11/12/13

My consultation went great. They made me feel...

My consultation went great. They made me feel comfortable, and explained the process. the best doctor in town!!!! .. ..

Thanks guys i will be adding before pics today
Welcome phyllis29361 & good luck to you.
How do i add pictures from my cell phone or lab top?

Does anyone have a list of things needed for bbl.....

Does anyone have a list of things needed for bbl... During and after. Thanks in advance
Wish you luck on your journey!
thanks
Had to postpone my surgery date but everything is set and money paid so November 12th is my day with dr okoro. I have lost about 15 pounds. I will post before pictures the day before surgery. thanks for checking on me ladies!

31 days to go!

I am almost done getting all the supplies needed for my journey. My son birthday is 11/21. To anyone who has had lipo and bbl, where u able to go out and move well this early after? I will be 9 days post op then.

oh yea

my current weight is 182. and I plan on losing more by surgery and Im 5'6
Lookn4change is having so that week also.
Hey lady u will still be messed up on day 9. Don't do too much it's not good. U will be cleared to shower on day 5 but u will be in hell a pain. There is another bbl siesta going to Dr. O that week also. I will send u her info. Hope all is well
thank for the helpful info. 5 days without shower! oh no lol

25 days to go.

today is the first day that I stopped second guessing my decision on having this surgery. im so ready to get this over and to be on the other side. I will be on my period during the surgery. Has this happened to anyone else? tried to move my surgery date up but dr okoro is booked to the max.
I see you, me and lookn4change are all weeks apart and going to the same MD, I read your profile and saw your pis and just wanted to wish you good luck. "B"-day is almost here, and I will be here for support as well.
Thanks I'm unsure at this point
Hey lady! Tomoro's PreOp day for u!! Good luck! And thanks for the talk! :)

unhappy pre op

I had my pre op today. I left in tears! The PA who i saw before told me the doctor could get my stomach flat and do 900-1000cc. And today when showed what could be done was a shocker! He said he only promises 1-1/2 inch in projection and 2 inches is pushing it! Wth!!??? Im not paying 9000 for a inch. So now 3 weeks till surgery i get this info. My feelings r hurt
Girl. I'm so sorry!!! I was hoping to hear good things even though I got screwed by them. Really bad office management. Anyway. I'm so sorry. I'm praying you will be able to get resolution.
Girl I cried all the way home! I'm gonna call Salama tomm and get his wait time. I'm just unsure on what I should do. Sad day
Did u speak to Okoro about what you were told? You may want to send salamander pics. I sent mine and he and Dr J said tummy tuck. You may want to get clarity. No need to cry about projection girl. You want a nice natural boots with a chiseled body. It's emotional but get clarity and have realistic expectations.

After bbl and lipo with okoro. Give me ur honest opinion

Before bbl. do u guys see a big diffrence

The other one was to small

Salama. This dawn auto correct

Reality check

Ok so dr okoro gave me a reality check today. I realized I'm not gonna reach my goal in one surgery. So I will do bbl and lipo first then I will have a mini tummy tuck. So count down to surgery starts again. Also I saw time2dome2013 profile was helpful because we have the same body type.
I'm gonna be honest,I preface this by saying this all with love. I think he is spot on with his assessment. When you have a bigger stomach it's harder for them to do just lipo. I had a big stomach but I was all muscle,my stomach muscles were tight and so was my flesh so he was able to do aggressive lipo on my stomach vs a TT or mini TT.
I was told by Jimmerson and salama TT. Dr. O pulled off a miracle rabbit out his hat by combining lipo and smart lipo. Again my case was a bit different because I was all muscle under the stomach fat. When your thicker it may take 2 processes.
The stomach isn't my big concern because I can get tummy tuck later but how much butt he can give me is almost a deal breaker.

Time to regroup

This was support to be the happiest parts of my journey but y is it my saddest? I just feel I was told one thing and now after investing money and time I feel as though I gotta settle. If u r looking for moderate changes dr okoro is the person but I was looking for a transformation and he is not the surgeon for me. I just don't have that type of money to give for minimum results
Hey lady.. How are you holding up? I noticed your postponing the sx... I'm praying you will get your money back..! Definitely DON'T settle.. You have to feel comfortable with what your getting into! That's ALOT of money!! Best of luck! Things happen for a reason, so please stay positive and don't give up!! on the flip side, I'm so glad this happened to me, cause I'm sure I would have been just as mad if he told me that too.. I'm am more than excited about Salama. It's like a night/day experience! It's a little hard to get everything organized in less than 30 days, but worth it!
Thanks girl. Spoke with salama today and got a date in less than 30 days as well. I will inbox u
Wow!! That's great!!! Inbox me :)

Me

I hpe no one is offenended by my comments or opinions. I thought thats what realself was for. I am only doing what makes ME happy. Have a great day everyone.
Girl you have to do what is best for you and only you. Dont let anyone influence what you want for you.
Thanks NYcutie. Dr okoro wants to meet with me again so hopefully we can come to an agreement
Girl make a list of questions to ask him that way you have full clarity. Let him know what you were told vs what u are getting now. Lay it all out on the table so that when you you know what to do either way.

rollercoaster

After going up and down. I decided to stick with okoro. I have a better understanding of what i will be getting. Salama offeres me 11/5 but ive did all my research on okoro.... So thats who i trust and who i will stick with
Congrats again n I wish u good luck in ur journey! I feel like you're going to be very happy with your results, keep us all posted.
Thanks. I enjoyed looking at others pics so i will post a lot of them
Congrats!! I know it's a roller coaster ride of emotions. Wishing you the best. Please continue to keep us updated :)

It's getting close

I have decided to follow the waist training that tinywaistbigbooty did. Her' is amazing. Excited and ready!!
The waist training is easy you just have to invest in the garments. The vedettes dont give you lower stomach compression so you may want to wear the garmemt that Dr. O gives you until it becomes loose. He will give u a stage 2 which will be hella tight, but it doeswhat its suppose to do. we all have small waist because of some form of waist training. The corsett is also good.
Did the exillis and smooth shapes help on fat reduction and skin tightening on ur stomach or did u have that after lipo?
Also what day did u first wear a waist clincher

Sooooo ready

I saw dr okoro again today

I'm so glad I chose Dr. Okoro. He truly cares and want the best outcome for you. I can't wait till surgery day!
Less than a week away, good luck!
Thanks. Im so excited.
That's awesome!! You are in good hands! Wish I had the opportunity to meet him in person. Will continue to follow your journey! Good luck!

massage therapist is set

I have set up daily massages with tina. She is very informative and I cant wait to get started. Thanks for all the info ladies to help me find her. If someone else needs the number it is 678-856-3864. It will be worth it.
Girl Tianna is the bomb,u will love her. Plus she is adorable and very informative. Follow What She says, do your self massages daily also.
Thx
Great choice! Tiana is the bomb!! Outstanding customer service!

Sleepless nights already

Now that my surgery is only a few days away, now I can't seem to get to sleep. I'm anxious and excited. I've only been off of work for 2 days and I'm about to go stir crazy in this house. This is gonna be a loooong recovery for me lol
Hey mama sending you blessings on your bootybirthday tomorrow. See you in bootyland!
Thanks NYcutie
Good luck tomorrow!

Yayyyyyyy!

Today is my day finally!!!! My nerves haven't kicked in yet. Soon as I see the OR they might but I hope not. I have been waiting since December of 2012 for this and I'm ready. I pray everything goes well and as soon as I can I will update you ladies. Thanks for all ur support :)
Good luck doll....
All the very best!

Hi

Hi. Intestine will update tomm

1 day po. Officially hate this garment

Happy healing
Thx
Glad sx went well. Recovery is tough, including dealing with garments but it will all be worth it! Happy healing.

Post op

Please ladies do not do this without help. It's no joke! I haven't experienced any pain at all only soreness and this devil garment. I will take pics when I take my garment off and wash it. Do I hand wash it? NYcutie where r u lol
Im here mama.Yes hand wash and air dry..wring it out in a towel and air dry. Your heat is on cause it's freezing. Hang it by the vent it will dry fast
Thank u so much. Just had first shower. When should I use ab board. Tiana will be here tomm. Thanks for ur help
Use the aboard today as long as your skin isnt oozing anymore. Put the lipo foam on your skin then the board then put on your garment then wrap your belly binder around. remember to tighten after every mean and whenever you go to the bathroom.Th goal is to get it to wrap all the way around, its training waist.

Post op day 2

I took the pics myself so bear with me. I also stopped pain meds today.

Post op

Tried on a dress. Garment, clothes, and lipo foam under but I love my results
Looking great Phyllis!
Thx. I toss and turn at night from this dang garment. Do u have this issue?
I definitely toss and turn because of the pressure is putting on my back... I'm not getting quality sleep at all. I have tried everything to cushion it. ..I can breathe, but it's still to right on my back more than stomach.

Sleeping on and off due to garment. Ugh!

This garment! I hope it gets better after my first massage. This white binder is bunching up. Should I go to a squeem now?
The binder needs to be flat when u put it on or it will wrinkle. I ordered another because it really helps with waist training. If you have a squeem u can use that as long as it's tight like a medium.
Do you wear the garment and the squeem, or squeem only? Also can I buy the squeem anywhere or only online?
You wear both. But the vedette waist clincher is better than the sqieem. The boning in the sqeem tends to bend. It's better to order the vedette

1 week post op tomorrow

You killing the sweater dress girl!
Thx u look grest
you look great as well. that darn cell phone

1 week post op

I just started getting scar tissue and it is no fun. I love my results, they change everday. I'm finally getting comfortable in my garment and when I don't have it on I feel awkward. Thanks NYcutie for the pic info
I had the bbl oct 2 when I went in I asked the doctor was it true it doesn't last a lot of people kept telling me that and I didn't want to waste $8000 dollars that's a lot of money to not get the results I was expecting or no results the doctor explained I would loose about 30 percent of what was put in I don't see a difference at all my friends are all sayn the same thing I feel so disapointed I feel I gave all that money for nothing.And I did everything right after surgery I didn't sit or sleep on my butt at all for 6 weeks =(
Did u say u stopped pain med at day 2?
Yes because I didn't have any pain after surgery just was uncomfortable in the garment. I assume my pain tolerance was high

Almost 2 weeks post op

Some areas of my butt is starting to soften and my stomach is almost flat and I don't have any loose skin. Dr Okoro is great. I also wear that garment and binder at all times except for shower and I get it washed during that time. Here are a few updated pics
Thx everyone. I followed NYcutie waist train to the t except for the board. It was so uncomfortable
Your tummy is turning out great
Lookin good mama....look at you,I told you it would all work out.:-)

Sitting but not sitting

Hey lady checking on you. Put the board in urban garment so that u r tummy gets super flat.
Thanks sarg lol After my first smoothshapes I started wearing it.
Lol...how are you feeling?

1 month post op

I had my 2nd smooth shape today. After surgery I started in a XL and now I'm down to a small garment but One of my cheeks lost more than the other. I'm thinking I want round 2 in a year but I will wait for 6 months post op before I decide.
you look great!
Thanks
As many of the vets said its too early to tell, it could be that you lost swelling on one side faster than the other, they say you dont see some kinda final results until at least after 8 weeks. That to some of the girls and it evened out later

Tue will be six weeks

I can't wait to sit!

Almost 6 weeks

This journey wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. It made me feel better when trying on clothes and just more self confidence in general. Now on to the hard part, which is to keep it. This week I started with a personal trainer and I plan on going back to lipo the upper back and arms and dr okoro will put that in my butt. I will continue to wear a garment b/c it makes me feel comfortable and I never thought I would say those words lol. That garment was the enemy lmbo. Well I guess that's all for now
Glad you are feeling a lot better.
Great transformation you look gorgeous
Thx chitown gal

Ugh

I'm back to a flat butt! Back in the same under wear. Ashamed to even tell someone I ever had this procedure! So I am currently planning another procedure. I just hate I paid all that money just for a smaller waist. No it's not butt greed! I'm back in the same jeans. Sad be careful ladies and I didn't sit till 6 weeks
NYcutie literally it gets smaller by the day. My waist is nice but my butt just looks flat. Nothing wiggles or jiggles that's how bad it is and butt has been thru the softening part. I'm speaking to Okoro office tomorrow
Oh well mine doesn't jiggle either but I'm solid and definitely don't want no jiggly ass. When did u start sitting the longer u wait the better . I waited for 8 weeks then sat on a pillow for 5 months.
I cant remember what your before pics look like, but you have a booty? Remember your body is going to change daily until 6 months PO. I didnt go down in jean sizes, my butt is a 14 my waist is a 9, the fat is just placed somewhere else. You dont lose weight at all. your old jeans should be big in the waist and tight on your butt. Like I said SX is emotional and it takes up to 6 months to stabilize.

Before

Yes he did a great job on lipo but the booty looks the same
Thanks NYcutie and chocolatebodyparty
It's going to be okay mama. Sx makes it mind play tricks. It but is gonna look flat then big. It's crazy how emotional u feel. Stay out the mirror also for that reason. Update us on what the doc says.
I think there's a difference, but give it some time
Atlanta Plastic Surgeon