Arm Lift (Brachioplasty) and Upper Body Lift to Remove Excess Skin from Massive Weight Loss - Atlanta, GA

I had an arm lift and upper body lift done on...

I had an arm lift and upper body lift done on December 10th. My surgeon used glue instead of steristrips. I have had some complications with blood flow which is causing necrotic or dead skin on the incision line on my back. I'm unsure of what to look for in order to know if I'm healing properly. Also, there are some issues with my armpit healing on the left side. I expected this to be am issue as I'm told it commonly a problem area.

Brachioplasty and upper body lift 1 month update

My PS took off the glue/tape from my arms, side boobs, and parts of my back that aren't being treated for necrotic skin. She is going to restich the armpit that came undone in time and mentioned bleaching my back to match my skin when healing completes.

I'm praying that my skin doesn't keloid and that the lumpiness from the incision goes down over time. The right side of my body heals great but this left side is a bear on my back.

Restitched Today

My surgeon decided to stitch my back scars again since there was so much tension from dwelling. She also decided to start the debridement process on the necrotic skin. We discovered that the tissue was very healthy underneath. I'm doing well on my protein, but we took blood samples to be sure that my iron is up to par as well. No pics yet because I have bandages until I go back Friday.

Ongoing healing of upper body lift

I'm healing great. I had debreding done with stitches about two weeks ago. The plan is to get everything done as it heals up. I'm going Monday to finish the procedure. I've also started scar therapy. I'm using Biocorneum right now. I'll see how it goes!

I hope you are doing well and your lifting is completely healed.
So much going on for you, I am glad that you are healthy..I don't know if I could be doing more although I would like to do my arms cause of the armpits but it won't be possible cause of my autoimmune...although I never asked. Your arms look so good, I'm so happy for you.
I am doing great now. My back is being closed up little bit little. I will take a photo tonight. But I feel fine. My arm pit closed up nicely and I'm raising my arms more little by little. Thanks for checking on me!
Hi Jinxy! How is all the healing going on arms and back now? Are you seeing some improvement?
I am. I still one one procedure and then on to the scar revision where needed. It's going well. I love my arms. I do have a lump in my incision line but hopefully it will get smaller from massage.
yeah, i have some smooth parts than some part with some lumpy/bumpies.....i sent you a PM with my info BTW!
Good to know. I will go check now!
Awesomeness! really loving the silicone scar treatment....I am using Mepitac silicone tape on my arms....very impressed ...biocorneum near the elbow to forearm bend....does your incision go past elbow?
It's right at my elbow but only the right side. I may do a little lipo fix later. I've been using shea butter and cocoa butter on my back. But my arms silicone all the way. So far so good. I'm actually on my way for a follow-up appointment for my back scar. Details to follow.
Oh good golly. .. im.sending you positive healing energy. I am now becoming Really terrified of having this armlift and backlift.
I would not be scared. It's a risk but not typically. Make sure you follow up with your doctor on everything. I'm healing well tho, honestly. Thank you for your healing wishes. That's too sweet.
I have some "bunching" too near the end of the arm :-/. Trying to massage it to see if I can lessen the tension!
Good deal Jinxy...glad ur surgeon is helping you! Looking forward to new pics! May I ask who your surgeon is? I live in Atlanta :-) . Alpharetta actually!
Dr. Marissa Lawrence. She's fantastic! I love her entire staff. I see her twice a week. My arm scars are almost invisible. I can't wait to get my breast done. I am using shea butter for my scars. My back is healing nicely.
Let me know how you make out today. Good luck. What is debridement?
She took off the dead skin and stitched the same area over. That process of removing dead skin is called debridement. Like a scar revision. I'm back on antibiotics and she's going to restitch my pit once I can raise my arms up all the way. I've been trying every day.
Was that painful? Wishing you a speedy recovery.
Nope. The restitch is on next Monday. The back was Tuesday. Nothing hurts.
oh... why is it that the armpit is being restitched?
Thanks for sharing, so sorry you are having to deal with this, but I have learned from others here who have gone though similar experiences it looks worse than it is and will all heal and just be a memory. This can happen, I was lucky it didn't happen with my arm lift. I had bunching issues at the ends of both arms. One arm has completely evened out but the other looks like a little fix will be in order...it happens.
On the one with bunching what will be the guy for that?
I think a re cut will be needed my PS said he could try a shot first, but maybe a little cut at the bottom would be the best way to handle it. I may just wait until I go back for the lower body lift to get it done...
Welcome and thanks for sharing with us!

I'm sorry you're having complications! Hopefully your visit with your doctor today will help address some issues. Please do keep us updated and let us know how it goes.
Thanks! All is well and things are healing well I am told. I feel better too!
Oh good! I am so glad to heart this!