Arm Lift (Brachioplasty) and Upper Body Lift to Remove Excess Skin from Massive Weight Loss - Atlanta, GA

I had an arm lift and upper body lift done on...

I had an arm lift and upper body lift done on December 10th. My surgeon used glue instead of steristrips. I have had some complications with blood flow which is causing necrotic or dead skin on the incision line on my back. I'm unsure of what to look for in order to know if I'm healing properly. Also, there are some issues with my armpit healing on the left side. I expected this to be am issue as I'm told it commonly a problem area.

Brachioplasty and upper body lift 1 month update

My PS took off the glue/tape from my arms, side boobs, and parts of my back that aren't being treated for necrotic skin. She is going to restich the armpit that came undone in time and mentioned bleaching my back to match my skin when healing completes.

I'm praying that my skin doesn't keloid and that the lumpiness from the incision goes down over time. The right side of my body heals great but this left side is a bear on my back.

Restitched Today

My surgeon decided to stitch my back scars again since there was so much tension from dwelling. She also decided to start the debridement process on the necrotic skin. We discovered that the tissue was very healthy underneath. I'm doing well on my protein, but we took blood samples to be sure that my iron is up to par as well. No pics yet because I have bandages until I go back Friday.

Ongoing healing of upper body lift

I'm healing great. I had debreding done with stitches about two weeks ago. The plan is to get everything done as it heals up. I'm going Monday to finish the procedure. I've also started scar therapy. I'm using Biocorneum right now. I'll see how it goes!