1 year Post-op, Atlanta, GA

Hello RealSelf ladies! I have been following many...

Hello RealSelf ladies! I have been following many of the reviews on here for 6+ months. You ladies have really shown me the ups and downs of breast augmentation, and I'd love to share my experience in return. This site has been an invaluable resource thus far.

I have contemplated breast augmentation for several years now, and I've finally decided to take the plunge. I had a consultation on Monday, and I've decided on a surgeon!!! He has been referred to the boob god of the South, lol.

Here are my stats: I am 26 years old, 5'9, 134 lbs, currently measuring a 34B. My surgeon was surprised that I was actually wearing the correct bra size after taking my measurements. Secretly I was wishing that I' d been underestimating, but no such luck :).

My surgery is scheduled for December 13th!!! It seems like an eternity away, but I know it will be here before I know it. During my consult, my doctor and I discussed my surgery goals, and he was great about answering any questions I had (like would my areolas stretch out to susan b anthonys??? :0)

Based on my height, I'd really like a small D but would be happy with a large C or large D. I chose silicone implants under the muscle with a crease incision, and my doctor prefers moderate profile to achieve the most " natural" look. It's been a challenge to find many pics of moderate profile implants. It seems as if mod+ and high profile styles are more popular.

I tried on several sizers in the office and really liked the look of 425cc. The nurse said my surgeon would most likely use a 450cc implant to achieve the same look under the muscle. From what I've read here and on other sites, most women have boob greed after the fact, so I'm wondering if I should go a little larger... maybe 475cc.

My ribcage measures 29" and my bwd is 15.5, so I can handle a wider implant than someone with a smaller bwd. I really like the look of mod+ because of the increased projection and upper pole fullness, but I think the 450-475cc range is too narrow for me. Any ladies out there with 450 moderate profile implants?

1 year 3 months post op!

Wow. I can't believe it's been over a year since my surgery. I did end up getting the moderate profile implants and I'm glad I did. My doctor used 445cc silicone gel implants. I've attached a recent pic to show how they've settled. I'm thrilled with the results!
Dr. Joseph Bauer

He is absolutely amazing. I love my results!

Thanks for sharing sweetandspicy! Your results look great - very natural looking! I, too, am scheduled to have my BA with Dr. Bauer on 4/11 and can't wait! Any details you can share about your post op experience would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Hi highlyfavored! Dr. Bauer and his staff are the best. They were extremely courteous from beginning to several months post op. My post op experience was pretty typical. The first day was a big blur. I remember waking up, looking down, and asking my husband if I had big boobies lol. I was pretty lucid and not in too much pain. Pain on day 1 is pretty manageable because I think they numb you up pretty well during the procedure. Stay on top of your meds including the one for nauseau he prescribes and the stool softener. Trust me, you'll need it. Worst pain was days 3 and 4 for me. Everything felt super tight and I was tired of sleeping in the recliner. After your first appointment where they take off the tape, everything's much better. I took prescribed pain meds for a total of 5 days and then just took Advil but every one is different. Also, don't forget to buy several packs of frozen veggies/fruits. I made the hubby hit up krogers 10 for 10 sale and it worked out beautifully. The icing helps tremendously. Any other questions, don't hesitate to ask!
Thanks, sweetandspicy! Of course, I'm about to fire away! :-) How long did it take your swelling to go down? Did wearing the tape for 5 days help contain the swelling? About how long before they to settled? Also, how did your incision site heal? Did you like the post surgical bra provided? What other brands did you end up purchasing? And lastly (for now), what band/cup size did you settle at? Thanks, in advance, for answering all of my questions!!!!
O wow love how natural they look! Beautiful :-D Did you go moderate or mod +? I pray for results like yours. Going for a set of silicone mod+ 375cc in 48 days. Sooo excited!!!
Hi feminineme! My dr used moderate silicone gel implants. Most people here seem to be getting mod+. I was worried that the mods might be flat looking, but I have a great amount of upper pole fullness and most people don't know they are implants unless I tell them. Looking natural was extremely important to me. I have several friends who went mod+ and their results are amazing! I'm sure yours will look great too! I would never get high profile or ultra high, but that's just my opinion. I didn't necessarily want the round ball look that can happen in some high profile implants when there's not enough tissue to cover the implant, but some people prefer that look. To each their own!
I would not go Moderate....I would do the Moderate Plus. if your not sure, because your 26 years old, they will sag years down the road and your already low to start. I would never do that, but that your choice. I'm being honest. Your young why not HP. Do you have kids yet? I would get a second opinion. good luck.

Thank you so much for sharing your story so far! Here's what some doctors have to say about the different profile implants. Hope it helps and please keep us posted!