My Breast Reduction Journey 2013 - Atlanta, GA

I went for my annual mammogram on August 7th and...

I went for my annual mammogram on August 7th and my physician's assistant asked if I had back or neck pain. I told her yes and she recommended that I contact a ps to discuss a possible breast reduction. She told me I had a lot of breast tissue and that the pain I was having in my back and neck could possibly be due to the weight of my breast. I explained to her that I also sweat and have indention in my shoulders from my bra strips and also that I have pain in my breast. I also informed her that I have a history of breast cancer in my family. She gave me the phone number to a ps and I scheduled a consultation for August 27th. He said that I would need to have about 1000 grams removed from each breast. I currently wear a size 38HH bra and my neck and back constantly ache. I've been waiting to hear from the ps as to whether or not I've been approved by BCBS of Georgia. So I am playing the waiting game.

The countdown is on!!!

I received my approval from the insurance company today. After only 8 days. NO MORE NECK, SHOULDER OR BACK PAIN!!! I need help now. What should I do next to prepare myself for this surgery. My tentative surgery date is Nov. 22 and my pre-op appt. is on Nov. 12. I will post before pictures soon.

Change in plans!!

So my surgery was originally scheduled for Nov. 22, it has now been moved up to Nov. 14 and my pre-op is on Nov. 5. I am starting to become a little nervous as that's only 3 weeks away. I'm praying for a speedy recovery for all of you ladies as well as for myself. NO MORE NECK, SHOULDER OR BACK PAIN!!!

Before picture

Here is a before picture. Wanted to be sure I posted one before my surgery on Nov. 14th.

Surgery Day

I'm having my surgery today. I'm already at the hospital with my hubby. I will do my best to take some final pictures before I'm on the other side.

I had my first follow-up appointment yesterday and my hubby snapped a picture. My stomach is so bloated. I had a some bleeding from the left side but other than that. I'm doing great.

Doing Great!!

It will be 3 weeks for me in two more days and I'm doing great. Still having zingers and my right breast still has some slight swelling. This surgery was so worth it!!

Small wound at the T incision on my right breast

So today I realized there is a small wound at the T incision on my right breast and I was in some pain. I'm exactly three weeks post op today. I've been doing too much and not resting. I'm not hurting so I think I can do what I want. I called my PS office and spoke to the nurse she told signs to be aware of and what to do. She said put Aquaphor and guaze and it will heal. I was a bit nervous at first because there was blood. I'm taking it easy from now on. The bleeding has stopped. I actually had to take a Percocet for pain and I'm feeling better.

Feeling so much better!

I'm feeling sooo much better. My T-incision wound seems to be healing fine. I change the guaze and put Aquaphor on it twice a day. I will post a picture soon of my new girls.

Current picture

Here is a current picture of my new girls.

Healing great!!

My open wounds have healed thanks to Aquaphor and guaze. I'm 4 weeks post op and feeling great. I have a slight cold but have never felt better.

Continuing to heal!

I'm continuing to heal wonderfully. I have been massaging my scars with vitamin E oil. I had a follow-up last week and everything looks reallly good. I'm still getting a few zingers but overall doing well.
I go back for a follow-up in February 2014.
Merry Christmas to you all.
Atlanta Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Larsen and his staff are simply the greatest. I have no complaints. When I called about my open T-incision wound the ladies were very attentive and showed me they were genuinely concerned.