ears and the pain was gone. My eyes were much better even with the swelling, I could see symmetry. I still had 3 weeks of healing to go through. No surgery is without pain. At the time, LSL advertising campaign made it seem like you go in, go home and go to dinner. I personally know of no one who has been able to do this. My ears were pulled longer due to the kind of surgery that LSL performs. I am not the only person to complain of this. Some women even have ears that are misplaced. I apologize if anyone has the impression that I did not go through a healing period. I did, although it did not last anywhere as long as the LSL surgery. I did not have the daily swelling as with LSL and the difference between the two facilities was like night and day. I am so happy and thankful that Dr. Zwiren took the time and had the skill required to make me look so much better after the LSL botch job. Best, Chrystal
This story seems pretty outlandish, or at the very least, greatly exaggerated. Your depiction of your "revision" correcting all of your issues and concerns within "3 days" is not even scientifically possible. Any procedure (especially a surgery that corrected the laundry list of issues that you disclosed in your review) would have taken at least 30 days for the swelling and scar tissue to settle before you could accurately tell that your eyes and ears were "back to normal". And how is it exactly that a lower face lift can cause your ears to "grow longer"?? This site is provided to the public so that consumers can accurately disclose proper information about plastic surgery as well as cosmetic surgery, so that other consumers may read accurate results and final outcomes of these procedures. If you truly had a negative outcome, I am very glad that you found a surgeon that was able to correct your original result, but by the same token, please make sure to separate fact, from exaggerated fiction.
JJ, after glancing at your history of all the posts you put here, they all seem to be of the same theme: Criticizing others for what they have written about their negative experiences. Usually people with subsidiary reasons for doing so do that (company plant, etc.). It's highly clear to me that this woman was butchered by the LSL procedure, just by looking at the pictures where the ear is stretched in the after photo, and the "laugh lines" that appear AFTER surgery where none existed in the before photos. Those are some ODD-looking "laugh lines!" They don't even look like they would follow the curve of a normal SMILE. It appears the surgeon stretched up to the hairline and didn't quite know what to do or which way to stretch the skin around the mouth to achieve a natural lift. I agree with her summation that the face is "unrecognizable" after the surgery. I think she was quite beautiful in the BEFORE pictures, even around the eyes (the part she wanted to enhance), but the after pictures have made the eyes TOTAL different in appearance that it looks nothing like the person at all the way they were before. Since this was NOT a full facelift or a seriously involved surgery, there is simply no excuse for that incompetence. I truly hope obtaining a good personal injury attorney is still on the table, or perhaps the statute of limitations has expired, because I'm pretty sure every penny would be given back, at the very least, because they butchery still exists after the refund. I think LSL would have settled out of court for MORE than the fee paid in this case, and it's too bad that didn't happen.
Your uncalled for "two cents" was an exercise in futility. You see, I wasn't calling upon or summoning others opinions for my own comment on this social media platform, and if I was seeking advice from any one person, you would know it because I would call upon you which I did not. You however seem to think you know a lot about me in regards to your accusations, ill advised as they may have been. I simply reply to these posts as I see fit, as they come through my email. You however we're not somebody on my radar to speak to in anyway shape or form, so your commentary is not wanted nor needed. As a surgical tech, licensed vocational nurse, double certified laser technician, and medically-licensed aesthetician, working with two very prominent and well-known plastic surgeons in Beverly Hills, I see patients blaming surgeons all the time for their (the patients) negligence and mistakes that they make post-op. In Lifestyle Lift's case, I see far too many people blaming lifestyle lift as a corporation and company, and not enough blame being put on the actual surgeons. There is no such thing as a "lifestyle lift", it's simply a coined phrase by the company as a marketing technique for a lower facelift. Mind you, any corporation that hires an employee to carry out certain tasks and demands should strive to supersede the clients expectations, however the company and/or corporation cannot be solely blamed for an employees mistake/s, And I think that is the mistake that many of these consumers are making, in regards to placing blame on the company and not the actual surgeon. If you try to take down A company such as lifestyle lift in the form of seeking legal action, and you think that's a plausible solution- you'd be sadly mistaken. There's a reason medical corporations have arbitration agreements, consent forms for elective procedures and some of the largest and most sought after legal divisions in the market. In conclusion this patient's synopsis of her experience at lifestyle lift is saddening to say the least, if in fact it's true. The second point I was making, was that the patients "revision" that seemingly magically dissipated all of her physically acclaimed problems with her lower facelift via lifestyle lift, is far-fetched to say the least. For someone to make accusations that a facelift caused appendages to physically grow is ridiculous, and are posed without any merit. If you insist on responding, please educate yourself before you project your feeble attempts at trying to exercise "knowledge" of: statute of limitations, legal matters, as well as surgical procedures. Thank you, -J
JJ, I do not have to exaggerate about a horrible experience!!! If you bother to read other posts, they seem very similar. The procedure (surgery) either works or it doesn't. For me, it was the most horrible experience that I have ever been through. My intent is the same as ever, warn others! If you could see the scars that remain behind my ears and did not know what happened to me, you would think that I had some type of horrible surgery. My revision surgeon could not even figure out what had been done to me. He told me up front that he could not fix everything, but he could make it better. I cannot imagine having to wear that face that LSL left me with. There is no recourse with these people. The only thing that I am saying is to be sure to know what you are getting into. Research the facility, most of the doctors who work there are moonlighting. A huge percentage does this part-time. Why in the world would anyone want to go into a facility that is not JACHO certified? Have you had this done? Why are you so spiteful? These people are target marketing to a specific age group of women on late night TV! The state of Florida has slapped thier hands for "misleading ads" and Cumo in NYC fined them big time for cyber posting. Women have died for goodness sake. This is a warning for anyone concerning facial rejuvenation and evidently you never viewed LSL's old ads. This is my story and I am glad that I posted it. Sorry you don't seem to believe it, why in the world would I waste my time and effort trying to warn others? You think this is some kind of game? Best to you, Chrystal Eckes
RSDeedee, thanks for trying to defend me, but I think that my pictures say enough. JJ makes me wonder why in the world she is working for "prominent and well-known plastic surgeons in BH's" and defending LSL. Fact is fact and you can tell by my pictures that I was butchered. I do know that others have suffered worse than me and at least I had the money to pay for revisions. And believe me it was worth every cent. I can only pray for JJ that she will mature and loose her callous heart for her patients sake. I certainly would not want a callous, opinionated, closed minded nurse, surgical tech, laser tech, etc. working with me or on me. And why in the world is she so worried about LSL's reputation anyway? Strange. Best to you, Chrystal Eckes
And JJ, read it again... I said that after 3 days after the revision, I could definitely tell a difference in the way that I felt. I certainly looked no better! The tugging and pulling sensation on my ears was gone! The surgeon was a gifted professional! His entire office was caring, I was truly amazed how different the entire procedure was. If you care to, you can IM me and I would be happy to let you have a close up look at my scars that I still wear everyday thanks to LSL. Best, Chrystal
Chrystal, I'm sure LL puts people on here to dispute and refute testimony of those of us whose experience with LL was a nightmare. I've even seen surgeons post comments in LL's favor. Otherwise why would a "satisfied" customer bother to be on this blog site at all?
LSL gave me info on this site to post about my experience. I was never told what to say. Satisfied customers come on here to encourage people who have had the same procedures & may be scared before having it, or are wondering if their healing process is normal.
All these posts have been very helpful . I went to see them ( LSL) this past weekend and yes they did try to get me to commit right there and then with a refundable deposit. It's a good thing I told them I don't usually like to make hasty decisions and was going home to think it over. I am definitely not going to have anything done with them !!! Once again thank you all.
Good for you! Please when researching this company, also seek a second opinion from an established facial plastic surgeon in your area. It is not too far fetched to say that the price that LSL charges and pricing from a regular board certified private practice plastic surgeon is not that far off. I wish that the information about LSL had been available to me when I had the surgery. I can only warn women and men to do your research, information is your best weapon against bad surgery. Best, C
After reading all these horror stories, I immediately asked for my $400 refundable deposit. My surgery was to be in 2 weeks and I was terrified after reading the reviews. It was so sad how the women had to suffer in pain. They (LSL) need to be put out of business and shut down. I'm still waiting on my refund....wish me luck! Thanks to all for saving my life. ***HUGS***
I totally agree, even years later, I still suffer pain and scars from my LSL procedure. I agree with Chrystal - I wouldn't do it again even if it were free. BONUS SIDE EFFECT: TRIGEMINAL NEURALGIA (Look it up, it is nicknamed the suicide disease) on EACH side of my face! Doctor says it NEVER happens on both sides, so he says it has to be the scarring from the LSL procedure (I finally, totally embarrassed, admitted to him that I had had). I now get to take anti-seizure drugs every single day to try and control the episodes. Look up the side effects from those medications. In the politest terms I can say on online - it sux.
First, someone did a great thing and posted the 8 part series done by TV46 in Atlanta on LSL here at realself. Here is the link: http://www.realself.com/forum/lifestyle-lift-investigation-video Everyone who is thinking of having this done needs to watch this and then make a decision based upon what you see and hear. Lovely Lady, thanks for the comment. I just wish I had the gumption to keep up with the board and warning women. I have had read reviews of women who have said, "hands down, best thing that ever happened to them". Well, Angels on their shoulders must have been with them. They are blessed that they did not have to live through what many of us have, scars, infections, wounds that will not heal, MRSA, and your condition. Some women even died. The very fact that this lift was ousted in the early 70's due to the fact that it did not last should be testament enough not to be used. Kent has turned this into a mega-marketing machine that just keeps on sucking women in. If people would only take a few minutes to research, get a 2nd opinion, maybe a lot of this could be stopped. Until legislation is put in place to stop these "Chop Shops" and doctors realize that they are in fact causing much harm, then maybe they will be stopped. I feel for each woman out there who falls for the hype and advertising. Just looking up the doctors credentials IS NOT ENOUGH. The doctor who did my lift has excellent credentials. I don't believe that it was him, but the way the lift is performed and in a such a short amount of time, really, what did I expect. The word surgery was never mentioned. 2 small cuts. My hind end. I wish you the best Lovely Lady and thank you for the kind words. I am so sorry that you have to take meds everyday. Bless you. Chrystal.
Lovely, I am so sorry that of the horrible things that could have happened to you. I do hope that you can find someone will develop sometype of procedure where you won't have to take med's everyday. Huggs for you, Chrystal.
I'm very grateful for your Post. As I and my mother that will be 80 this year where fixing to go for a consultation. I'm had several appointments, but each time something came up. Thank the Lord. Because ,I was fixing to go. You are right the advertisements are what draw you , but after reading these things, I would not take my dog. Thank You ,Thank You so much. You saved us from making the biggest mistake of our lifes. I know several others that have mentioned LSL and I am sending them your Post. You didn't just save me , but this post will go on and on and hopefully . They will be put out of business. I will tho look for a good surgeon on our side of town.
Good for you. I wish more women would investigate this place thoroughly. In Florida, many women were compensated by the company for bad "surgeries". I have not posted in a while because I was letting LSL ruin my life. I truly hope women will take the time to go and get several consultations. In most cases, the consultations are free and you can talk to the surgeon, not a paid sales woman who makes a commission to "close the sale". Also, has everyone noticed that Deby Boone is no longer on the commercials. Wise up People! Best to you. Chrystal Eckes.
Dear Chrystal, I am so sorry for your terrible experience and really grateful to you for sharing it. I'm glad you were able to find a good doctor to put things right. Would you share the name that doctor with me? Thank you! AJBT
Dr. Zuwren, Primary Center For Plastic Surgery. Really great group of people. Had I gone there to begin with I could have saved myself $money$ and not have the very visible scars that are behind my ears. My eyes are still not quite right but they are a whole lot better than they were when LSL got through with me. I wish everyone would just take a few extra minutes and research the surgeon and TALK to the surgeon. See other surgeries that he has performed. Don't buy a one face fits all deal. It just does not work out.!!!
Thank you so much for passing your doctor's name on to me. I hope you continue to find improvement. I am so grateful for your advice and will be sure to investigate the surgeon, his or her past surgeries and talk to him or her. Thanks again! AJBT
CAn you tell me the good doctors name
Dr. Kun Kim, he also has a private practice in Doraville, GA
My Dr's name is Dr. Diaz, located near Charlotte, NC.......I have NEVER beensto disappointed and felt sooo much pain in my life as I have with LSL. I have had 4 children naturally! That was a breeze compared to LSL!!!! I want to start a class action law suit! Kazy575@triad.rr.com
Thanks for your comment, but unless you have been through this surgery & had bad results, you just don't know how hard it is to get help! Many women have been through worse, but what women do not understand is that they are being target marketed! Worse, is the fact that they are not JACHO certified or any other certified organization (in other words - non-sterile environment). We have tried many lawyers, TV stations, newspapers, etc. if anyone knows of a way to stop them, please share. I can only tell people to get 2 different consultations from a board certified facial plastic surgeon. Save now, pay later! Best, Chrystal Eckes