Small-Chest-Quest - Atlanta, GA

For 30 years, I've quietly and privately suffered...

For 30 years, I've quietly and privately suffered with all that accompanies having a large chest. I've tried to ignore the comments, the stares, the shoulder/neck pain, and every other miserable aspect of it. I foolishly thought that if I ignored it, others would, too. Now that I'm older, and hopefully, a little wiser, I know that's not true, so it's time to take action. I have a PS consultation scheduled for this coming Friday, the 15th. Come hell or high water, I'm going to get the chest I've wanted since I was 17. I'm determined to play tennis, go jogging, wear a normal bathing suit, and have a wardrobe that isn't planned around hiding my chest. I don't care how much it hurts, how scarred I may become, or even if I lose sensation in the nipples: this reduction is going to happen. My only fear is that I won't be able to find a PS who will agree to take me from spilling out of a DD cup (too shy and embarrassed to go get fitted for a correctly-sized bra) to a B cup. It's MY body, my money, and my wish to be that small. I think after 30 years of dealing with the agony, I've earned the right to make that decision. I'd like to spend the NEXT 30 years being the "carpenter's dream" instead of "busty galore." I'm truly grateful for this site: I've FINALLY found others who know exactly how I feel. Thank you to everyone, for sharing your most private thoughts and feelings. I've been reading for weeks now, and through your willingness to open up to complete strangers about your experiences, I have found the courage to overcome my reluctance to acknowledge this issue. And so, my small-chest-quest begins!

Good luck at your consult. I just went from a dd plus to a b....look at my pics..still swollen but so happy!
Hi Happymominpa! We're built quite similarly..thanks for sharing your pictures. That makes me feel even better about my potential outcome!
you are welcome, that's why I love this site! I am feeling great!

UPDATE. I saw the PS today, and knew in my gut...

UPDATE. I saw the PS today, and knew in my gut that it was a wonderful turning point in my life! I spoke with her Physician's Assistant for the longest time, and she was superb. She drew pictures, explained every part of the pre-op procedures, the surgical procedure, the post-op care, what to expect, and overall made me feel confident about this staff of professionals. Then I spent even more time with the PS, who was equally informative. She listened to all I had to say, and answered all my questions. I wasted no time in scheduling! They offered me a day next week!! Too bad I have obligations at work that prevent me from scheduling. So the next available date is in a short 27 days!! July 12 is the big day. Maybe I should call it the "big boob reduction day," instead of just "the big day." I am SO excited, I can't even begin to describe how ecstatic I am!! I just hope they become as small as I would like. Yes, for those of you who already knew this: I was told that they would not lob off everything, even though that's what I requested! But they assured me that they'd take as much as possible without ruining the essential blood flow to remaining tissue and nipples. I looked at their before/after photos of women who were even bigger than me to begin with, and came out looking great, with manageable breasts. I feel like a new woman already!

You know what my biggest fear is? That my lap cat will think I don't want her to "make dough" and cuddle on my lap anymore! The poor little thing won't be allowed on my lap for a while. :( Other than that, NO FEAR! I'm just thrilled to pieces!!

I think I'm going to make the equivalent of an...

I think I'm going to make the equivalent of an Advent Calendar to use as a countdown method! The possibilities for different calendar themes are endless: bathing suits, cute tops, bras that fit without pain, activity things like tennis rackets, running shoes.....every window opened each day can reveal a picture of something wonderful! This 47 year old feels like a kid again! SO HAPPY!

Awesome Idea!! That is going to keep you more excited than nervous!!

Wish I had thought of it :-)

I'm almost finished with my BR Advent Calendar. ...

I'm almost finished with my BR Advent Calendar. It's a good thing I have a day job: if I had to live off the sale of arts & crafts, I'd be out on the streets. I guess the only thing that matters is that it's my way of celebrating the days ahead, and the countdown to Small-Chest-Quest-Success!!

As soon as I figure out how, I'll post pictures of my ... ahem......"artwork."

Hope everyone is having an EXCELLENT day!

Here it is......my countdown calendar. Beneath...

Here it is......my countdown calendar. Beneath each date is a picture, a note, a "pick-me-up" message, etc. I'm super-duper shy, and can't see myself posting any before and after photo's of myself, so for today's date, I have a self-portrait drawing. Go ahead, say it: "Don't quit your day job. Art isn't your thing!"
Only 18 more days to go! I'm really looking forward to the relief in my shoulders. They ache fiercely today. I'm going Tuesday morning for the pre-op blood-work, and to see the PS to go over consent forms, prescriptions, post-op care instructions, etc. I wish I would have done this years ago. Seems like a lot of wasted years have gone by, with needless suffering. Better late than never, I suppose, eh?

Hope all of you are having a great day!!
TG13-LOOOOOVE your calendar!! So cute and funny!!!
Duh...I'm a ding dong. I don't know why I thought yesterday was the 18th. I drew my self-portrait yesterday, on the 17th, and placed it on the wrong date on my homemade calendar. I think I'm wishing the days away! July 12th can't get here soon enough for me!!

Hope everyone is enjoying their Monday!

According to the Count Down App on my phone, I...

According to the Count Down App on my phone, I only have 1 day, 13 hours, 22 minutes, and 30 seconds until my alarm clock goes off on BR day!! YIPPEE!!

Oh wow TG! That is coming right up...of course you probably won't be able to sleep the night before because you will be watching those minutes tick by! Just think this time tomorrow there won't be a number for days in there!

Day 3 Post Op Update: I have small, perky, and...

Day 3 Post Op Update:
I have small, perky, and wonderful new boobs! Yes, it was worth it, and I'd do it again!
I had no drains, have no idea how much tissue was removed, and felt what I think is more pain than most ladies write about on this site. However, the pain medication, ice packs, and sleep helps make it manageable. Here's a warning to everyone: don't kid yourself into thinking you can move around the first two or three days!! Don't do it! Just take full advantage of this recovery time: lay still, relax, sleep, and sip lots of fluids. Every time I move a bit, I start to leak. I'm a "pacer" by nature, so I've been pacing around out of sheer boredom, and I regret it. Now I'm forcing myself to sit still!

Originally, I was told I would only have the lollipop type of incisions, but when I took my first shower yesterday, I noticed that there are incisions where I was told there would be none. (A little bit underneath, heading out to the sides.) I'll ask Wednesday, but I'm pretty sure it's because I wanted SO much removed, and wanted to be as small as possible, that she had to do that to take out more tissue. And I'm COMPLETELY okay with that!!

My first post-op appointment with the PS is Wednesday. At that time, I'll ask how much was removed, and what my limitations are with regard to physical activity. Like, when can I raise my arms over my head? When can I leave the surgical bra in the past? How much of this current size is due to swelling? Right now, the boobs appear to be filling a C cup, but I know they're swollen! Even with the swelling, they're a far cry better than they used to be!!!

Overall: Two Thumbs Up! WORTH IT!
hey there!
I'm doing alright! The incisions hurt like hell, but I'm working through it. I'm back at work today, and thankfully, I have a desk job.

My post op appointment went really well. Except when they pulled the tape off: YEOUCH! But the doc told me the boobs are right on track for healing properly, and I don't have to go back to see her until August 24th. She gave me some skin cream to start using after all the scabs are gone. So far, I still have lots of scabs, and one area that is still leaking a clear-to-yellow liquid. I think that leaky area is going to take a while to scab over.
How about you?? How are you feeling?
Physically, I'm great. Incisions don't hurt at all. My left nipple/areola are perfect and my right side isn't as good. It's alive, but it doesn't look good at all. Maybe too much trauma to that side and it looks like the tegaderm took off a layer of the skin in parts. I'm just trying to be patient and wait and see what happens. It could take months before it turns a semi normal color again. Be careful at work and try to take it easy.
Hey TG13. How was the post op appt? I had a few stitches removed last week and I go in on Thursday for the rest to be removed (I think). Still having an issue with my right nip, but he has assured me that it is fine. Hope all is well

I just got caught in a rain shower, and I don't...

I just got caught in a rain shower, and I don't care! You know why? Because the whole FRONT of my shirt got wet, stomach and all! NOT just big ol' boobs!!

This Thursday will mark the three-week post-op point. Here's some questions for anyone who might have answers:
1) Does anyone else still drip a bit of yellow from incisions during week 3?
2) Does anyone else feel like your incisions are on fire?
3) Is anyone else as impatient as me? I want to be completely, totally healed and free of scabs!

Sign me, REALLY loving these little-bitty-titties! :)
So full on surgery again? Going under and all to revise the scar?
Yes! The reaching sucks with this tightness. I turned the wrong way the other day and it hurt so bad. I'm guessing it's the stiches inside. I'll ask when I go on Thursday. I'm at the office at least once a week. Twice this week. I have about a half-moon area that has necrosis on my areola. I'm the only patient he's ever had that has had this happen to him. Yay me! Once it finally is healed, the scar will need to be revised because it won't be a nice little line. All I can do is wait and wait and wait. I try to keep an update on my review while I go through this recovery.
FLagal. I have that same tightness by the incisions. Super tight and it limits my movement. Like reaching etc.

Revision on the scar meaning what?