Breast Reduction/lift - Atlanta, GA

I have had very large breasts longer than I care...

I have had very large breasts longer than I care to remember. I was wearing a minimizer bra 38DDD but am sure that my breast size was bigger. I felt like the size of my breasts made me look older and certainly prohibited me from wearing the cute tops in stores. It really wore on my self esteem and brought unwanted attention. I was really self conscience about them and have wanted this surgery for a long time but was scared to do it and I have 2 little ones to look after. Anyway after having to use two heating pads in the evenings to ease my pain, I decided to have the surgery. My surgery was done on 4/5/13. I woke up from recovery in very little pain except for a little burning and stinging which I expected. I spent one night in the hospital and returned home midday that Saturday.

I'm not sure how much was taken out if each breast but could definitely tell a noticeable difference. Recovery was going well and then my breast started to leak a yellowish/brownish sticky fluid. It started with my right breast so I called my PS and she said not to worry because it was normal. This started about 2 weeks post op. then about a few days later, my right breast started doing the same thing. So, I just started using gauze for both breasts. Then I noticed around this time that I had two small holes to appear under the right breast. The PS told me that this was normal too and to not worry that they will close. About 4 weeks almost 5 post op I noticed that I had one small and one not so small holes under my left breast. One was the size of a dime and one the size of a nickel. The next day the nickel hole was the size of a quarter. I called the PS office and was told not to worry and to just keep my scheduled appointment which was in two days. I went to that appointment and the PS looked at it and suggested that I used the wet to dry method for the holes in both breasts. Now the hole in my left breast is a little bigger than a silver dollar and the one in my right breast is about the size of a nickel.

I am really discouraged and disappointed because I was told that the healing process was about six weeks and to be told that the wounds will not heal until another 6 weeks is a little disheartening. I have been very depressed during this whole process and regretting that I had this surgery done.

Can you give us an update on your condition? Is everything ok...I hope everything heals great.
Wound is still there but slowly healing. The PS said that I should c more progress toward middle of July. I can't tell u how disappointed n depressed I am bc I thought that I had the surgery early enough 4/5/13 to be completely healed once my girls got out of school for summer bc I had lots of plans for them. And to be stuck n the bed n the house is not fair to them n it sucks for me too
Well you are in my prayers that is defiantly a horrible situation. Get well soon!
Thanks so much!
I have a very small round 7 weeks post op, have been putting steristrips on it for extra support to reduce further splitting
Hope it feeling better as looks quite sore :( try the steristrips helps me and think since been using them my incision/ wound healing much better
omg... if you had a whole in your body theres nothing normal about that. you need to sue that doctor that told you tht was normal. all types of bacteria is entering your your body smh
I am using a wet to dry packing Peru PS to address the wound and to close it. I am also taking antibiotics to prevent infection. I am washing the wound and changing the dressing twice a day to prevent bacteria. Thanks.
u cant leave that like that u must go to an ER ASAP and get that injury sewed up !!!!
My PS is following me closely. I am using a wet to dry packing to close the wound
Wow, I am surprised at the lack of concern from your PS. That is not normal and I can not believe she told you that. I had mine done and never even had the first bit of pain nor any drainage and no open areas. The wet to dry will work, but it does take time. A friend of mine who used a different PS had a problem like that with her tummy tuck. They ended up having to put her back in surgery and completely redo her incisions. Just make sure it doesn't get infected. You will have some nasty scars from those open areas.
Not to worried about the scars as the wound is in the crease of my breast

I am so sorry to see that you are suffering! I noticed that you are getting some good Doctor responses in the Q&A.You may have seen this already, but just in case here is a link to our RealSelf Forums where you will find other members who have had a similar experience. Sounds like a prescription for a "saline wound wash" is helpful. Let us know how your appointment goes with your PS. Praying you start to heal soon!

Omg! Always go with your gut! If something doesn't feel right go in to see your ps right away! I can't believe he didn't want to see u.. All the best to you
Maybe you should ask opinions of Doctors on real self to make sure that you are doing the right thing.
Bless Your heart! That looks so painful! Are you taking any antibiotics for infection? I know there is another member on here that is in the same situation. I am so sorry you are going through this and pray for a speedy recovery.
My PS put me on antibiotics last week. I think its a two week round