1 year Post-op, Atlanta, GA

Hello RealSelf ladies! I have been following many...

Hello RealSelf ladies! I have been following many of the reviews on here for 6+ months. You ladies have really shown me the ups and downs of breast augmentation, and I'd love to share my experience in return. This site has been an invaluable resource thus far.

I have contemplated breast augmentation for several years now, and I've finally decided to take the plunge. I had a consultation on Monday, and I've decided on a surgeon!!! He has been referred to the boob god of the South, lol.

Here are my stats: I am 26 years old, 5'9, 134 lbs, currently measuring a 34B. My surgeon was surprised that I was actually wearing the correct bra size after taking my measurements. Secretly I was wishing that I' d been underestimating, but no such luck :).

My surgery is scheduled for December 13th!!! It seems like an eternity away, but I know it will be here before I know it. During my consult, my doctor and I discussed my surgery goals, and he was great about answering any questions I had (like would my areolas stretch out to susan b anthonys??? :0)

Based on my height, I'd really like a small D but would be happy with a large C or large D. I chose silicone implants under the muscle with a crease incision, and my doctor prefers moderate profile to achieve the most " natural" look. It's been a challenge to find many pics of moderate profile implants. It seems as if mod+ and high profile styles are more popular.

I tried on several sizers in the office and really liked the look of 425cc. The nurse said my surgeon would most likely use a 450cc implant to achieve the same look under the muscle. From what I've read here and on other sites, most women have boob greed after the fact, so I'm wondering if I should go a little larger... maybe 475cc.

My ribcage measures 29" and my bwd is 15.5, so I can handle a wider implant than someone with a smaller bwd. I really like the look of mod+ because of the increased projection and upper pole fullness, but I think the 450-475cc range is too narrow for me. Any ladies out there with 450 moderate profile implants?

1 year 3 months post op!

Wow. I can't believe it's been over a year since my surgery. I did end up getting the moderate profile implants and I'm glad I did. My doctor used 445cc silicone gel implants. I've attached a recent pic to show how they've settled. I'm thrilled with the results!
Dr. Joseph Bauer

He is absolutely amazing. I love my results!