5 weeks post op - Atlanta, GA

Wanted to post a quick summary of my experience. I...

Wanted to post a quick summary of my experience. I have done way more research after this procedure than before because of my curiosity of others experiences.

Two weeks following my initial consultation the insurance company approved my reduction and was scheduled for April, 25th. I never had to go to PT or "prove" my back pain which was nice not to have to jump through hoops.

I pretty much left the size up to my surgeon, sine I feel its more about proportion than being a specific size. She left me with some good boobage, Im surprised to find out that they are actually measuring a D cup. She said at my one week post op that I can expect for them to stay relatively as they are with the exception of dropping and softening a little.

This was such a pleasant experience for me....I was at the hospital for only 5 1/2 hours, no drains just some tape gauze pads and a surgical bra. Went home had lunch, napped and then took my dogs out on a walk! The next night I was out for dinner with friends! I only took pain pills the day of the surgery and the day after and that was mostly "preventative". Showered after 24 hours, no bruising, no blood....had my first post op a week later and was stunned when they took the tape off. Skin was all closed up and just a pink ring around the nipple. I was not expecting them to look this great in such a little time. I have full sensation ( my biggest worry) and they are starting to soften and round out. I think they are a little fake boob looking but I am very happy and just hoping that they drop and look a little more natural.

Wearing supportive sport bras from the office now and am re-taped, both of which will continue for the next couple weeks.

Completely amazed at how smooth this has been... my biggest grips were not being able to sleep on my side for a week and also I had a few itchy incision days. Cant really complain with that :)

It goes without saying that the back relief and new shopping are the highlights!

Had to re tape my chest today. First time I have...

Had to re tape my chest today. First time I have felt down. The flesh colored tape kind of disguised all my incisions for the past two week so today was a reality slap! Wondering if any of your guys that are a few months/years post op had a lot of change in size/shape/swelling after the first few 2 weeks or if at this stage what you see is pretty much what you are going to get?

5 weeks post op......everything is going great! no...

5 weeks post op......everything is going great! no more tape... went for my first run today and it was heaven! Aside from the extreme heat :) My skin near the incisions seems to be extra sensitive to whatever it touches (when i have a sports bra on and take it off there are lines from the bra indented into my skin) has anyone else experienced this? Need to get my "before picture from the surgeon next visit and put it up here to really see the difference! Hope everyone is healing well!!

You look great great results. Can you provide your doctors name and what insurance did you use. This information would be helping womankind ..smile
Congrats and thank you for sharing your experience :)!! Continue healing well.
They did a great job! Im looking for one in Atlanta now as well. Who did you go to, if you don't mind me asking? :)

You look fabulous, Claire! The scars are so minimal for so early! You have just got to be thrilled :-)
Thank you, they look great on the front...the ones that go around the side are not doing as well, Im not really all that concerned with scaring though ;) !
they did a great job i cant wait for mine its schedules Nov 9th god bless...
I can't take the credit but thank you! Good luck to you!
You look absolutely incredible! Amazing healing as well, I am so so jealous of your result!
Wow, your results are great! The scar on the left boob is almost invisible! Is that the photo or has it really healed that way? has the doctor done or suggested laser on the scars? Do you think they could be covered with makeup if you wanted to?
I spoke to my PS and he said he would not do any lipo along with the breast reduction because of the blood flow...

Lizzy
Wow Claire, your surgeon did a wonderful job of giving you fullness at the upper pole! Gorgeous!

As for size/shape, I've read various places that they're not considered fully healed until 6mo - year after surgery, which would mean you can expect to see some changes yet. Although, I also think it depends on the quality/elasticity of the individual's tissue, the technique your surgeon used, and how well you care for your new breasts. I'm just shy of three weeks so I can't say from personal experience, but the good friend of mine who had her reduction w/ my PS 4 years ago experienced little change from the 4 week mark. Her breasts today look very similar in shape and size to her 4 week breasts. But from what I've seen and read here that doesn't seem to be the norm, so who knows? It's a waiting game!
I should mention, that friend is 26... maybe that makes a diff? :-)
Yeah, I don't know I have read so many different things! Im just getting knit-picky because one of the breasts has that "boxy look" and the other one is more round. The breast that is more boxy was much more swollen than the other from the get go so maybe (hoping) it settling at its own rate. I can't help myself from obsessing over it now though, I know that won't change anything and need to be happy for the positive changes!! You are right about the waiting game....

To answer your other question, my surgeon did not use lipo. Is that common?
Oh, the lipo question was for Iowa. It's not super common, I dont think.

Two weeks is still pretty early Claire. You will continue to settle and shift for the next few months. Some women have a lot of swelling so they will change a significant amount in size, others not much so size doesn't change a lot but the shape does. But what is pretty universal is that what you have at the two week mark won't be what you see at 6 months. And as far as the incisions and scars go those will change drastically! I was amazed at how minimal my scarring was at that six month mark.
Hey, how are you feeling about the lipo now? Did it make a big difference? You have such a nice, full shape in your pics - did the lipo make a difference there?
That's good to hear, did you use anything on your scars to reduce their appearance? Thank you for the info!

The lipo did help some. I no longer over-fill my DD bras though I don't think I will get down to a D-cup. I still have a full shape and really like the side contour of my breasts now. I go back to the PS on the 17th and we will decide if we are going to do anything else. It is a hard decision for me because for an old-ish lady I have a really nice shape and I don't want to keep messing with that. What do you think?

I used ScarZone on my incisions. My PS recommended it. It is a silicone based cream that you can get at Wal-Mart or any drug store for about $10. It use to be by prescription only. I think it has done a really nice job and I haven't even used it as much as I should be. Not always the best at follow-through :-(
What do I think? About...? Sorry, didn't follow! (If you mean what do I think of your shape, I think its beautiful!) I must be exhausted, lol - I'm having a blond moment here or something. Anyway, I just remembered you had it done recently and wondered how it was coming along. Glad you're happy! :-)

HA! Glad I'm not the only one who gets so tired I can't keep my thoughts straight! I was wondering if you think it would be worth it to have more lipo or an excision or do you think I might mess things up if I keep getting little procedures done in hopes of getting closer to the ever-so-coveted C? I am kind of afraid that if I keep having small portions removed that I will start to sag because I won't have the volume to hold them up and I want to enjoy these babies for awhile :-)
Ha! Glad we got that cleared up... I was so lost!
I have read that breast lipo actually doesn't cause the sagging one would think and that reducing the weight of the breast actually prevents and reduces sagging. Which makes sense! So under that logic, I guess I'd go for it if you still feel too big and can afford the time off work. Big decision though, I agree!
Hi,

Your results look great, congratulations. I live in ATL also, can you share the name of your doctor? Thanks!

Wow Claire...you have breezed through recovery like you are a pro! Congrats on feeling so great and on your amazing new boobs!
thanks :)