LifeStyle Lift Nightmare! - Atlanta/Marietta, GA

BEWARE !  I was very disappointed in what...

BEWARE

!  I was very disappointed in what was advertised versus what I wound up with. I wanted to freshen my eyes and they talked me into a mini-lift. (The consultant indicated that I could save this much $$$1200 if I signed today.)

Both eyelids were cut differently, one was not even in the crease of my eye. One eye was cut like a cat eye with a curve on the end and the other eye was cut straight across and a pocket of fat was left to hang over the straight cut. My EARS GREW much longer and hurt constantly. The pain was intolerable. My face stayed swollen black and blue for 3 weeks. The pain, the crunching noises, the smell, there is no way to describe how horrible the experience is. When I complained about my eyes after they started to heal up and you could really tell how different they were, LSL kicked me to the curb. Their suggestion was for me to have a brow lift... that would have only made the scar on the eye that was not in the crease look even worse. The surgeon did not like being questioned on my visit to remove my sutures (which they left 1/2 of them in) about why he cut me twice behind one ear. He told me to grow up.

In the beginning I only wanted them to fix my one eye that was cut straight across & remove the fat bag. I refused to see Dr. KK after his hateful 1st visit antics. I had no idea that he did not work for LSL and that he was/is a freelance surgeon and he has his own practice closer to me than LSL in Marietta. (He also offers his own version of the “One Hour Lunch Hour Lift”) I returned to the home office thinking I signed up for the surgery with them, they would be the ones that would help me. They refused to do what I ask for. So, I asked for my money back to have my eye fixed by another doctor, again, excuse, excuse and more excuses. They kept having me drive over 100 miles to see them (5 times for follow ups + 2 original visits) to see if there was any improvement and they never took any notes nor pictures until I showed up with my husband. When my husband was with me, the General Mgr. joined in along with Dr. W. I asked for my after pictures to be taken at this time and they were.

My ears continued to hurt like a toothache. The skin felt like it was wadded up behind my ears and my lobes were stitched to my face. I could not stand to wear earrings at all for the first 5 months. I could not sleep on my side, it hurt to talk on the phone, It hurt to wear my glasses for any length of time. I just cannot explain the kind of pain, searing, stabbing and burning all at the same time. I searched for other surgeons to redo the work. Most of the doctors just shook their heads (like you big dummy). How was I to know????

I picked the LSL office due to the advertising and what the brochure promised. The before and after pictures that are shown and the endorsement of ABC, CBS, NBC and others. The endorsement of Oprah and others + Dr. K, the founder and all his talk of how safe the procedure is. The doctors credentials looked good (I did look him up on the net), the advertising was excellent but as far as the procedure, it was pure hell. Dealing with the front office and the home office was hell after the surgery. I had to have the surgery REDONE completely by a competent surgeon. I could not believe the difference! I woke up, my eyes looked almost completely normal on the 3rd day and they look the same. My ears no longer hurt and they are not long anymore and they look like they use to.

I think if I had not found this new surgeon I would have sunk into a deeper depression and no telling what I would have done to myself. I just can't believe that a company that is as large and as well know as LSL can get away with this kind of treatment of their clients. This just can't go on. I have read real horror stories and have heard even more from women too embarrassed to post. It seems like they can do whatever they want and there is no way to stop them and everybody is afraid of them. One woman told me that she was threatened with a lawsuit if she even mentioned the Dr.s name.

If I can stop one woman or man from going through what I went through, I figure that I have done them a big favor. The big selling point of not being put to sleep and that makes it so much safer is complete BS. I will never forget the stench of my own skin burning and hearing the surgeon saying over and over he was late for another appointment. My one hr. appt. took over 3 and 1/2 hours.

I FEEL like I will forever be scarred by what LSL did to me and if they offered to redo everything for free in 10 years and give me a million dollars too, I would leave the country on that day!

1-19-09 I would also like to add as of the CBS TV 46 interview that aired recently, they too are being sued by LSL. (As of right now, the videos are still up, email me if you need the link) They are saying that CBS is harming their good name they have worked so hard to build. Well, LSL, did you ever stop to think HOW HARD all of us had to work to save the money to have your lift done. And the main thing is that everything that you say in your commercial is untrue for most of us. Your lift is not CHEAP by any means. And the help I was suppose to get from the LSL founder personally, well, that did not happen either. He wound up asking me a whole lot of questions about things that were not related to my Lift at all. I will let you know more about this situation and exactly what he was asking me about at the appropriate time.

Please get a 2nd opinion.

March 31, 2014. I thought that after all the advertising scams were brought to light and how Lifestyle Lift was posting their own favorable reviews that people would catch on and realize that SURGERY for the face cannot be performed in a hour. I still peek in now and then to see what people are saying and read a few, but I refuse to get sucked back into this hate relationship that I have towards LSL. I can only say that after I suffered through the surgery and horrible follow up that I WOULD NOT NEVER, EVER, even if it were FREE, have another LSL doctor touch me (nor would I send my worst enemy there). I can only warn people to take the time to get a 2nd opinion before you opt for this advertising driven marketing machine. They will take your money and it's just gone. You might as well take a vacation of a lifetime and enjoy it.
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

I should never had this procedure. I looked better before he touched me and I was certainly pain free, I could wear earrings before the procedure and have not been able to do so since except for very short periods of time. But I will once my ears heal from my new doc. I have also noticed that on my smile lines, I now have more that I did before the lift. Not only that, whatever they do also caused larger bags under my eyes. I do not recognize the person in the mirror looking back at me!

All these posts have been very helpful . I went to see them ( LSL) this past weekend and yes they did try to get me to commit right there and then with a refundable deposit. It's a good thing I told them I don't usually like to make hasty decisions and was going home to think it over. I am definitely not going to have anything done with them !!! Once again thank you all.
Good for you! Please when researching this company, also seek a second opinion from an established facial plastic surgeon in your area. It is not too far fetched to say that the price that LSL charges and pricing from a regular board certified private practice plastic surgeon is not that far off. I wish that the information about LSL had been available to me when I had the surgery. I can only warn women and men to do your research, information is your best weapon against bad surgery. Best, C
After reading all these horror stories, I immediately asked for my $400 refundable deposit. My surgery was to be in 2 weeks and I was terrified after reading the reviews. It was so sad how the women had to suffer in pain. They (LSL) need to be put out of business and shut down. I'm still waiting on my refund....wish me luck! Thanks to all for saving my life. ***HUGS***
I totally agree, even years later, I still suffer pain and scars from my LSL procedure. I agree with Chrystal - I wouldn't do it again even if it were free. BONUS SIDE EFFECT: TRIGEMINAL NEURALGIA (Look it up, it is nicknamed the suicide disease) on EACH side of my face! Doctor says it NEVER happens on both sides, so he says it has to be the scarring from the LSL procedure (I finally, totally embarrassed, admitted to him that I had had). I now get to take anti-seizure drugs every single day to try and control the episodes. Look up the side effects from those medications. In the politest terms I can say on online - it sux.
First, someone did a great thing and posted the 8 part series done by TV46 in Atlanta on LSL here at realself. Here is the link: http://www.realself.com/forum/lifestyle-lift-investigation-video Everyone who is thinking of having this done needs to watch this and then make a decision based upon what you see and hear. Lovely Lady, thanks for the comment. I just wish I had the gumption to keep up with the board and warning women. I have had read reviews of women who have said, "hands down, best thing that ever happened to them". Well, Angels on their shoulders must have been with them. They are blessed that they did not have to live through what many of us have, scars, infections, wounds that will not heal, MRSA, and your condition. Some women even died. The very fact that this lift was ousted in the early 70's due to the fact that it did not last should be testament enough not to be used. Kent has turned this into a mega-marketing machine that just keeps on sucking women in. If people would only take a few minutes to research, get a 2nd opinion, maybe a lot of this could be stopped. Until legislation is put in place to stop these "Chop Shops" and doctors realize that they are in fact causing much harm, then maybe they will be stopped. I feel for each woman out there who falls for the hype and advertising. Just looking up the doctors credentials IS NOT ENOUGH. The doctor who did my lift has excellent credentials. I don't believe that it was him, but the way the lift is performed and in a such a short amount of time, really, what did I expect. The word surgery was never mentioned. 2 small cuts. My hind end. I wish you the best Lovely Lady and thank you for the kind words. I am so sorry that you have to take meds everyday. Bless you. Chrystal.
Lovely, I am so sorry that of the horrible things that could have happened to you. I do hope that you can find someone will develop sometype of procedure where you won't have to take med's everyday. Huggs for you, Chrystal.
I'm very grateful for your Post. As I and my mother that will be 80 this year where fixing to go for a consultation. I'm had several appointments, but each time something came up. Thank the Lord. Because ,I was fixing to go. You are right the advertisements are what draw you , but after reading these things, I would not take my dog. Thank You ,Thank You so much. You saved us from making the biggest mistake of our lifes. I know several others that have mentioned LSL and I am sending them your Post. You didn't just save me , but this post will go on and on and hopefully . They will be put out of business. I will tho look for a good surgeon on our side of town.
Good for you. I wish more women would investigate this place thoroughly. In Florida, many women were compensated by the company for bad "surgeries". I have not posted in a while because I was letting LSL ruin my life. I truly hope women will take the time to go and get several consultations. In most cases, the consultations are free and you can talk to the surgeon, not a paid sales woman who makes a commission to "close the sale". Also, has everyone noticed that Deby Boone is no longer on the commercials. Wise up People! Best to you. Chrystal Eckes.
Dear Chrystal, I am so sorry for your terrible experience and really grateful to you for sharing it. I'm glad you were able to find a good doctor to put things right. Would you share the name that doctor with me? Thank you! AJBT
Dr. Zuwren, Primary Center For Plastic Surgery. Really great group of people. Had I gone there to begin with I could have saved myself $money$ and not have the very visible scars that are behind my ears. My eyes are still not quite right but they are a whole lot better than they were when LSL got through with me. I wish everyone would just take a few extra minutes and research the surgeon and TALK to the surgeon. See other surgeries that he has performed. Don't buy a one face fits all deal. It just does not work out.!!!
Thank you so much for passing your doctor's name on to me. I hope you continue to find improvement. I am so grateful for your advice and will be sure to investigate the surgeon, his or her past surgeries and talk to him or her. Thanks again! AJBT
CAn you tell me the good doctors name
Dr. Kun Kim, he also has a private practice in Doraville, GA
My Dr's name is Dr. Diaz, located near Charlotte, NC.......I have NEVER beensto disappointed and felt sooo much pain in my life as I have with LSL. I have had 4 children naturally! That was a breeze compared to LSL!!!! I want to start a class action law suit! Kazy575@triad.rr.com
Thanks for your comment, but unless you have been through this surgery & had bad results, you just don't know how hard it is to get help! Many women have been through worse, but what women do not understand is that they are being target marketed! Worse, is the fact that they are not JACHO certified or any other certified organization (in other words - non-sterile environment). We have tried many lawyers, TV stations, newspapers, etc. if anyone knows of a way to stop them, please share. I can only tell people to get 2 different consultations from a board certified facial plastic surgeon. Save now, pay later! Best, Chrystal Eckes
I have been wondering about this proceedure for some time and during my research stubbled upon this site. If this company is really that corrupt then why aren't everyone of you calling the lawyer mentioned in an earlier post. Unfortunately, people who have a degree that allows them to place the title of doctor before their name seem to think they are untouchable and beyond reproach. I know this because I work with surgeons, and although their are good ones, there are just as many a_sh_l_s out there that think they are untouchable. I am not in favor of irrational, ambulance chasing litigation but your stories are screeming class action law suit. If this is really a public safety issue then you all should work together and SHUT IT DOWN! I am very sorry for your experiences and I hope you will all find some resolve.
Totally agree with you Sullynurse! There def should be a class action suit! Why didn't anyone do this?
Thank you for your post - you saved me from doing this!
Dear opting out,
Thank God!!!!! Help us speak out!!!
Do you see who's the new spokeswoman for LSL? I think it's really sad! (Debbie Boone)
Dear rensun,
Yes, it's REALLY SAD!!! I can't stand the thought of anyone else going through what we have gone through. It's truly criminal, and we all have to keep speaking out until the laws are changed to keep these type of corporate monsters from invading the medical field. They are only allowed in certain states in which the laws are so lax as to allow this sort of atrocity to occur. KEEP SPEAKING OUT!!!!!!!

ohhh, I won't do it now. Thank you for speaking out.

I also had the LSL several years ago but still remember the pain. They used to call it the lunch time lift until I told them it was definitely FALSE advertising. No one could certainly go back to work after this procedure. Mine was VERY painful and they had to KEEP giving me more anestetics. My face was swollen like a balloon and they had to wrap it completely. It continued to contain water and blood for over 10 days, which I had to keep going back for them to drain it. The bruising was awful! They only took out 1/2 of the sutures after two visits so I had to do the rest myself. My dr. kept saying "I was the luck of the draw", whatever that means, because of all my complications. I asked for my before and after pics and they said they couldn't "find them". HA. That just capped off my bad experience. PS: Mine was done in the Cumberland office. One appontment I had to drain fluid, the dr. left before I got there and the receptionist told me he decided to leave early because of his kid's birthday - so no one else saw me! Another wasted trip! Never again!!!
Voudydi, I see that you have had a LSL yourself... why don't you post your bio so other people will know what your experience was like and what the outcome was. You said Cumberland office? Marietta/Atlanta office? What doctor did you see and how are you doing to date? Let us hear from you. I do hope that you are feeling better. Best Chrystal
Dr. Castenllo located in Tampa Florida does a procedure producing fantastic results for facelifts, eyelids, double chin etc. Several plastic surgery board certifications...90 min procedure no general anesthetic...could not be happier with the results...He and his staff are wonderful..