54 Years Old. Upper and Lower Blepharoplasty with Light Laser and Under General Anesthetic – Atlanta, GA

Uppers were saggy for 10 years, then the lowers...

Uppers were saggy for 10 years, then the lowers joined them and I looked tired all the time. Thanks to all the people who posted. It was very useful to read about other experiences.
Day of surgery was very smooth with attentive nurses. I was out for 2 hours roughly and apart from a thirst I did not suffer any ill effects from the general. I had been prescribed pain meds and anti nausea but i have not used them.. The sensation is of a tightness where the sutures are and sunburn on the lower lids upper cheek. I was given sinecch arnica to take and a cream called Elta for the lasered area. I was also prescribed an anti viral tablet and cream and an anti bacterial tablet.
Posting this now as this is my third attempt. I am on day 5, Will follow up.
Thank you for sharing!! I can't wait to see you on a few weeks. Your profile pic is gorgeous!!
Thanks. The wonders of make up but it can only do so much from now on so I took the plunge. I will try to post later. Stitches coming out today. Simply can't wait.
Cant wait to see your pix and I'm with you on that my eyes this past year and this year I felt it was my allergies but nope I feel like I have access skin on upper and lower too.. so I'm hoping I can get mine done too!!

Stitches and plugs out

Today is exactly one week from surgery. So glad it's all over and I can focus on the healing. I'm a little red from the stitches coming out. Thank goodness the ugly plugs are gone too. I will post a detailed day by day diary of how it went from April 4th to date, when I get home ( I am a visitor to Atlanta) on Sunday. The laser on the underneath was the worst but I'm told it will heal well and will make all the difference long term. Sorry I couldn't post as I went along but I found it hard to see and only have back lit ipad , which is hard on sensitive eyes. Good luck to all who are having it soon and to those who are a day or two post.....rest and follow your doctor's orders to the letter.
Is there a reason you haven't disclosed your PS by name? His incisions and closure seems very "tidy"; perhaps he is a perfectionist. We could all use the name of a PS who knows how to do good eye work! And the plugs...what are they and for what purpose? Btw...your results look great. grace
Hi Grace. Yes I wanted to get his permission first and he has agreed. I live in Bermuda but went to Atlanta for the surgery. I was away from home over two weeks and am just home and getting organized to do a review. His name is Dr Miles Graivier in Roswell. The plugs were to keep the lasered lower lids from shrinking up apparently. Boy were they ugly and it hurt to sneeze. LOL! I have a few pics I will post now.
You're looking great!! So little bruising! Looking forward to more pics when you post them :)

Day 12 pics and a promise

Attached are a few pics. It's funny ....one day the left is better than the right and the next, it's the other way around. I still feel they are tight and my vision is blurry in the right eye so I'm scared to drive...for another day or so anyway; luckily I don't need to. I will post doctor and my experiences shortly. I don't live in USA and am just home after two weeks away and settling myself in.

Today's pics

The right is better than the left today. Blurred vision improving slowly. It will be two weeks tomorrow.....can't believe how well it is healing. It feels hard and lumpy on the scar and suture line but I am told this will take 6 weeks to soften out. I am going to accupuncture to help with healing. Will review Dr Graivier of Roswell, Georgia, tomorrow. Can't wait to sleep on my side again!!
Looks good, you must be glad to be home. It's been about 2 weeks for me too and my eyes are not blurry but they get tired easily. You should keep putting the anti biotic gel on your scar before bed though.It helps to soften it. See my update on how to keep the gel out of your eyes.
Thanks. I sure am cleaning the scar with hydrogen peroxide and then the gel twice a day. The blurry vision in my right eye is driving me mad as I can't trust myself to drive yet. It's my good eye! Lol.
did the dr. say your vision could be blurry for this long?

Pre pics With and without make up

Just posting a few pics. Blurry vision better each day but not entirely gone.
did you have stitches under your eyes or just laser?
wow, dramatic change. you must be thrilled.
They are pre op pics, one with a ton of make up, taken after 3 weeks of good diet and rest!!! They are Not post. Will do those In day or two.

Day 19 ....Big swell

Yesterday i behaved like a normal day.....tore around cleaning my house etcetc. I think I overdid it. Last night my left eye which is healing so much more quickly than the right, started to be itchy along the scars. I took a Benadryl for the itch and put neosporin on it. This morning both are swollen and the left one is particularly swollen and red. I guess this is the one step back after my two steps forward. Maybe a warning to me to take it easy. I have to laugh...my right eye was the worst and the left was getting all the prizes for healing well. Now the tables have turned.
that happened to me yesterday morning - i thought it was because of my pig-stye but not sure. i put moist heat for 15 minutes and it went right down. i massaged it a little too.
Thanks for telling me. I'm beside myself. It's getting worse all morning. I think I'm allergic to neosporin. Tried icing. Now will try heat. Don't want to bug my PS if it's my fault for cleaning our bathroom yesterday!

Lesson learned

Don't rush around too quickly after surgery. I set myself back about three days by cleaning my house on Monday. Idiot. Luckily the redness on my lids (due to cleaning agents I used and not surgery) is going down. Chemosis improving by itself. Slept on both sides with more comfort last night.

Verdict so far

I originally posted "Not sure". The reason for this was the addition of laser resurfacing on the lower at the same time. It was the right decision because of my age and my lower lids sagging, but it has made things a lot more difficult recovery wise. For younger people considering it ....the upper is an easy procedure ...the lower a good deal harder. It's to pain...just discomfort and ugliness. All in all....it is worth the suffering. My husband looked at me the other night and said "you look great". I don't but we can envision the result.

Oops

It's no pain..I meant.
how are you doing today? swelling going down? the spa where i get mild peels and botox just got 2 new lasers and are trying to convince me to try them out. some people on realself said to stay clear of any lasers. i might just stick with eyes creams awhile - at least for the summer since it will be difficult to be out in the sun when your skin is that raw. if you have any before and after pics of the under eye wrinkles i would love to see them.
never mind about the pics, i can clearly see that your under eyes are perfectly smooth from your last pic. i checked out your before pics and can see fine lines. seems to be good results.
Haha... You are looking so great. So happy for you. I live in Bermuda. Try living out of the sun. It's very hard but I am staying Indoors which is very hard as the weather is lovely and I am a (very bad ) golfer . I would a ) stay away from laser for at least 6 months and enjoy your new fab youthful look and b) then consider the laser maybe after the summer. I have posted a " before" with my sisters dog and and an " after" tonight. It's not great light but I have mascara!!!

Tried out make up....

Can't feel a thing on upper or lowers but put mascara on and a bit of concealer. The light is bad as I'm in a rush out to dinner....will anybody notice??? Yes they did! Lol! I will post a daylight one when I can....right now I'm happy to be healing and sleeping and infection free.

April 25 morning no make up

Gosh..I'm posing out of order. So anyone looking at this. I'm just disorganized !
i want to try eye shadow since i haven't worn it in over 5 years but don't have the need yet and am worried it might get stuck in scar. i think i'm going to get the eyelash extensions after my next post op visit. no mascara needed. i'll post a pic from christmas, before surgery with the extensions. kind of long and feel weird (like little sweaters on your lashes) but look great when you get up in the morning, dont last long though before you need fillers for ones that fall out.
Well when you are ready try eye shadow again but go to Mac or Nars or Bobbi Brown in a Department store in the city, to a younger than us, make up artist, to get up to date tips and skills! I used new unopened products last night. My PS likes Latisse for lash growth but says not to use it for about 4 to 6 months. I am not sure I need it...will see. Have tried extensions....they are great for special occasions but I have read horror stories about what they are made if. Ugh!
holy crap, you look awesome. i have a mascara that creams don't effect, just water. comes off very easy with water but doesn't smudge with creams. i'll see what it is when i go in my room - i'm in the office now - then i'll tell you.

Before and after

Did a quick comparison
Hi Cassandra! Just wanted to ask you how long were your stiches in?? My eyes feel so tight, had surgery on Wednesday, mine are coming out Monday morning. You look amazing!!! Glad I came across your profile, good to see how someone else recovers, etc...
The uppers were in a full week. The lowers dissolved. The tight feeling will diminish as time goes by. I will post a 4 week photo on Monday. Hope you can just relax this weekend and eat and sleep well. That will help enormously. Well done!
Thanks! My eyes feel extremely tight. Seems as if they would heal better if stiches were out. I am trying to write a review to post my pics here, but it still has not uploaded...taking forever. Not to bubble over with the compliments , but I have to say you healed nicely!! I have a little bump on the side near my crows feet. Time will tell. have to be patient.

4 weeks out

I took the steroids this week. Still no great change and I'm a bit upset...I still have a glassy film under right pupil and I'm showing too much white (for my comfort) just above the middle of the lower lid. I don't want to bug my PS who says it's all normal. To be fair and practical, my right eye was way worse than my left eye in terms of sagginess so it had the most work done to it and it definitely is taking its own sweet time healing. I have been massaging the scar tissue in each outer corner...yucky feeling but I'm told it works.
Do you think the laser or having skin removed from lowers was more effective for getting rid of your under eye wrinkles? It's obviously too late for me to have skin removed so I've been looking into laser but some out there give really bad reviews. It's kind of scary.
I really can't say at this point whether the laser reduced the lines or if it was just pulling up the skin from under! It certainly looks like it did something. It was very lightly done because I told PS I only wanted to look less tired not pulled and surprised looking! It was not sore just hot ....I think if you wait a while and then research it for the winter ....when you have 6 months of healing after bleph and check with me of course, to see how I fare.
yes, good idea. don't think something like that is good around summer and sun. even the mild peels i get require tons of sun screen, big glasses and big hats.

5 week pics

May 9 was 5 weeks post. I am writing this a few days later. Today is the first day that the blurry vision in my right eye seems to be diminishing .....it has taken a while but there is suddenly (well after one week of drops) a big improvement. Annoyingly though, my left eye which has been healing so well is really sore underneath today as if I had walked into a door. Very weird. Maybe I slept on that side last night. I am lightly massaging under both to get rid of the little bumps...they seems smaller on the right but the largest of them under my left eye does not appear to have diminished so far. I will ask PS About all this at 6 weeks out.
You look great! The massages do help. I did not use any oils on my lids. The redness comes from all the ointments and oils. My doctor told me less is more on the eye scars. It is softer and thinner tissue than other places on the face. That is why coverup is different for eyes. I use Lancôme and love it. I started scar gel twice a day with light pressure and bumps were gone in a week or so. One drop of scar gel goes along way. I used kelocote and found it on amazon. Now I use biocornium for my chin and breast scars. Let me know if you see changes.
Great. I will try the gel. Is your eye cover up a Lancôme concealer? Thank you!
looks like your eye is much better!

6 weeks pics

Chemosis still healing but it's slow. I'm glad it was only in one eye. I went to Pilates class. I have been power walking for the past 4 weeks so am fit but Pilates was a little hard with the head movement. Just did what I could. I'm still a little swollen in the mornings. Feeling is coming back in my lashes but the lids are still hard and sort of numb. The lasered area under the eyes is still hard (but no lines!) and the left is way less hard than the right so that gives me hope that the right will improve soon. I have bumps which are scar tissue and I'm massaging them. Hope they go soon esp the one under left eye. Speaking to PS Monday.

Pics

Oops
Your eyes have a nice shape, not froggy to everyone else but just different to you. We'll get used to our new and different eyes eventually. my lids are not numb any more or hard, they feel back to normal now. like your no lines!
Yes I guess you are right..thanks for encouragement. Right feels great this morning after a bad day yesterday.....weird how they heal at a different pace .

Lines when I squint but not like before!

See pics. Chemosis great today.
Really awesome!
That's good. I hate blurry eyes. I used to get sunscreen in mine all the time til I found a solution. Used to drive me crazy.

Two steps back again

This is really annoying. About 3 weeks ago on a Monday I cleaned the house and my eyes puffed up and I blamed the cleaning agents which are actually "green" and not too chemical.
OMG the same thing happened yesterday. Has this happened to anyone? There is no explanation. I did nothing unusual, (no cleaning) and I did not put anything different on them. It's like I am back to the 3 week stage.
How can this be?

I spoke to PS before all of this and he told me to continue to massage the little bumps and lumps (gently). He thought I looked great. Then this happened!
Oh no, so sorry to hear this! If it's not the cleaning stuff, could it possibly be allergies/pollen, etc? I can imagine how frustrating this must be after looking so great!
Lol. I don't suffer from them really.......I guess there is something I'm touching or whatever ! The good thing is that it went away in about 3 days last time. How is your left (teeny tiny) bag today ?
That is good news. Hopefully this one will go away also. My eye bag is still there, along with some red bruising that is gradually fading. I am much more concerned about the remaining bag than the bruising. I am expecting the surgeon to say he got the best result possible when I return on the 30th. It does look so much better!!!!

Forgot to say...due to drama of the swelling and redness today

My PS said my vision will get less blurry (right eye) as the lasered area underneath continues to heal and soften and my slight scleral show will improve too. I had upper and lower bleph and laser under both eyes but the right eye needed more attention so it's just taking its own sweet time. He wasn't fussed so I'm not going to. For me every week is a milestone. For him the real first milestone is 3 months....so roll on July 4th!!!
Omg. What the heck? Have you searched to see if this happened to anyone? It looks like the first week of surgery. Hopefully gone in the next day or so. Sorry you're dealing with that.
Ps, it's me, eyedidit. Stupid computer freaked out and now I'm on my phone signing in with Facebook.
I just went camping at a Folk Festival for the weekend and my eyes got all red and itchy and puffier that they had been in awhile. When I got home I kept squirting them with a little spray bottle of warm water and then gently rubbed some coconut oil on them. They feel much better but I have had a set back with the puffieness probably from all the drinking and dancing.........it was fun though :-) I am sure that it is the pollen collecting on my eye lids that is the culprit. I don't suffer from allergies since I have been getting accupuncture each month.

I look like a zombie ....not due to surgery

The eyes are worse. Can't believe this. It's nothing to do with surgery. I have no idea what set me off this time. I am chugging Benadryl to no avail and slathering hydrocortisone. It has sort of spoilt my trip to Washington DC. Stayed in hotel icing them all afternoon.

Pics

Ewwww!
You look great!! When I had my lowers done about 7-8 years ago with deep full face CO2, my lower lids would slightly fall from time to time, but it resolved on its own by about 2 months out. I'm glad you mentioned your lids being numb still, because i although I expected weird sensations all around the area, I never expected my lids to be so numb!! I cannot wait for these sutures to come out. Thanks for the comment again, and ill keep my eyes on ya!!
I am relieved to hear about the lowers....I think I see a little improvement. Will post pic on Friday!! When the sutures come out you will be in heaven!! Will check for your pic
Yes, I just went for my 6 week check up and my lower right lid was still sagging so much the DR gave me a bunch of shots of steroids in it. It actually improved a bit overnight. He said the old "This will pinch" AUGGGGGGGHHHHHHH it hurt! I still look really freeky if I use any eye liner just yet, I miss it....

That was something else

See my May 22 post. It took a whole pack of Benadryl for my eyes to go down which they did the night of the 23 rd but they were still red.....will post pic of the red ....no make up.
Next day I went to sephora and the girls there were very nice and gave me samples of Josie Maran and Clinique which are non allergic, (so is almay), and I was able to look somewhat respectable at the wedding. After a glass of champagne I did t care. To be honest I'm not sure this swelling is any fault of the surgery. I think my eyelids are just very sensitive to chemicals etc because if it and something is setting me off. May is allergy month I guess.
Cassandra: How are you doing? Have your allergies resolved themselves and are your eyes feeling happy now?
Hi LilT...I am doing fine....they look good but feel stiff. However it's all moving in the right direction. I will put on make up and do a compare shot! Best of luck to you on Monday. I will be thinking about you.
Such wonderful news, I am so glad you are feeling better! Hooray! I look forward to seeing your new pics! And thank you so much for the good wishes, I can't wait until all this is just a distant memory...and I am out dancing with my fancy new eyelids! :D xoxo

Eight weeks and five days since....

The Right eye has been slower to heal than the left. The laser treatment underneath eliminated wrinkles for sure but it definitely added to the healing time ...the lasered area under my eyes was hard and stiff (muscles, tendons, nerves etc). The left has softened out 90 percent and the right about 75 per cent so I am confident that at the 3 month mark they will have softened out more or less completely....which is what my PS has said all along.
The scars are barely visible. In the morning my eyes look a little swollen to me but it's not noticeable to my husband...so he says. I still have no idea what set off the allergies as I don't suffer from them but I'm sure it's something environmental like cleaning agents, fertilizers, pest control etc that set me off and also delayed my healing a little too.
I had a little scar bump on the corner my left eye and it's nearly gone.....see May 16.....again PS said it would.
I have a little dry eye issue in the right but the chemosis which plaqued me for weeks has almost gone too.
I put eyeliner on lower lids a few days ago ....it felt weird on my right eye ...it was an unpleasant pressure. But I can now feel both upper and lower lashes again! All in all I'm really pleased.....I have always looked like my dad with slitty eyes....someone told me I look like my (IMO beautiful) mom now! Lol!
Very nice outcome! U look wonderful. Congratulations(^_~)!
Thanks Mely!
You look awesome, Cassandra! Thank you for sharing your story and all the support you have given me during my journey. I believe your story was the last one I read prior to scheduling my own. Can't thank you enough!

Ten weeks 4 days post op

Oh to have leaped from week one to week ten with none of the in between stuff! It's such a difference.
Both upper eyelids continue to be slightly swollen in the morning and a little red after I shower. I had to admit if I have a glass of wine with dinner the night before....they are more swollen in the morning! Choices have consequences! There are no scars visible. They both remain a little hard to touch but the feeling has nearly completely returned to them although it's still a weird feeling to put eyeliner in the uppers.......and I only out it on the lowers if I am going out. I am really pleased with result and progress so far. My family saw them for the first time and are very impressed. The dry eye continues to improve. I only put drops in now when I remember. I travelled to Europe. 6 hour flight. No issues. Wifi is patchy so I will post again when I can. I have been following quite a few of you ....hang in there. I will respond to you ladies when I can....patience Kayde and JNations and LilT!!
sorry to hear you still have redness and swelling in the am, must be your very light skin. extra sensitive. i wonder why wine can cause it or do you think any alcohol? i had a few beers last weekend but my eyes didn't swell i don't think. i was kind of busy helping my friend so wasn't paying much attention to my eyes. i'll check it out this weekend if i do drink anything. trying to drink more water but i always forget. you do look incredibly awesome though! and glad the dry eye is better. since pugs have bulgy eyes they tend to get dry eye once in awhile. i had to put antibiotic gel in one of my dog's eyes tonight. she was squinting in one eye so i know it was bothering her.
Alcohol is an inflammatory so that's it! So i know not to have more than a glass and I'm fine ! Lol

Three month update

My PS really didn't want to hear my moans and groans until the three month mark. But he still dealt with them with Grace and patience.
Essentially I love my new eyes....they look great. The hilarious thing is that my golf has improved! My PS did promise! Lol.

I will post a pic with full make up as soon as I get out of golf gear and into civvies.

For my pals who are a few weeks out ..hang in there. I will check in with you guys later and see your progress....wifi is a bit sparse.

There is still a hardness especially underneath the right. If I run my fingers along the upper incision lines I can feel them. My right eyelashes used to curl in towards my nose due to the heavy skin....now they are straight!

Oops. Time perspective

I'm 10 weeks out. Not 3 months. Still happy. Lol
Wish I would have gotten that golf guarantee! My game could sure use it :) I agree with you...you're eyes look wonderful! Looking forward to new pictures.
Hmm...golf course....pesticides.....allergy back! I Asked the landscapers and they use roundup! Can you believe this. It must be the chemicals. I have the swelling again. Look at my poor left eye? Thankfully I'm not with family at present. And I know what to do. So in conclusion your eyelids can be very sensitive ...even nearly 3 months out.
Amazing how we women can handle this stuff and all of the set backs. Men might not fare so well! You are a tough one, but I personally think you look fabulous, dahhh-lin! PS, I ordered your recommend Kelo Cote today. Found it for 18.99! I love a bargain!!

Allergy back....a half step backwards.

It's got to be pesticides (roundup) on golf course.
No golf for two weeks to sort this out.
Conclusion.....eyelids very sensitive to all chemicals .
sorry about your allergies but the skin looks better every day, no wrinkles at all that i can see. i guess worth the extra healing in the long run. you look great!
Hi Eyedidit! Actually I was responding to Cassandra's post and her allergic type reactions... I go back to my ocular plastic surgeon for pictures and to SCHEDULE MY SURGERY!!! Ptosis correction L lid, upper bleph both lids. My 3 grandbabies (30 mos, 17 mos and 4 mos) and my saint of a daughter in law will be here visiting August 5 thru 26th... Probably not the best time to schedule surgery before their visit, darn it! Maybe schedule it for the day after they leave!!! Nervous & excited!
ALLERGIES, ALLERGIES, ALLERGIES!!! Can I just say that I never had a single seasonal allergy until I turned 42 - and it seems that the higher the pollen count is...grasses, trees, weeds - the worse my seasonal allergy symptoms are - with the WORST AFFECTING MY EYES! Extreme redness, puffiness, itchiness & a dry sensation make me look completely stoned! It doesn't matter, on those particular days - whether I am inside OR outside! But I can only imagine how much worse it could affect me outside on a golf course...! I'm also the big 5 4 --- and have "qualified" for ins. coverage for ptosis correction of L eyelid - and will pay out of pocket for bilateral upper blephorplasty...due to "eyeshadow mishaps" - a.k.a. VANITY!!! :) Don't know where you live - but AFTER ins. pays for the ptosis surgery - the bleph surgery will still be $4200.00 USD! :/ Thank you so much for your great information and updates!!! YOU LOOK GREAT! Stacy - Dallas, TX

Still improving...

I haven't posted a pic because I can't be bothered with make up! I did today so here it is. I really love Josie Maran concealer from Sephora.
The skin on my eyelids continues to soften. The right is better than the left. Underneath, in the lasered area it's still hard and the left is better than the right. Go figure! This hardness is reducing bit by bit. I have stayed away from golf courses and have not had any allergies.....again go figure. The scars are barely visible. I have forgotten the lumps and bumps and other little worries. Time and distraction are great healers. I look my age but not tired or cross. I love it!
Thanks so much Cassandra999, I just read your whole posting and it scared me a whole lot. I am having a face lift, brow lift, chin lift in ADDITION to the blepharoplasty. Now think I must be absolutely crazy but my PS said it is frequently done and in the end, very successful bc the downtime is all at one time. We shall see. Aug 21 is the date.
Wow. That's a lot of work. But you may as well go for it all together ....PS is right ...might as well have the down time at the same time and be miserable once for some weeks. Good for you. Just be kind to yoruself and allow the time to recover. Be sure to make lists and write down all the stuff you need for comfort. If he doesn't give you a list ...ask the nurses for one. Afterwards....arnica (Sinecch......google it) and Bromelian help the healing as well as the prescriptions you will get. Keep us posted and best wishes for a speedy recovery.
Verdict on Elastilash still out. Been using faithfully about 2 months and no miracle. I was hoping it would be like the eyelash extensions, ha, fat chance. Just my eyelashes slightly thicker, maybe longer but hard to tell because my eyelash tips are so blonde you can't see them unless you look close in a 10x mirror.

For those with bumps

Some of you who are post surgery recently are freaking about bumps from stitches. Here is mine at 4 weeks. It's practically invisible at 4 months now ...I can feel it but it is going away. It took at least 2 months . It hurt to massage it ( waaah waaah) so I didn't and as PS said it will go away anyway. I will post an update pic soon with review.
Hi, tell me again. What ki d of laser did you do on your face. Thank you!
Sorry Lisaroxy. I thought I had answered you. It was Sciton.
I'm sure you did. So sorry. I just forgot.

5 months today.

I have not got time to do a full update so I'm posting a few pics. I live in a sunny climate (and across the ocean from my PS) so the outdoor comparison shots in full day light are harsh. Even though I'm squinting in those, I am happy with the result. I still have a little swelling and a small milia but I'm not worried. I had my annual eye exam and the eye surgeon was very impressed with my PS work! I have not needed to see my own PS since my stitches were removed but I have been in touch by phone and email and will visit later in the year for final photos etc. He is strictly of the school that you can't judge his results for 6 months and he is right where my progress is concerned. For younger patients I expect the recovery is quicker ....so don't be put off by this if you are considering bleph....I'm sorry I didn't do it at 40.
How is your lasered area doing? smoothing out? feeling more normal? Dying to try the laser but scared. Your results are soooooo awesome. Would you do the laser again if you knew what you know now?
My PS pioneered the laser treatment with french doctors so I was confident in him and he has a very light hand. So it worked really well. It did not hurt and had peeled off within 5 days. The skin under is smooth and wrinkle free. I wonder if I look a bit hollow eyed at times but I don't look as sold and wrinkly as I did so I will take hollow eyed any day. It's the lower Bleph that really proved the harder to bear....there are a lot of facial muscles, nerves and tendons there that are pulled around and fat that was removed. A very careful expert hand is needed. it took ages for the numbness To go under right eye and it's still not fully there. My PS warned me of this. So to be clear it was the lower bleph that was the worst part not the upper or the laser. I am happy to look my age and to age further . I'm not sure I will do any other procedure and i have never done Botox or restylane etc. That said I am cross with myself that I didn't do upper bleph 10 years ago so I would have had more time to enjoy open eyes!!!
so glad i asked, all this time i thought the laser is what caused the hardness in your lowers. thank you for the detailed clarification. now you make me want to go get laser. i love your results. but then again, i may not get those results because i didn't have lower skin removed.
Roswell Plastic Surgeon

I don't live in the USA. Dr Graivier was recommended by a doctor friend of a friend in Atlanta. I consulted him for upper bleph and at his suggestion, I went for both upper and lower bleph with light laser on the lower. I loved the way he put it...he said that if you redecorate the kitchen and it turns out great, you regret not doing the breakfast room at the same time! The minute I walked into his office I knew I was going to be in good hands. His staff are welcoming, friendly and professional. It is clear that they respect him and love their jobs. It's a happy place. Dr Graivier is confident, energetic, friendly, professional, witty and above all, a skilled and innovative surgeon. He does not solely do eyes which I was a little concerned about but having discussed the procedure with him, I felt I could trust him. The pre op tests and visit were all arranged with efficiency by his nurses and staff. I was given detailed instructions verbally and in writing, as was my husband. I was intrigued and impressed that I was given Sinecch arnica to take the night before and for 4 days after. The morning of the surgery Catherine the surgical nurse and Michelle the anesthesiology nurse, put me at ease right away. Dr Graivier marked me up with a pen ( one eye more than the other as it needed more attention) and off we went. I came to with no ill effects; my husband again, had been given detailed post op instructions verbally and in writing. We followed those to the letter. Because I had laser treatment I was seen by Dr G and Jill, his skin care professional again 3 days later. The staff were all so pleased by my progress after 3 days that I almost felt like I had won an award! As for aftercare, I saw him again, exactly one week after surgery, when I had my sutures taken out. He reassured me that I was progressing normally. I was concerned about blurry vision in one eye and a feeling of hardness under my eyes. Most of all I was concerned about flying home. He reassured me and gave me further information as to how things would progress. Two weeks post op I can say everything is as he said and I am comfortable that I will heal as he has promised. He gave me a prescription for a steroid for my blurry vision which I have not filled yet as I hope it will improve by itself, given time. It says a lot for his confidence in his own skill and my progress that he does not need me to fly back for a one month follow up unless I feel the need to. I will make that decision in a few weeks. My experience was great. I'm now 5 month post and will try to do a full review at 6. On this post. For people in Georgia considering bleph or other surgery ...Dr G is skilled and fabulous and his staff are wonderful. I have not been able to visit as I live overseas....but they have responded to all my needs and queries and I can't wait to see them all later in the year to show them my new eyes, in person.