Bilateral Masseter Reduction - Atlanta, GA

I went to Dr Kim last week to get botox for a...

I went to Dr Kim last week to get botox for a bilateral masseter reduction. He was very professional, helpful, and I am excited to see the results! It was clear that he tailored his approach to patients; spending more time with the woman before me who had dozens of questions and straight to the point with me (exactly how I like it). Though I might move 1.5-2 hours away, I will continue to come back to Dr. Kim for my procedures.

Background: About 11 years ago, I started lifting...

Background: About 11 years ago, I started lifting weights and working out heavily. Due to the exertion, I clenched my jaw/bit down occasionally when lifting which resulted in a bilateral masseter muscle hypertrophy, more on the right than left though possibly due to a slight misalignment of my jaw. Because the misalignment isn't large, surgery is too invasive but I wanted to cosmetically fix the issue.

Procedure: I received botox on the left and right masseter muscles (I believe it was approx. 45 units on the left and 60 on the right) on the same day as the consult. It was quick and virtually painless.

Recovery/Results: After 4-5 days, I have been able to feel a difference in the firmness of the muscle contraction and will have a follow-up 2 weeks after the procedure. There was slight discomfort following the procedure but that's to be expected when needles are involved.

I went in for my 2 week post-op yesterday and, looking at the pictures, there has already been a noticeable change. Because it is a slow change, it is harder to see just from a day-to-day mirror check but I have no doubt of its progress. I already received a comment from someone who looked at my driver's license and asked if I lost weight (no, I didn't...it's just the muscle change).

We did another 15 units in the more hypertrophied side to help the symmetry come along a little more and scheduled another check-up 2 weeks from now.

Can you see a difference in the way the muscle looks, or do you just more feel the difference?

Glad you were pleased.

2 month update: After the initial procedure, I got...

2 month update: After the initial procedure, I got an additional 30 units on the right side, 15 after 2 weeks and another 15 after a month.

Below are pictures showing "pre-botox" (the day I got my first injection) and the subsequent 3 follow-up visits, including today. Because of the starting point (quite larger right side than left), it's still not PERFECTLY symmetrical but I am very happy with the results. I am getting back to some lifting now and, now that I know this is an easy and relatively inexpensive option, will check-in with Dr. Kim in a few months to see if any minor touch-ups are required. I just wish I knew this was an option YEARS ago when this first became an issue.
It looks great! I love botox!!
You look alot better! I also scrunched my jaw together, not because of lifting weights. I did it when I was sleeping as well as grinding my teeth together. Because of doing that my jaw was sore in the morning, my teeth were getting chipped and the jaw muscles built up. Botox got rid of all this! My face is ALOT less bulky at the jaw, my sleep is better and my teeth are being saved. Yay!
Nice! I never thought of using botox but my mom recommended looking into it and I was surprised with how well it works. It's almost 4 months later and I don't see any need to go back for a while...
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Decided on Dr Kim from Google reviews and am happy that I went!