Regretting my Boobs - Atlanta, GA

In September 2010, I underwent breast augmentation...

In September 2010, I underwent breast augmentation surgery and went from a 34 a to a 34 dd. In hindsight I guess that was too big, but that was what my PS suggested. I think I have 350cc in one and 375cc in the other. I have decided to remove my breast implants after a little over three years. I developed capsular contracture in my left breast about a month an a half after my original surgery. Six months later I went in for revision surgery only to have it happen again.

It has gotten worse where it feels tight all the time. I am beyond self conscious about it and often feel like I can't go out in public because I feel like people can tell. I read this in another post, I feel more self conscious now than when I didn't have any breasts.

My big fear is how disfigured I'm going to look. I'm about to go through a divorce and am going to start dating again, I hope. My hope is that they won't look THAT bad. My original incisions were made around the nipple. I don't want to add MORE scars to the breast since I feel like they are already going to look messed up. Is it possible to go through the same scar?

I'm so scared to do this! But at the same time, having my breast with CC is not comfortable and has taken a toll on my self esteem. I'm scared to go back to flat as a pancake and have everyone comment on that.

Just looking for a little moral support to let me know everything is going to be ok.

Picture

Left breast obviously encapsulated

After the visits.

I went to two PS this week to talk about my explantation. The first doctor made me feel very comfortable with my removal. She talked to me about having a lift because of the deflation after having implants. I'm starting to think that that is going to be the option I end up with. At first I thought just the removal would be ok because my implants haven't been in that long, I'm relatively young, etc.

Today I found out that my implants were not 350cc as I remembered them to be, but rather 450cc. The doctor I went to today I saw about a year and a half ago about revision surgery. Today I told him I just wanted them out. I walked out of his office feeling completely devastated. I understand the risks of the surgery I will probably undergo. He knew that I was getting a divorce and pretty much told me that I would have dented breasts that were pruney considering the size of my implant. He said if I were his wife, he would just tell me to leave them in. That they look better now than what they will look like if I get them removed. That I would feel self conscious if I were to date after having them removed.

Then he told me I should get a small saline implant above the muscle. I will say that what he had to say had a lot of validity but his delivery was horrendous. If he was trying to convince me to get a replacement with him, he failed.

I am so terribly sad right now as I don't know what to do anymore. Why did I ever do this to myself?